PDA

View Full Version : My son died today..

Kindsvater Flat
04-03-2007, 09:09 PM
and I didn't think how focked up this would be. Every 15 minutes (http://www.every15minutes.com/)seemed like a good program but after getting involved its heart wrenching. This morning I get a visit from the sherriff and he informs me that my son died of a alcohol related car accident. I thought I was prepared for this. Then I said screw it and went to his school to watch the accident go down. Nope. Parents are not allowed. Tonight I had to write a good bye letter to him. Tomorrow I get to read it in front of everyone. His room is empty and his cell phone is off. I pray this never happens in real life.
*NOTE: We will reunite after the dealio in the gym tomorrow..

riverbound
04-03-2007, 09:11 PM
:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
It sounds like a powerful program. I hope you grow from it and enjoy life more from the experience. :cool:

Ziggy
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Re-creation enactments as a learning tool for parents and kids. Heard about this before.
Would be a difficult situation to handle.:sqeyes:

lewiville
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
and I didn't think how focked up this would be. Every 15 minutes (http://www.every15minutes.com/)seemed like a good program but after getting involved its heart wrenching. This morning I get a visit from the sherriff and he informs me that my son died of a alcohol related car accident. I thought I was prepared for this. Then I said screw it and went to his school to watch the accident go down. Nope. Parents are not allowed. Tonight I had to write a good bye letter to him. Tomorrow I get to read it in front of everyone. His room is empty and his cell phone is off. I pray this never happens in real life.
that is very interesting

LHC30Victory
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Every 15 Minutes is a very intensive production meant to wrench the hearts and minds of all involved...Cudo's to your school district for the taking the time and expense to put it on...hopefully lives will change and some will be saved (for real)...

brad22
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I had a program go down like that at my school too. they put 2 cars out in front of the school and mocked up a bad accident. they had the fire department and some cops come to the scene and the airlifted the "victims" with a helicopter. it was actually some pretty crazy stuff if you pretend that it was real. I think it is a great program.

DeltaSigBoater
04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I remember they did that my senior year.
Good program!

BajaMike
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
That's a scary title for a thread....glad it's not for real, I lost a son, and it's something you never get over.
I hope it's a good program, and maybe it will save some young lives.
:idea:

Kindsvater Flat
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
They had 2 girls "mock" trapped in one car which they used the jaws to remove the roof. One girl went by helio and the other by ground ambulance. The passenger of the drunk driver died at seen and from what the guys at the FD told me is that they actually bagged her and put her in the hearse. The driver was drunk and was actually taken to jail and went through the whole booking process. There were 11 living dead that were pulled from classes all morning.

Kindsvater Flat
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
That's a scary title for a thread....glad it's not for real, I lost a son, and it's something you never get over.
I hope it's a good program, and maybe it will save some young lives.
Sorry to hear that Mike and I never wish it happens to anyone. Just didn't realize how painful something that isn't true is.

boatsnblondes
04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow, program or not, that has to be the worst thing that can happen...sobering, huh?? Now that you have a IDEA of how horrifying it might be, make sure it never happens...your sone is still here, keep him here. I think thats the point of the whole program. Best wishes to you, reading a goodbye letter, fake or not, ain't gonna be easy...

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I know this is a very hard thing to do................luckily it is not for real and your son and all the other kids in the school might just grasp the concept of it all .......................

BajaMike
04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike and I never wish it happens to anyone. Just didn't realize how painful something that isn't true is.
No problem, I know it wasn't meant to be upsetting, just caught me off guard. I have 2 sons, one born in Chico (Enloe Hospital) and one in Paradise (Feather River Hospital). I used to run the ambulance service in Chico, and I know how valuable those simulations are, I organized many of them.
Glad you family is OK....I miss that place!!

dhall50
04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I went to school for law enforcement and part of that involved an internship with the local sheriffs dpt(last year). Well one day we had to respond to a fatal accident. It was a 17 year old who had been speeding. He lost control and wasn’t wearing his seatbelt. So I found myself at 20 years old watching a kid nearly my age sit lifeless in his car while we waited for the coroner. I was grateful I didn’t have to tell his parents.

