PDA

View Full Version : needs a new v-drive

mizeman
06-19-2001, 09:48 PM
no one seemed to help me on the canyon craft topic..does anybody know where i can get a new v-drive boat?? i e-mailed rayson craft, and he said he could build me one for 30-40 thousand dollars....thats a little steep for me. if anyone one can help me please do so!!!or if anybody can point me in the right direction i would be greatful!!!!!!

Timer
06-20-2001, 03:07 AM
mizeman, when I was deciding on buying a used Eliminator v-drive, I talked with Eliminator Boats. They said if a client came to them wanting a v-drive, they would sell him/her the boat but send it to Jim Wilkes to rig it for the v-drive. I would think that if you found a brand that you liked (and the manufacturer said it could work with a v-drive) you could follow that approach. It's still going to cost some bucks.

superdave013
06-20-2001, 08:32 AM
If your looking for a flatbottom. Get a used one. Out here in Calif you can get a very nice one for cheep. Lost of Hondos, Coles. UYou name it you can get it out here. You can get one that has been raced and tested / set-up. I sold mine for a smoking deal. You could not buy half of the hardware for what I sold that boat for.
30-40 grand for a new Raysoncraft? That sounds cheep to me. I would not get a flatbottom from them but their V-hulls are great. Call Schiada in Torrance, CA. They do mostly v-drive stuff. You won't get one for 40K. Will cost a little more.
Try to track down Mako boats in Riverside, Ca. They are the ones to beat in the blown alki flat class now. I'll look around and see if I can get you some info on who's makeing flats now.

mizeman
06-22-2001, 07:48 PM
thanks superdave and timer i would think 35 to45 grand would get a 1200hp blown flat for that kind of money...20k for motor and 10-15k for the hull and trailer!!! schiada would be nice,but i want a flat i have considered an outboard tunnel to get to the triple digit zone,but there is nothing like the sound of a screaming big block to warm the soul!!! the mako sounds cool any guess what a hull and trailer would cost?? maybe fully rigged minus motor?? thanks again for the help!!!!

ponponracing
06-22-2001, 08:18 PM
Mizeman,
what kind of a boat do you need? I have a used 18 foot Biezer I should sale before I decide to put my buns in circle track racing again.

mizeman
06-23-2001, 08:31 PM
i would like a runner bottom flat of some kind,something i could drag race in,but at the same time,use it as a lake boat, the problem is that i live in tennessee,the bass boat capitol of the world it seems...plenty of allisons and bullets but VERY few v-drives. i had a 77 hondo and loved it,it just needed more time and attention that i could give it!!