PDA

View Full Version : Tried to make BV on 31st BUT,

Mr. C
04-02-2007, 09:36 AM
as you can see things always take longer than expected.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/tornupfloor.jpg
floor & transom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/Newfloortransom.jpg
A little test with the metal polish, to make sure the time and effort are gonna be worth it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/comparepolished.jpg
New seat bases just set in place (got tired of looking at the bare floor:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/int.jpg
Finally done color sanding, polishing, waxing. I think it came out pretty good considering it's 31 years old.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/bowshot.jpg
The little woman, just waiting for the big day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/Noitsnotready.jpg
Hopefully carpet is in by the end of the week, and if I'm real lucky I'll even have some new gauges.
Can't wait to get this thing back on the water and meet some more of you guys.
I have to also give a big thanks to Roberto's for the floor and the teaching lessons on how to bring it back from the dead.

RitcheyRch
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Looking good Mike after getting it polished up. It shined up better than I thought it would. Was sure nice meeting you last week.

Mr. C
04-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I was amazed at how it came back, now I'm even more antsy to get it done and see it the water. I got to tell you i don't want to have do all that sanding and sh!t again, my arms and fingers are killing me.:D
At least it was worth it.

RitcheyRch
04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I cant imagine having to sand it again and would think one coat of wax might be enough. Maybe one of the detail experts will post and give you their expert opinion.

Riverdog1
04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
I was amazed at how it came back, now I'm even more antsy to get it done and see it the water. I got to tell you i don't want to have do all that sanding and sh!t again, my arms and fingers are killing me.:D
I used to color sand, seal and polish once a year. It needed it by the beginning of the season again. It lasted all season though. Pain in the ass, but worth it. Always looked new.

H20 Toie
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Looks great, oh yeah and the boat looks good too :)

LUVNLIFE
04-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Boat looks great. Take your time and it will come out the way you want it. There will be plenty more trips to hang out. Where abouts in Castaic are you?:)

Mr. C
04-03-2007, 05:44 AM
I have to do little sanding now and then as well, but I'm hoping this will last more than one summer. Not looking forward to it if i have to do it next year.
I used to color sand, seal and polish once a year. It needed it by the beginning of the season again. It lasted all season though. Pain in the ass, but worth it. Always looked new.

Mr. C
04-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks, I'll let her know.:D
I was dropping my kid off at a friends the other day and strumbled across your place, like the storage for your toys, wish i had that. Why or where are you moving to?
I saw the detailing crew in front, Are they reasonable priced? I assume they do good work since it looked like they were working on your little (haha) boat.

Mr. C
04-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Boat looks great. Take your time and it will come out the way you want it. There will be plenty more trips to hang out. Where abouts in Castaic are you?:)
Trying to take my time but becoming a little impatient, should have carpet this week, and i have a good friend who donated to my charity and I ordered a new set of gauges as well.(Thanks Mark).
We are up past the west ramp in Northlake. Cedar Point actually.

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Definitely take your time. Dont want to rush it and possibly make matters worse. There is plenty of time this season to get it wet. :D :D
Trying to take my time but becoming a little impatient, should have carpet this week, and i have a good friend who donated to my charity and I ordered a new set of gauges as well.(Thanks Mark).
We are up past the west ramp in Northlake. Cedar Point actually.

H20 Toie
04-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks, I'll let her know.:D
I was dropping my kid off at a friends the other day and strumbled across your place, like the storage for your toys, wish i had that. Why or where are you moving to?
I saw the detailing crew in front, Are they reasonable priced? I assume they do good work since it looked like they were working on your little (haha) boat.
Well stop by and say hello next time.
I got a house back up in Hasley cyn and the house has a 5 car garage ( also 2 acres ) so i will have lots of room for the toys now.
Yeah they do a great job call Shawn at 661 313 0193 they did my motorhome a couple of weeks ago and did an awesome job on it also

Mr. C
04-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Damn You Baller:D :D
Sounds really nice.
Next time I will stop and say hi, wanted to meet you at the Elephant Bar but had to leave a little earlier then expected(inlaws were in town).
I got a house back up in Hasley cyn and the house has a 5 car garage ( also 2 acres ) so i will have lots of room for the toys now.
Yeah they do a great job call Shawn at 661 313 0193 they did my motorhome a couple of weeks ago and did an awesome job on it also

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Where abouts off of Hasley Cyn? When is the house warming party?

a catered life
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
taking your time makes for a better project:D

