PDA

View Full Version : Water level from Needles to Havi

River918
04-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Gonna head out to see my parents in Bullhead on Easter Sunday and want to drop the boat in the water in Needles on Monday. I just wanted to see what the water level is like between there and Havasu...Anyone done it lately? Weve done it in the past and just wanted to make sure the level is up....
Thanks

Havasu Luvr
04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I ran my 29'er from Havi to Topock on sat. no problems. Lake level and river was very high.

River918
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I ran my 29'er from Havi to Topock on sat. no problems. Lake level and river was very high.
Cool, thanks....

GAME TIME
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
launched at Jack Smith on Sat and drove down to the chanel. No problems.

River918
04-02-2007, 11:15 AM
launched at Jack Smith on Sat and drove down to the chanel. No problems.
Perfect,,, glad to hear it....
Thank you

shippingguy
04-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Like previously mentioned the water level is up. We launched at Jack Smith this weekend no problems. I drove across the Needles bridge this morning on the way home to Cali and the water was WAY UP. You will be fine.

That Guy
04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Gonna head out to see my parents in Bullhead on Easter Sunday and want to drop the boat in the water in Needles on Monday. I just wanted to see what the water level is like between there and Havasu...Anyone done it lately? Weve done it in the past and just wanted to make sure the level is up....
Thanks
B...ran up to Topock from havi this weekend and no problem at all. The entrance at the mouth of the river (as you leave the lake and head up towards the sandbar) has changed quite a bit from last year. Just follow someone or just be aware of the change and you will be fine...:) Still waiting for you guys to pick a date.....:D

River918
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
B...ran up to Topock from havi this weekend and no problem at all. The entrance at the mouth of the river (as you leave the lake and head up towards the sandbar) has changed quite a bit from last year. Just follow someone or just be aware of the change and you will be fine...:) Still waiting for you guys to pick a date.....:D
Let us know when... How has the passage way changed? Still stick to the right (when leaving havi and going up river).....right? Are you guys gonna be out for Destert Storm weekend?

jrgaudettes
04-02-2007, 03:17 PM
The only problem we had up there is the water was cold.:D
But I still jumped in.
As said already the water level was fine, you should have no problems.

77charger
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Keep it simple and stay below the needles bridge.Go north of the bridge there are more shallow spots.

River918
04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Keep it simple and stay below the needles bridge.Go north of the bridge there are more shallow spots.
Yeah, I never go above the Needles bridge. The wife and I enjoy the boat ride from Needles to Havasu, especially coming back in the evening when the sun is setting...

Kiddunot
04-03-2007, 07:38 AM
We were just out there and the way we went throught the passage was staying to the right going toward sandbar, then cut a 15 degree angle to the left and to the right this will put you on the left side shoreline and you will be fine from there. Good luck if that makes any sense.

Wild Horses
04-03-2007, 07:48 AM
You can see the shallow areas if you really look!! 3 weeks ago I pulled a ski boat off one side of the entrance, and there was another family boat on the sand on the other side. My boat runs way deep and I had no problems all the way to Moabi.:D

That Guy
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Let us know when... How has the passage way changed? Still stick to the right (when leaving havi and going up river).....right? Are you guys gonna be out for Destert Storm weekend?
When..... is anytime....you were checking schedules.... (on the way up to the sandbar) we stayed left near the reed island and drove straight through...way right was waaaaay shallow. 2 guys stuck getting pulled out by sea tow on the way back. Yes, out for Desert Storm...expecting you guys to be part of our floatilla that morning...:D :D

River918
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
When..... is anytime....you were checking schedules.... (on the way up to the sandbar) we stayed left near the reed island and drove straight through...way right was waaaaay shallow. 2 guys stuck getting pulled out by sea tow on the way back. Yes, out for Desert Storm...expecting you guys to be part of our floatilla that morning...:D :D
We'd love too hook up with you over desert storm...We are heading out with the DRMCAT's and all the kids....:-)
Maybe we can shoot for the 22nd..We will be in Bullhead this Sunday through Tues and the following week we loook busy also...