PDA

View Full Version : MAKO PROJECT

WILDERTHANU
04-10-2002, 08:26 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MOST OF YOU GUYS USE TO MOUNT YOUR STRUT/PLATS/LOG WITH? IS THAT POXY PUDDY THAT REX SELLS GOOD. ALSO IS A FIBER STRUT BUSHING GOOD AS SAY A DERIN BUSHING. WHO ELSE OTHER THAN REX AND EDDIE MARINE SUPPLY HIGH PERFORMANCE V-DRIVE HARDWARE?

GofastRacer
04-10-2002, 08:30 PM
I use MarineTex, works good. Glenwood has V-Drive stuff too.........
[This message has been edited by GofastRacer (edited April 10, 2002).]

Jetboatguru
04-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Wilderthanu, Fiber strut bushings are fine. Tom Bentley has much V-drive stuff or can point you in the right direction. (Menkens V drives)

WILDERTHANU
04-10-2002, 09:03 PM
JETBOATGURU, THANX. HEY WERE DO YOU STAY IN PARKER, DO YOU KNOW RIVER REFLECTIONS? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU BOAT RUN, IT LOOKS LIKE IT TAKES A NICE SET!

V-Drive Tom
04-11-2002, 06:11 AM
WILDERTHANU WHERE did you get your MAKO from and how much of it are you missing?

V-Drive Tom
04-11-2002, 06:26 AM
WILDERTHANU Do not use the Marinetex to mount your strut or shaftlog. A little silicone will work best for those. Marinetex gets super hard, it will work good for the plate on the inside of the boat above the strut.(to make it level)and for your rudder stuffing box to make it plumb. TOM. PS, I have, for a MAKO NEW, never been run,cav plates,strut,and fin...

WILDERTHANU
04-11-2002, 09:08 AM
TOM, THANX SO MUCH FOR THE REPLY ! WELL I GOT THE MAKO FROM A PRIVATE PARTY, ITS NOT ONE OF JIM OR DONS OLD BOATS, BUT THE BOTTOM LOOKS TO BE REALLY STRAIT AND HAS BEEN BLUEPRINTED. ITS MY FIRST RUNNERBOTTOM AND I COULD USE A LITLE HELP? MY DAD IS A FORMER PRO STOCK CHAMP, BUT ITS BEEN A WHILE FOR HIM, IF YOU COULD HELP A LITTLE BIT A WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF YOU?

HavasuDreamin'
04-11-2002, 09:46 AM
Tom's number is at the top of this page!

Heads up
04-12-2002, 06:58 PM
I've put together a few boats with my dad. They weren't record holders or anything like that but we used Marine Tex on the strut, silicon on the plates, shaft log and stuffing box. To get the marine tex to release we always used a propane torch and tried to keep the heat on metal and not the glass. It eventually starts to melt and will come out farely easy and not break any of the glass away.