PDA

View Full Version : CFW Potluck

Mrs P
12-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Here's the deal, I talked to Her454 and Hud, it appears that both are taking a leave this year. I've checked out ***boat and don't see a potluck thread so I'm starting one here and will copy it to ***boat. I have a tri-tip barrel (with charcoal) like Traci's, 2 EZups, two burner freestanding propane stove, and a 6' table that we've brought out the last 3 years. I think the potluck is great myself and I like the idea of having food when everyone is enjoying a few beverages http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/Drunk.sml.gif I'm thinking that besides the food and some help setting up that we could use 2 or 3 more tables, a couple more EZups, and paper goods. There'll be a marked ice chest where we're set up to drop off the tri-tips when you get there, we'll start cooking about 10. Let's bring in the New Year with a dynamite potluck, old friends, new friends and best of all boats. Lots and lots of boats. :D
I'll start the list:
1. PUMPkins-tri-tip, Ziti, and Laid Back Mary's
2.TEAMGREEN-HOTLINKS and BROWNIES.You bring the luck
3. Blwdlfn-Garlic bread and some papergoods
4. Billet Racing-two tables, two canopies, a camp stove and a huge pot of chili.
5. Waterwitch-yummy potatoes, ezup, and something else to eat
6. DeltaRat-Keg of Beer and 2 tri tips
7. DaveO-soda and papergoods, plates,paper towels, and some utensils plastic type
8. Oldsmoboats-tri tip and potato salad
9. Cliff-tri-tip
10. Moose's-Chips and Dips, Potato Salad and Some Soda and Hot Chocolate
11. Katchenup-chili
12. Fleetimus-sodas, bowls and plasticware
13. CharityCase-couple tables E-Z Ups etc & some sort of food dish(don't know what yet).
14. Squirt-Coffee,sugar,cream, cups Tri tip, ezup
15. Flatbroke-couple of Tri-Tips
16. Engine31957-tri tip for the barrel & some beer & soda
17. Jeanyus-tri tip, and pies, EZ up, table,heater,propane BBQ, generator.
18. PinstriperGirl- a dish, extra plates, cups and I have a shtload of napkins (a case)
19. RiverBrat-abalone maybe (typed with fingers crossed)
20. Engine31957-tri tip for the barrel & some beer & soda
Glad to see we got the potluck going on. Thanks for the additions, Merry Christmas everyone http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-031.gif

waterwitch
12-20-2005, 01:37 PM
1. PUMPkins-tri-tip, Poppy's Chili and Laid Back Mary's
4. Billet Racing-two tables, two canopies, a camp stove and a huge pot of chili.
Thanks for starting this!

deltarat
12-20-2005, 01:46 PM
1. PUMPkins-tri-tip, Poppy's Chili and Laid Back Mary's
Thanks for starting this!
Keg of Beer and 2 tri tips
I will be happy to help with the set up I plan on being up there by 8:00 or 8:30

DAVEO
12-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Ill be comming up with d-rat and some others. Ill be happy to help set up also Ill bring some soda and papergoods, plates,paper towels, and some utensils plastic type.

deltarat
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
What no one thinks that they are going to be hungry or what

DAVEO
12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
looks like a lite load should we bring more?

Mrs P
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Hopefully peeps are waiting til after Christmas to post up??
Looks like it going to be dry for New Years week-end and look, no wind :)
Saturday, Dec 31
Mostly sunny. Winds from the ESE at 6 mph. High: 54° F RealFeel®: 54° F
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the ESE at 4 mph. Low: 39° F RealFeel: 37° F
Sunday, Jan 1
Rather cloudy. Winds from the ENE at 4 mph. High: 55° F RealFeel: 57° F
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the E at 3 mph. Low: 39° F RealFeel: 40° F

DAVEO
12-21-2005, 12:07 PM
cool that will be nice.