Machinist
04-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Jesus - I had to read your post twice before I caught on...I was one year too late for that program, but from what I have heard it is very powerful and sobering (pun intended) ;)

h2oski2fast
04-04-2007, 01:31 AM
YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE......... Why the FU(K, would you title a thread this way? You know people have this ACTUALLY happen in REAL life. This thread is bullsh!t! I have no more respect for you, you are lucky he is still around............... Other people aren't lucky.
Some people don't get to reunite at the gym. Di(khead!

h2oski2fast
04-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Read this thread, asswipe..... It was someone's son:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146052
Now go away!

PBOCOP
04-04-2007, 02:16 AM
I have put on these programs a few times over the past 10 years. Great program and so great to be involved with. I just always wish that we could impact all of the kids at the high school, like we impact the 10-15 that take part in the program from start to finish. It's a great program and saves many lives.
PBO

Kilrtoy
04-04-2007, 02:23 AM
YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE......... Why the FU(K, would you title a thread this way? You know people have this ACTUALLY happen in REAL life. This thread is bullsh!t! I have no more respect for you, you are lucky he is still around............... Other people aren't lucky.
The title may be wrong, but it is a great program, it impacts alot of people. Since the beginning of this program in the SFV we have not lost one H.S. student to drunk driving at and around prom and graduation time, it works

Silver
04-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I am all for it!

mickeyfinn
04-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Read this thread, asswipe..... It was someone's son:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146052
Now go away!
Did the title offend you personally? Did it cause your heart to rise in your throat? GOOD! That is what the whole program is about. Hopefully reading it caused you to think about your own kids (assuming someone would actually reproduce with you). I believe that at least one board member for who this was a reality responded to this post and acknowledged that it was a good program. YOU sir are the asswipe. If this post raised awareness in just one parent whose child was headed down that road enough to have a serious heart to heart discussion or get re-involved in their kids life, I'll swallow my heart every morning. Now please STFU and quit wasting bandwidth.

TAF
04-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Did the title offend you personally? Did it cause your heart to rise in your throat? GOOD! That is what the whole program is about. Hopefully reading it caused you to think about your own kids (assuming someone would actually reproduce with you). I believe that at least one board member for who this was a reality responded to this post and acknowledged that it was a good program. YOU sir are the asswipe. If this post raised awareness in just one parent whose child was headed down that road enough to have a serious heart to heart discussion or get re-involved in their kids life, I'll swallow my heart every morning. Now please STFU and quit wasting bandwidth.
Yes, the title grabbed my eye immediately and I was very moved and happy to hear such a program exsists....and that his son is infact still alive. I personally know from my teen yrs kids that didn't make it, their friends, parents, siblings and neighborsbors changed for life (not to mention police, fire and hospital workers who try to deal w/ it nearly daily). Now that I'm a father of two I've experienced a couple times being the friend of a victim and friend of a parent of a victim. Thankfully the most recent friend is still w/ us and on the road to recover. Get well soon Overkill and we'll get you back to the lake ASAP.

RitcheyRch
04-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Every parents worse fear.

billet racing 1
04-04-2007, 05:54 AM
My daughter was involved with that program. Was helicoptered to the hospital, and died there. They go as far as having a preacher talk to us at the hospital. All the parents involved met at our house prior to the event. Some of the parents could not handle it, even knowing it was staged. Talk to the same parents, and when they saw the officer at the door, could not open the door. If this were real, they would realy lose it.
We now work with the grad night committee for De La Salle/Carondelet HS. Store and haul around 4 truck loads of props for grad night.
Interesting side note. At some of the parent meetings, they served cocktails. Wonder where the kids get it from?
Jerry

Garrddogg
04-04-2007, 06:00 AM
It may be a good program BUT I THINK YOUR TITLE IS PRETTY FUKCIN STUPID! YA GOT SOME BAD TIMING THERE CHAMP!:mad:

Rackman
04-04-2007, 06:16 AM
My son was in this program 4 years ago. The sherriffs chaplain came to my office to give the news. No matter how well you think you are prepared for it, the words are devastating. The good bye letter was the most difficult thing I have ever done. Good luck.