H20 Toie
04-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Where abouts off of Hasley Cyn? When is the house warming party?
It is on colt rd
Escrow closes on the april 25th but i am going to havasu for the poker run so will have to move when i get back, the party should not be to long after that.
Only down side to the new house is no pool (yet)

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Sounds good. WIll be nice to have a huge garage and big yard.
It is on colt rd
Escrow closes on the april 25th but i am going to havasu for the poker run so will have to move when i get back, the party should not be to long after that.
Only down side to the new house is no pool (yet)

H20 Toie
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds good. WIll be nice to have a huge garage and big yard.
yep i will need to find someone to build a big building inthe back i am thinking something like a 75' x 100' should be good to start :)

RitcheyRch
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
That will be nice. Should be a nice home for the toys.
yep i will need to find someone to build a big building inthe back i am thinking something like a 75' x 100' should be good to start :)

Dons_donzi
04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll second that... or third or fith, what ever we are up too....
:D
dont mind me, i'm just the local "tug boat operator"....
i keep cold beer on the boat for those that like to push my boat across the lake at the end of a rope.
Just dont let the wife get with Diane and Jen and give me more hell about how i should be treating my new woman...!!! :eek:

Desert Rat
04-04-2007, 05:27 AM
I'll second that... or third or fith, what ever we are up too....
dont mind me, i'm just the local "tug boat operator"....
i keep cold beer on the boat for those that like to push my boat across the lake at the end of a rope.
Just dont let the wife get with Diane and Jen and give me more hell about how i should be treating my new woman...!!! :eek:
Did you get ANOTHER boat???.......

Dons_donzi
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Did you get ANOTHER boat???.......
nope... not me... still pimpin' out the Donzi.
they just call me tug boat don some times.... (my part time duties)

eliminatedsprinter
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
nope... not me... still pimpin' out the Donzi.
they just call me tug boat don some times.... (my part time duties)
They would be me.:D
And I'm Rin Tin Steve....as in: Woof woof !!Cale and Jen are in trouble!! Woof Woof !!ya goota come tow em!! Woof Woof!!! and Chili man and Susan need a tow! Woof Woof!!:D
Need a tow?? Call for Don and his twins...;)

Dons_donzi
04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
short tows are easy... its them 25 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico that kill me.
but hey.... if a friend calls me to come help... i'm gonna be there.
thats just the way i roll.
(and it makes it easier to say yes to the cooks...) i was gonna say sexy cooks but i seen Cale cooking and didnt want to give him the ammo.

eliminatedsprinter
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
short tows are easy... its them 25 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico that kill me.
but hey.... if a friend calls me to come help... i'm gonna be there.
thats just the way i roll.
(and it makes it easier to say yes to the cooks...) i was gonna say sexy cooks but i seen Cale cooking and didnt want to give him the ammo.
Don't forget you helped with the launching and retrieving, feeding ya was our pleasure.:D That's the way we all roll. Everyone pitching in for a great time.:D

Desert Rat
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Don't forget you helped with the launching and retrieving, feeding ya was our pleasure.:D That's the way we all roll. Everyone pitching in for a great time.:D
Hey and don't forget the free entertainment, right Diane ;) :D
AND the comedy acts start at 11:00

eliminatedsprinter
04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Yea, esp the Aristo Speedo Dance???:D ;)

Desert Rat
04-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Sooo you WERE looking Steve, I thought I told all the men to look away Just the women were to look:eek: :D

eliminatedsprinter
04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Sooo you WERE looking Steve, I thought I told all the men to look away Just the women were to look:eek: :D
That's what you ordered, but your not the boss, so the women looked away (in horrer) and the guys looked to see what the was making them barf...;)

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
04-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Thats right Paul:D :D

Dons_donzi
04-09-2007, 05:35 AM
next time i'll be sure to have a stack of singles...
:eek:
yikes.... wrong show...!!!!
:yuk:

04-09-2007, 06:00 AM
next time i'll be sure to have a stack of singles...
yikes.... wrong show...!!!!
:yuk:
Watch it:devil: :devil: :D

Dons_donzi
04-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Watch it:devil: :devil: :D
GOOD MORNING...!!!
whats for breakfast...!!! :D

04-09-2007, 07:42 AM
GOOD MORNING...!!!
whats for breakfast...!!! :D
Red Eye from Starbucks:D :D

Dons_donzi
04-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Red Eye from Starbucks:D :D
atleast its not the brown eye...????

