PDA

View Full Version : *** IRVINE LAKE AGAIN ! Oct 12th V-Drive Regatta***

carbonmarine
09-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, a birdie just told me that Irvine lake will be open & screaming with V Drives on Oct 12th. ** Get you last speed fix for the year....
- October 12th @ 7:30 AM to 6:30PM
- Last one for 2003 / Same details as last time !
- Only 50 boats allowed..
- Entry 50.00 bucks for boats / 10.00 for lookie loo's..
- No Speed , Noise Restrictions ( Zooomies !!!)
- BBQ again..
- Call Irvine lake and register now !
-(714) 649-9113
******** NO TRAILOR TROPHIES ***********
Rick32
See ya there !
[ September 25, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: carbonmarine ]

dmontzsta
09-15-2003, 03:57 PM
how big is Irvine Lake?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-15-2003, 04:18 PM
The first one was cool, I will definately return.
p.s. there are more outings planned after this one in other places. :cool: :cool:

1980SANGERV-DRIVE
09-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Where is Irving Lake???? :)

Sangster
09-15-2003, 04:55 PM
So.Cal....

HM
09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
1980SANGERV-DRIVE:
Where is Irving Lake???? :) I think Irving Lake is in Texas, but Irvine Lake is in Orange County, CA.
Oh yah, I'm going. :D

Sangster
09-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Holy Moly..Have you had a chance to get those carb measurements... :D

HM
09-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Sangster:
Holy Moly..Have you had a chance to get those carb measurements... :D Not yet!! Tomorrow I will visit my motor and get the measurements. :D

Sangster
09-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Right On......

Fired Up
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Never been to a Regatta. Is this like 1/8 mile racing, poker run, or just cruising around? Sounds fun and its close to home so I'm interested, but I've only run my boat in the 12 second bracket at Ming. No water pump, just a water pick up on the plate. So extended cruising is not an option.

77charger
09-17-2003, 08:15 PM
We are signed up for this.Last time i went i went boatless but met some new people and still had a good time.Mainly there were some good speed runs being made but mainly cruising and relaxing.Cant wait for this event.We plan on camping there sat night.And its only 25 minutes to get there for me.

Big Proppa
09-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Sounds like a blast - but probably will be at the river - if not I'll see everyone there!.

TrailerparkTJ
09-18-2003, 09:34 AM
There are some cool pics of the last V-drive Regatta on Tom Timm's site...looks like it was alot of fun. Spect8foto (http://www.spect8foto.com/Irvine_V-drive_Regatta/V-Drive_Regatta.htm)

BGMAN203
09-18-2003, 04:51 PM
I am going to try and go, need to drag the flat home from the river if i want to go, I will figure it out in a week or so.

HM
09-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Registered today.
I am getting there way earlier this time as I missed the fast boats last time.
I am bringing my 20' Campbell this time. :D

smalls
09-22-2003, 12:02 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
The first one was cool, I will definately return.
p.s. there are more outings planned after this one in other places. :cool: :cool: Were is this lake and can I come????????

ColeTR1
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
If your going don’t bring a trailer trophy. There are a lot of people that would like to get their boats wet. And make sure your motor has all the parts in it!!

Her454
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
ColeTR1:
If your going don’t bring a trailer trophy. There are a lot of people that would like to get their boats wet. And make sure your motor has all the parts in it!! The Smalls boat a trailer trophy? Yea right. eek!

ColeTR1
09-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Her454
The Smalls boat a trailer trophy? Yea right. eek!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738redrock3.jpg
It wasn't a trailer trophy at red rock.

Moneypitt
09-25-2003, 09:04 AM
I guess I had too much fun at the last Irvine event. Last time, the first time, I reserved a place on my word to show up and pay at the gate. Now that the event has a following, due to the success of the first one, my word and cash at the gate are no longer acceptable. So have your credit card handy if you call to reserve a spot on the water, only 50 v drives, and one big fu*#@g wake board boat will be allowed on the lake that day. I know I should have a credit card for times like this, but I'm an old dog, and for me a credit card would be a new trick. So, I won't be there this time with my 68 hydroflite, I'm sure you guys and girls will have fun without me!!!.........Moneypitt

superdave013
09-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Moneypitt:
I guess I had too much fun at the last Irvine event. Last time, the first time, I reserved a place on my word to show up and pay at the gate. Now that the event has a following, due to the success of the first one, my word and cash at the gate are no longer acceptable. So have your credit card handy if you call to reserve a spot on the water, only 50 v drives, and one big fu*#@g wake board boat will be allowed on the lake that day. I know I should have a credit card for times like this, but I'm an old dog, and for me a credit card would be a new trick. So, I won't be there this time with my 68 hydroflite, I'm sure you guys and girls will have fun without me!!!.........Moneypitt Well that sucks, now who's gonna flip off the wakeboard boat this time?????