TAF
04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
It may be a good program BUT I THINK YOUR TITLE IS PRETTY FUKCIN STUPID! YA GOT SOME BAD TIMING THERE CHAMP!:mad:
This is America, land of the free and many opinions.
My opinion, Title is great .

Garrddogg
04-04-2007, 06:31 AM
This is America, land of the free and many opinions.
My opinion, Title is great .
Thats fine, BUT we lost one of our own yesterday, so as far as Im concerned on a regular day it would be fine, but right now its very bad timing and very bad taste!

AvengerBabe
04-04-2007, 06:50 AM
We lost a member of my senior class in a drinking-related crash. The crash ripped a camaro completely in half from hood to trunk and ejected our friend who was then impaled on a tree. The driver recounted in an interview that she remembers him screaming for his life for an agonizing 5 minutes before he died. The paramedics didn't make it in time to save him. The drunk driver is still in prison today. Unfortunately, my school didn't invoke this program until the following year. I have heard that it is life-changing and I can only hope that it saves kids from experiencing the heartbreak of losing a friend and classmate. KF, I'm glad that your son is okay in reality.

Baja Big Dog
04-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Like Baja Mike, I too lost my son. Hopefully we are the only two on this board that can relate to this title, is it wrong? Who can say, was it shocking? Yes, I had to decide if I wanted to open it or not. And after reading it a few times I caught on.
My hope would be for one person to find meaning in a program like this and have a child be around for the next step in life (what ever that is).
I know that I would never, under any circumstances want to see ANYONE go through the most horrific loss know to man. The statement "Your are not suppose to bury your children" is one that will burn in your heart forever.
Along with the statement "I don't know what to say". Your right, no one knows what to say.
Was the title of this post wrong..........maybe!!!!

Kindsvater Flat
04-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Again Baja Big Dog & Baja Mike. I'm sorry for your loss.
At first I didn't think this was any big deal, just another play at school. Things change when they tell you your child has died. Play or not it hits you real deep. I got through that pretty quick by reassuring myself that this was just another school event.
It took me 5 hrs to write a goodbye letter to my son. The letter is reality. No matter what you say there are things you think about and wish you said that day or could have done better. To each there own on there opinion. If I offended, sorry.

Her454
04-04-2007, 07:50 AM
H20, you are sooooooooo right. SOME PEOPLE DONT GET TO REUNITE AT THE GYM. That is the whole point for this thread! The title may be harsh, and it caught me off guard as well since I know Mikes son personally. HOWEVER, the thread is not bullshit and the program is fantastic. I wish they had it at more schools, including my daughters high school. Maybe if they had I would not have attended so many funerals for teenagers that were killed in car accidents up here on our already dangerous roads.
And Mike is far from an asshole. Anyone that knows him knows he is a volunteer for just about every organization you can think of and still finds time to spend his family and do for others when they are in need. I know for a fact he meant no disrepect with this thread OR it's title, but hoped to bring attention to the program and its effect.
Im truly sorry for the people that have lost children, I cant even begin to imagine the heartache. My heart goes out to you all but maybe, just maybe, this program...and bringing attention to it however that may be, could save someone else the heartache.