04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
atleast its not the brown eye...????
ok I'll bite whats that

Desert Rat
04-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Same thing as a purple starfish :jawdrop: :D

LUVNLIFE
04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
ok I'll bite whats that
Like you don't know;) :D

Dons_donzi
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
CHOCOLATE STARFISH... B#TTHOLE SPOKES... :eek:

04-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Like you don't know;) :D
Easy there big guy:devil: Oh and Cale your robe arrived:D :D

Dons_donzi
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
hmmm... that rainbow robe...? :eek:

raff
04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
hmmm... that rainbow robe...? :eek:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd35b3127cce90f8786fccbd00000016108AbtWzlm1Ztn
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :)

LUVNLIFE
04-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Alright:D Hugh Hefner style:) but with the front open ;)

eliminatedsprinter
04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :):devil: :devil: NOT FUNNY and its the Mrs here

raff
04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
:devil: :devil: NOT FUNNY and its the Mrs here
:mad: :D

Desert Rat
04-12-2007, 05:35 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd35b3127cce90f8786fccbd00000016108AbtWzlm1Ztn
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :)
What am I missing here? Is that a rainbow on the wacker cover?:sqeyes:

raff
04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I thought they said Rainbow boat:eek: :)

eliminatedsprinter
04-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Nope those were "Big Stick Colors" and It's red now anyways.:D

Dons_donzi
04-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey this is cool... Jesse James did this Hummer while i was in Iraq last...
(it never ran.. but it was still cool...)
i found these pics on here...
the guy third from the left ... is ME...!!!
cool huh...

Dons_donzi
04-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey this is cool... Jesse James did this Hummer while i was in Iraq last...
(it never ran.. but it was still cool...)
i found these pics on here...
the guy third from the left ... is ME...!!!
cool huh...
HMMMM... pic didnt go...???? try again.

LUVNLIFE
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey Mr.C I think the 28th is tenentive for BV. Can you get her ready?:)

RitcheyRch
04-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Is that April 28th or May 28th?

LUVNLIFE
04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
April 28th Rich:) Gotta try my new box out:D

RitcheyRch
04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds good to me. Most likely we will be there.
April 28th Rich:) Gotta try my new box out:D

Mr. C
04-16-2007, 06:48 AM
I think i can, I think i can, I HOPE i can. :D
Are you going for the weekend or just Saturday?
Why does it always take longer than what you think it will, Finally got the new gauges in and then decided i wanted to move them and drill :2purples: new holes to balance them out. still not quite done. Good news carpet is here and that goes in this week then seats etc. Lost time with easter and baseball, man it's always something. I feel like i opened Pandora's Box.
Here's a couple more pic's of the progress.
old gauges
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/dasholdgauges.jpg
new gauges-before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/gaugespartialnew.jpg
new gauges-after, still got one more to move
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/newgaugesdash3.jpg
can't forget the carpet. Yes i know it's green:rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/carpet2.jpg

Dons_donzi
04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
i think i have like 15 guages....
and that many switches...
ahhhhh the joys of twins.

RitcheyRch
04-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Looking good Mike (Mr. C). Get er done and meet us at BV in 2 weeks. I will be there for the day on Sat, April 28th.

Mr. C
04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Looking good Mike (Mr. C). Get er done and meet us at BV in 2 weeks. I will be there for the day on Sat, April 28th.
I really think it should be done within 2 weeks, I lose working on it next weekend because of a wedding on Sat. then a shower type deal on Sun.
Guess there is some long nights in my near future:)
And i would really like to take it out to Castaic before the 28th, just to make sure it's all good.

LUVNLIFE
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Sounds good Mr. C. Get her done but make her right;) More info as the date gets closer, I goota try my new box out:D

RitcheyRch
04-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Sounds good. HOpefully you are able to get it finished in time for the BV trip in 11 days.
I really think it should be done within 2 weeks, I lose working on it next weekend because of a wedding on Sat. then a shower type deal on Sun.
Guess there is some long nights in my near future:)
And i would really like to take it out to Castaic before the 28th, just to make sure it's all good.

Dons_donzi
04-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, i got my dang trim fixed.... it was a bad solenoid. I was pokin around checking my connections and seen where the top hot wire stud had twisted, and was pokin out the side of the case... (damn calibrated elbow of mine...) but i had a couple of spares and stuck one on and she's good to go...
hell, the stereo even cam back to life...??? (i swapped sides with my batteries after they were charged and i bet one is dying on me...)
but the tunes are kickin, now i gotta stick my sub back in and get some boom boom sound again....
ahhhh, i'll be rockin on the river this weekend..!!!!

Digger
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Cale, are you saying you are going to take me a ride on April 28? I did have a spare box behind my seat it was buried but there. Thanks for trailering for me.

RitcheyRch
04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Are we still have a gathering this coming weekend at BV?