SkiSangerDLX
09-25-2003, 09:27 AM
I have a 74' Schiada 18' Flatty for sale with no motor in the boat. I have already purchased my pass for truck and boat. I am currently working the staff at Irvine lake to not count my craft since it is not in floating condition (its stripped). In fairness to the others if I should sell this boat before the event I would be happy to give up my boat pass to someone that can better benefit from it. I will update as the event gets closer.
The last thing I want to do is keep anyone from being on the water.

superdave013
09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
SkiSangerDLX:
I have a 74' Schiada 18' Flatty for sale with no motor in the boat. I have already purchased my pass for truck and boat. I am currently working the staff at Irvine lake to not count my craft since it is not in floating condition (its stripped). In fairness to the others if I should sell this boat before the event I would be happy to give up my boat pass to someone that can better benefit from it. I will update as the event gets closer.
The last thing I want to do is keep anyone from being on the water. Hey brah, post a pic of that puppy right here in the v drive forum and ya might just sell it before the event! We like flatties in these parts! :)

BGMAN203
09-25-2003, 09:09 PM
superdave013:
SkiSangerDLX:
The last thing I want to do is keep anyone from being on the water. Hey brah, post a pic of that puppy right here in the v drive forum and ya might just sell it before the event! We like flatties in these parts! :) Ya, and Superdave likes Schiada'a and I think he even has a turbo motor laying around somewhere...hmmmm :D

Rexone
09-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Moneypitt:
I guess I had too much fun at the last Irvine event. Last time, the first time, I reserved a place on my word to show up and pay at the gate. Now that the event has a following, due to the success of the first one, my word and cash at the gate are no longer acceptable. So have your credit card handy if you call to reserve a spot on the water, only 50 v drives, and one big fu*#@g wake board boat will be allowed on the lake that day. I know I should have a credit card for times like this, but I'm an old dog, and for me a credit card would be a new trick. So, I won't be there this time with my 68 hydroflite, I'm sure you guys and girls will have fun without me!!!.........Moneypitt So MP how the hell do ya break into your house when ya forget your key, and scrape ice off the windshield w/o a credit card?

superdave013
09-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Rexone:
Moneypitt:
I guess I had too much fun at the last Irvine event. Last time, the first time, I reserved a place on my word to show up and pay at the gate. Now that the event has a following, due to the success of the first one, my word and cash at the gate are no longer acceptable. So have your credit card handy if you call to reserve a spot on the water, only 50 v drives, and one big fu*#@g wake board boat will be allowed on the lake that day. I know I should have a credit card for times like this, but I'm an old dog, and for me a credit card would be a new trick. So, I won't be there this time with my 68 hydroflite, I'm sure you guys and girls will have fun without me!!!.........Moneypitt So MP how the hell do ya break into your house when ya forget your key, and scrape ice off the windshield w/o a credit card? I can tell you have never met Moneypitt. He has no need to break into his house. He goes down the chimney just like Santa Clause. :D

Moneypitt
09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
This is one of those old neighborhoods where nobody locks anything. Cars/trucks open with the keys in them, houses/garages open, not locked, hell, we don't even have any keys to this house.(the old owner didn't either) However, most people on this cul de sac are avid outdoorsmen, hunters, fishermen, boaters etc. with GUNS and KNIVES, not to mention the DOGS and COPS that live here. We are very fortunate that crime hasn't found us yet....The one intruder that was shot dead might have something to do with our peace of mind.....Moneypitt, (keep calling me santa clause and I won't bring you anything for christmas, you bad boy!)

Big Proppa
09-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Made my reservation Wednesday, should be alot of fun - I'll probably be there right when they open. See you guys there!.