Bow Tie Omega
04-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Wow!!!!! What a post. THis is one of those nightmares you hope never happens to you as a parent. I have two little ones (7&2) but have had the scare with the 2 year old twice due to serious illness. That being said, I am sorry for Baja Big Dog, Baja Mike and for their loss. Having to seriously consider the possibility of death for one of my children was bad enough, to actually go through it.....God Bless the both of you and your families. THis program is incredible if you ask me. I have taken part in it in the past in Escondido. It does save lives, it really does. Everyone involved goes out of their way to make sure that it is made to be as real as humanly possible. You all may not remember this, But my neighbors across the street from me in Temecula was the father and son who were killed by the drunk illegals being chased by the border patrol in the early 90's, it was national news. The accident happened at the intersection in front of Temecula Valley High School, it was 1992, I can not believe it was that long ago. To lose a friend was one thing, to watch the mom and daughter loose their son/brother and Husband/dad was absolutely heart breaking. I was in the Navy by then but whe I went to offer my condolences when I came home for leave, it was like talking to a ghost. I wish we could do programs like these at work places as well, not just in schools.
While the title may be misleading or to some a little insensitive, I have seen many families loose their children via senseless acts such as DUI. If the title got your attention and made you think, then in my humble opinion, it served its purpose. And if it changes your actions as a young adult, teenager , adult or parent when it comes to driving after drinking, then the title served its purpose. I think we would all agree that if the cost to save a life is to use a few eye opening words, then using the words would be worth it. Thank you for the post.

Mr. C
04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
My wifes sister and husband lost there son in a alcohol related accident about 8 yrs ago, I can't imagine the pain they went thru, i know what my wife and I went thru and that was hell in it's self.
As far as the title of the thread, I think it was meant to be shocking and not insulting to anyone.
My sons school just did this about 2 weeks ago, the whole staged wreck etc.
I think it was an eye opener for alot of kids, some kids couldn't stop crying
After the mock ambulance had left one student passed out hyperventalated (sp), they had to call for a real ambulance to take her to the hospital.
IMHO It is a great program, if it saves one parent from having to go through this it was worth it.
Mike

Biglue
04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Touching thread KF. Just read about Trimm Man and then I saw this. Pretty shocking, but I think it fits the program well.
Kudos to you guys for participating. And actually glad it's not another death thread.
Shoking yet effective thread title tho. ;)

RiverDave
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
You know... I'm glad H20Ski2Fast said what he said..
I looked at the thread title and the 1st words through my head were "Oh my god!! I can't focking believe this.."
I've never met Kindsvater Flat personally, but have talked to him on the phone a few times, and he's helped me with some stuff, and likewise.
I skimmed what he wrote pretty quickly looking for the details, and read the part about writing the "good bye letter" and even started to tear up a bit for someone I don't know..
Then the word "gym" caught my eye and I had to reread this whole deal to find out it's all bullshiat.
My second thought of the day was for the people on this board that have lost sons, daughters, or even friends, relatives and parents to a similar circumstance. For one brief second they get to revisit that pain, and extend the only condolence that it truly understanding of what that's like becuase they lived through it once already.
I'm not going to bring up names but fock man... There's one guy that's here everyday that went through something pretty horrific, and I can only imagine the look on his face when he pops this deal open. Couple that with Trimm Mann dieing yesterday and I'll definately agree that the timing could've been better, and the title of the thread sure as shit could've been better.
I don't think Kindsvater flat is a dick, or that this is something unforgiveable etc.. I just think that this was in poor taste, and top of which pretty risky. God forbid a thread like this has to pop up for real anytime in the near future?
As far as the program itself.. I think it's great that they show the after effects of a car crash, and simulate injuries. Honestly I think they should take groups of people and before they get a license should have to watch a car go into a brick wall at 35 - 50 mph.. The sound, the impact, and just the sheer energy released is something to be remembered and witnessing it is not for the faint of heart. I don't think most kids... or hell even most people respect that they are basically driving around a 2000 - 7000 pound(***boaters) weapon. The fact of the matter is though, this program if you look at in reality it designed to take erode civil liberties through shockvalue.
If a kid has one beer and crashes a car and somebody dies.. Well was the entire thing becuase of one beer? Would he have been driving 100mph if he didn't have one beer? Is it becuase of lack of experience of driving? Was their something wrong with the car? Did the person he hit put him/her in an unavoidable situation?
Sometimes shit happens.. Most the time It's real easy to blame anything but the person at fault.
Definately a ****ed up thread.. Damn near nothing gets my blood pressure up on the internet anymore. This thread did. Like I said though, I understand the intent of the thread, so I'm not trying to call Kindsvater a dick.. I'll just say again it was in piss poor taste.
RD