charitycase
12-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Hopefully peeps are waiting til after Christmas to post up??
Looks like it going to be dry for New Years week-end and look, no wind :)
Saturday, Dec 31
Mostly sunny. Winds from the ESE at 6 mph. High: 54° F RealFeel®: 54° F
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the ESE at 4 mph. Low: 39° F RealFeel: 37° F
Sunday, Jan 1
Rather cloudy. Winds from the ENE at 4 mph. High: 55° F RealFeel: 57° F
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the E at 3 mph. Low: 39° F RealFeel: 40° F
The wife & I will be out camping all weekend.I always bring the kitchen sink so don't be shy if you need something.I'm good for a couple tables E-Z Ups etc & some sort of food dish(don't know what yet).Thank you for taking over for Her454.We all will miss her this year.Thanx Casey

PUMPkin
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the offer Casey, we'll probably take you up on it. I'm famous for forgetting something :rolleyes: As for Traci, there's no taking over for her, I just look at it as helping her out this year. Things definitely won't be the same without her!
Oops, Steve was logged in. Mrs P (Shirley)

PINSTRIPER GIRL
12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
I'll bring or make a dish and bring extra plates, cups and I have a shtload of napkins (a case) my neighbor gave us. Can't wait to see & meet everyone there! :cool:

riverbrat
12-22-2005, 08:20 AM
If we bring the trailer my hubby will cook some abalone.

charitycase
12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
If we bring the trailer my hubby will cook some abalone.
What,you don't cook?

Cs19
12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Whats the closest city to CFW? Trying to do a weather forecast.

Morg
12-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Wheatland Ca.

Her454
12-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Shirley, you guys have fun on New Years and I'm sure there will be lots of great food as usual!
Sorry I cant make it this year but I'll be thinking of all of you and hoping you have great weather for the festivities!
Everyone stay safe, and afloat heheheheheheheh.......
Traci

fleetimus
12-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Very funny!!!!! Soryy you are not going to make it!!!!

riverbrat
12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
What,you don't cook?
Yes! But not abalone

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes! But not abalone
Didn't you guys bring that last year? I remember someone was cooking it.......

Mrs P
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Merry Christmas Traci, I wish I was helping you instead of filling in for you. It's not going to be as much fun without you but I hope we can do your tradition justice. The way the tri-tips are rolling in we might need to borrow your barrel, would that be a problem? What's the max tri-tips we can put in a MotherLode barrel? I'm thinking maybe 15??? I know you're going to have a good New Year because I'm wishing it so :)

Her454
12-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Merry Christmas Traci, I wish I was helping you instead of filling in for you. It's not going to be as much fun without you but I hope we can do your tradition justice. The way the tri-tips are rolling in we might need to borrow your barrel, would that be a problem? What's the max tri-tips we can put in a MotherLode barrel? I'm thinking maybe 15??? I know you're going to have a good New Year because I'm wishing it so :)
I don't cook more than 8 in a Barrel at a time, (but it can be done) it puts the coals out and takes a lot longer for it to cook. You are more than welcome to use my barrel (and I have 2 if you need more). Last year we had 21 Tri Tips and had two barrels (I believe your's was there also) and it worked fine. Let me know and I'll get it to you before the New Year. BTW, lunch is out this week, too much to do before the holidays.....
Have fun!

waterwitch
12-22-2005, 03:51 PM
I can't believe were not going to see you! :cry:
We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year Traci.

riverbrat
12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Didn't you guys bring that last year? I remember someone was cooking it.......
Not us. I think Hud did

Her454
12-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I can't believe were not going to see you! :cry:
We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year Traci.
Thanks, you too. Maybe next time I'll get to see you guys again if you make the drive up. I'll be in Havasu in Feb for a wedding so maybe we can get together then........ Hope you & Jeff have good weather and a safe and Happy New Year!

riverbrat
12-22-2005, 11:11 PM
It won't be the same without you. I had so much fun with you last year.

PUMPkin
12-28-2005, 08:55 AM
The potluck will happen rain or shine :)

Kindsvater Flat
12-28-2005, 09:33 AM
I got a 3am phone call from the flood people from Sac. If all goes well it should look like this late thurs night.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/morningflood93.jpg