JWM
09-27-2003, 09:25 AM
Moneypitt:
No wake board boats on the water at this event. The ski school will be closed for this event.
The only wakes that might give you a problem are from 21 ft. Schiada V-Drive hot rods.
Jim Wilkes

Moneypitt
09-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Jim, the wake board school was closed for the last one, yet the wake board boat was cruising around like he owned the lake. Coming in close to check out the hot v drives, never realizing the possible consequences of his innocent actions, due to the huge wake that barge is designed to make. The red "hot rod" boat was also "running the beach" kicking up un wanted swells towards the bobbing v drives that were anchored at the point. We all create wakes and waves, thats part of any type of boating, some people are just "limping through life" and are totally unaware of other people's space. Perhaps a simple explanation to the wake board guy would make him aware of his actions, and allow us all,(even him) to enjoy this event. Another point, there were certain fishmen boating on the lake during the last v drive event that had no respect for the lakes 5 mph limit they were/are suppose to honor, I will say that MOST of these boats did a good job of not swamping the anchored boats as they came in close for a look at the fine examples of hot boats. My old boat was never in any danger of damage, but some of the boats were bounced around pretty good, causing the owners to re-anchor to keep their rudders and props off the bottom. I'm sure a simple education to these fellow boaters,(non v drive) could explain the results of, and alter their actions....I'm still trying to reserve a spot, with the help of someone up north that is not "credit card challenged"..Moneypitt

Kurtis500
09-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Is there going to be another v-drive regatta at Bluewater. Anybody know? Wish I could go to this one. cry
[ September 27, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

JWM
09-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Moneypitt: The ski school can only get on the water after 4:00 PM that's when the lake is closed. No more fishing. after that the ski school has the lake. I talked with Dave and there will be no ski school the day of the V-Drive Regatta. It was a problem at the last regatta and Dave has made adjustment.
Jim Wilkes

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
how are these meets?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-29-2003, 06:51 PM
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool:

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 06:55 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool: oh man, even more incentive. Can I still get in Jerry? I will have to show up for that one...

WILDERTHANU
09-29-2003, 06:59 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool: THIS CANT BE GOOD.......

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-29-2003, 06:59 PM
dmontzsta:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool: oh man, even more incentive. Can I still get in Jerry? I will have to show up for that one... I'm allways looking for vintage Laveys!! Call Irvine lake and make your Reservation before its too late. If it is too late...cruise down without the boat and enjoy the show anyway!! Jerry

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-29-2003, 07:02 PM
WILDERTHANU:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool: THIS CANT BE GOOD....... I know of a lot of boats that don't make enough power to blow thier air scoops off!! You should be proud. :D

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 07:12 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I'm allways looking for vintage Laveys!! Call Irvine lake and make your Reservation before its too late. If it is too late...cruise down without the boat and enjoy the show anyway!! Jerry [/QB][/QUOTE]
I will talk to my father tommorrow, this will make him go, he is a big fan of the video and if we could get on it, he would take a personal day off work for that :)

ACCEPTENCE
09-29-2003, 07:19 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I will be including footage that I shoot or have shot from both of the Irvine outings into River-Rats Vol 2. :cool: :cool: :cool: Well geez...if jerry is going, I'll have to check the schedule :D :D :D
Wouldn't want to miss a photo op! wink

Sangster
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
:D smile_sp smile_sp http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/icon_beer.gif smile_sp smile_sp :D

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Does "no speed, noise restrictions (zoomies!!!) mean you can or cant get crazy?

GofastRacer
09-29-2003, 07:52 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I know of a lot of boats that don't make enough power to blow thier air scoops off!![/b][/QUOTE]
Damn I sure hope I'm not on that list!... eek! :D :D

Moneypitt
09-29-2003, 07:52 PM
At the first/last one, everyone got to strut their stuff....No speed or noise restrictions, getting crazy was OK, but there was a limit on getting stupid....all self imposed. As long we're all having fun, and not causing dangerous situations, its more or less a free for all........BE SAFE.....have fun!!!!!...Moneypitt

GofastRacer
09-29-2003, 07:56 PM
I'll go along with that!.. :) :cool:

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 08:05 PM
I am sure everyone there will be faster than me. :(
I am VERY new to the boating thing and I am sure my boat is not set up too well. Its fast to me though.