TAF
04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Thats fine, BUT we lost one of our own yesterday, so as far as Im concerned on a regular day it would be fine, but right now its very bad timing and very bad taste!
We here on the boards lose someone we know or a friend knows on a daily basis...therefore is it in bad taste nearly daily to post a shocking thread in order to possibly save lives. Unfortunately I don't believe I ever got to meet Trimm Mann but I know that many thought volumes of him. The two different theads stand apart and have nothing to do w/ the other. One man is gone and well thought of , then there're many kids learning (and possiblely their parents) about staying alive. Sorry I may offended anyone w/ my opinion but when others try to put down the good work of others..............end of rant. Oh by the way I just turned 44 so I did take notice of Trimm mann's passing in a personal way even though I possibly never met him.
RSP

lilvampmw
04-04-2007, 10:03 AM
I find it to be an awesome program.. going to check up on it so it gets done at my kids high school. Whatever saves a life is good.. teaching a lesson to teens is tough...I don't think I could go a day with out any of my 4 kids. My biggest fear... anyhow.. rock on!

dumbandyoung
04-04-2007, 10:04 AM
First off you are an asshole for this thread. One of my best friends just died form an overdose, My uncle was killed from a drunk driver, and one of my friends in high school was killed in at 17 years old from driving under the influence and my Dad died when I was 10 years old....Oh and we never got to reunite at the gym. When I saw your thread I felt that pain for you, then as i read i realized your a peice of shit for joking about this topic!
They did this at my old High school (upland High) about 5 years ago. They had helicopters come in and everything. The ironic thing was that that same year, after the fake crash. 3 alcohol related deaths in a car occurred later that year from students at that school. So what does that mean?? Umm. The kids dont care. You have to reach them in a different level.
I found it pretty retarded. I figure all that money and time wasted could be used for a better cause. Everyone knows if you drink and drive you have a high chance of getting in a wreck.. DUH!!! Same with those TRUTH commercials. Our society doesn't need to be exposed to how many unborn babies die of second hand smoke, or how many kids loose their parents to tobacco every year. Do we really need organizations that spend millions of dollars to tell us what we already know? Lets make it simple, If you smoke alot.. you die,, if your around someone that smokes.. it can affect you.. POINT MADE AND END OF DISCUSSION.
One more thing.... I think Sex Education in schools are dumb too. Every kid knows how to make a kid. They dont need to know about fallopin tubes and how much sperm you produce everyday. What the need to know, is how to raise the kid.
just my .02

superdave013
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE.........
So...... Dennis, are you Pot or are you Kettel? :D

little rowe boat
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
I have been involved with a couple of these in The City of Riv. The program is very powerful and meant to be as realistic as posible. From the actual accident scene itself, Emergency unit responding to the scene code 3,le officers treating it as a crime scene and the actual arrest, the drunk driver is booked and goes before a judge. The parents identifying their childs remains at the coroners office. It is an incredible program.
Lots of tears and heartache.

nodigg
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Easy there H2O! I don't think the title was appropriate but I'm sure he meant no harm?? RIP Kenny!

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you posted this thread. As a parent, I was not aware of this program, but it seems very powerful. I am gonna pass the link to my friends and family. Thanks..........

Mrs. 20
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
First off you are an asshole for this thread. One of my best friends just died form an overdose, My uncle was killed from a drunk driver, and one of my friends in high school was killed in at 17 years old from driving under the influence and my Dad died when I was 10 years old....Oh and we never got to reunite at the gym. When I saw your thread I felt that pain for you, then as i read i realized your a peice of shit for joking about this topic!
just my .02
I don't think he joked about it. He actually sounds very sad. I don't see how you got that from his post.