Moneypitt
09-29-2003, 08:15 PM
The nice thing about small boats with big motors, they all look fast!! Even on the trailer!!And they sure feel fast, even if they're not!!!........Moneypitt PS: Art, you gonna show up at Irvine??? Love to have ya!!!! Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Art,
I got that prop off, if your coming I'll bring it! :cool:

GofastRacer
09-30-2003, 08:15 PM
I would love to to make it sounds like a blast, but it's too long a haul for just one day and have to be back for work Monday!. Thanks Jerry, I appreciate it maybe next time. Besides the GN project is a PRIORITY and under way right now so the motor is out and under the bench till Needles.. :)

MandDPerformance
09-30-2003, 09:18 PM
I Love this Irvine thing!!! A couple of questions for Carbon Marine. First off, thanks.
Was wondering if arrangements can made for a water truck? Is it in the same location? The Penninsula.
:) :) :)

carbonmarine
10-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Hi,
I am afraid I cant answer the questions.
I was asked just to post the Info... Thats all.
I believe if any one has any additional questions or concerns ** The very best thing
to do is call the lake directly and simply ask..
From what I hear and what I am reading, this is going to be another great event !! The key is to make them better each time !! So. Everyone put there happy hat on and come on down.......
Rick32 / Carbon Marine. :cool:

JWM
10-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Oct. 12 Irvine lake event is now sold out. Irvine has reached the 50 boat max. Spectators are still welcome.

MandDPerformance
10-01-2003, 01:47 PM
My Happy Hat has been on since the last outing. Or is that my Jimmy Hat!!!!! :D :D :D

WILDERTHANU
10-01-2003, 01:57 PM
BEING FROM S.CAL I THINK IT WAS FUN HAVING A GET TOGETHER SO CLOSE TO HOME, I MEAN FOR ME LIKE 25 MIN DOWN THE ROAD. THE ONE THING THAT WAS A LITTLE BIT OF A PROBLEM (ASIDE FROM MY ROOKIE DRIVING) WAS THE DIRT AND DUST. I LOOK FORWARD TO MANY OF THESE UP AND COMING EVENTS AT IRVINE LAKE.
http://www.spect8foto.com/Irvine_V-drive_Regatta/large/Irvine49.jpg

O.B eddie
10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Is this the same irvine lake which used to hold the races in the early 80"s, I.H.B.A that is?

smalls
10-01-2003, 05:14 PM
WILDERTHANU:
BEING FROM S.CAL I THINK IT WAS FUN HAVING A GET TOGETHER SO CLOSE TO HOME, I MEAN FOR ME LIKE 25 MIN DOWN THE ROAD. THE ONE THING THAT WAS A LITTLE BIT OF A PROBLEM (ASIDE FROM MY ROOKIE DRIVING) WAS THE DIRT AND DUST. I LOOK FORWARD TO MANY OF THESE UP AND COMING EVENTS AT IRVINE LAKE.
http://www.spect8foto.com/Irvine_V-drive_Regatta/large/Irvine49.jpg Are you bringin the boat?
http://www.tourphotos.com/gallery/M-N/motley_crue/103198MotleyCrue-06-sm.jpg

BGMAN203
10-01-2003, 06:49 PM
O.B eddie:
Is this the same irvine lake which used to hold the races in the early 80"s, I.H.B.A that is? Yes same lake. :D

WILDERTHANU
10-01-2003, 07:10 PM
smalls:
WILDERTHANU:
http://www.spect8foto.com/Irvine_V-drive_Regatta/large/Irvine49.jpg Are you bringin the boat?
http://www.tourphotos.com/gallery/M-N/motley_crue/103198MotleyCrue-06-sm.jpg I WONT BE MAKING THIS EVENT...WAY TOO MUCH ON THE OLD PARTY PLATE THIS MONTH....
http://www.nikkisixx.tv/NikkiTommy020.jpg

smalls
10-02-2003, 09:57 AM
COME ON Homizzzle,,, http://www.cruemunity.com/images/n-99-005.jpg
For Shizzle

BGMAN203
10-02-2003, 04:18 PM
[ October 02, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: BGMAN203 ]

GofastRacer
10-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Ooops!.. :D :D
[ October 02, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

mikehydro
10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Four openings left as of monday.

GofastRacer
10-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Damn wish I could make it! :mad: But the GN project overules!.. :)

carbonmarine
10-12-2003, 01:02 AM
TODAY! ! ! ! ! !
YEAH!!!!!
Rick