Captain Dan
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
They did this at my old High school (upland High) about 5 years ago. They had helicopters come in and everything. The ironic thing was that that same year, after the fake crash. 3 alcohol related deaths in a car occurred later that year from students at that school. So what does that mean?? Umm. The kids dont care. You have to reach them in a different level.
I found it pretty retarded. I figure all that money and time wasted could be used for a better cause. Everyone knows if you drink and drive you have a high chance of getting in a wreck.. DUH!!! Same with those TRUTH commercials. Our society doesn't need to be exposed to how many unborn babies die of second hand smoke, or how many kids loose their parents to tobacco every year. Do we really need organizations that spend millions of dollars to tell us what we already know? Lets make it simple, If you smoke alot.. you die,, if your around someone that smokes.. it can affect you.. POINT MADE AND END OF DISCUSSION.
One more thing.... I think Sex Education in schools are dumb too. Every kid knows how to make a kid. They dont need to know about fallopin tubes and how much sperm you produce everyday. What the need to know, is how to raise the kid.
just my .02
and .02 is all it's worth.
You certainly live up to your screen name with this rant.

riverbound
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Jesus Lynch mob....cut the guy a break.
He f*cked up, and titled it wrong. I doubt he did it to be an asshole or anyhting like that. Cut the guy a break, he was just sharing something he was going through.

riverbound
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
just my .02
this whole rant just makes you look like an idiot;)

RiverRatMike
04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
I thought is was real:confused:

eliminatedsprinter
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I gotta admit I was put off by the title of the thread. It is scary enough being responsible for someone who's life you care about more than you do your own. That is a fear all true parents must live with. When I saw it, at first, I just looked at it the way one looks at footage of some poor soul jumping from a burning building. I only opened it on the hope that it was not literally true. I am relieved it wasn't.
Having said that, I'd like to also ask that we lay off the fellow who posted the title. He was obviously moved by the program he is speaking of here and sometimes, when one is so moved, they don't think quite like they normally do. Besides we can edit our posts, but not the titles, or I'll bet he would have changed this one long ago.

ratso
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Agreed the title to the thread kinda threw me...:jawdrop: big deal, read it and get over it. Some people are moved by it... and others wanna be little bitches about it. At least he didn't come on saying he "sunk the boat"...;)
BTW D&Y... your little rant doesn't mean shit... we all have lost friends, family, and aquaintances... you're young, don't worry, there will be plenty more. This man has shared an experience that hit home with him as it has done with others here, so all I can say is "Move along kiddies"... I'm sure there are other topics that "The ***boat Lynch Mob" needs to tend to lol...:D

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
From the title on, the whole thread sucks. Just my $.02:crossx:

ratso
04-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh, I knew you'd never see my side of it!:jawdrop: :D

Devil's Advocate
04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, I knew you'd never see my side of it!:jawdrop: :D
:D :D I managed to agree with your post actually, as grulling as that can be most times.

Kilrtoy
04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
DUMB AND YOUNG,
You need to change your name to a new screen name
to
IM JUST A PLAIN FU CKIN MORON....
This thread did exactly what the program is meant to do, SHOCK THE SENSES.
It impacts alot of people and makes for a postive impact not just in the youth, but all involved. Hopefully from this one thread some of you will take a cab home, just once and save your own life.
The thread and title probably came at the wrong time with the passing of Kenny.
But I read this thread and it really hit home with me, that all the hard work and months of planning I do are actually doing some good in society.

Machinist
04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I would have titled the thread the same in his situation, I did not read it to come off as a joke at all. I have had two very close friends die in alcohol related accidents and this is an awesome program that I am sorry to have missed.

Coach
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
We have this going on tomorrow at school. We do it every other year. The assemby with parents who lost their sons/daughters is a tear jerker. You hope and pray that it never really happens.

Flyinbowtie
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
K-Flat is a good man.
Every 15 minutes is an excellent program, I've been involved in it as well and contrary to some of the opinions expressed here, it does work.

3 daytona`s
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
DUMB AND YOUNG,
to
It impacts alot of people and makes for a postive impact not just in the youth, but all involved. Hopefully from this one thread some of you will take a cab home, just once and save your own life.
But I read this thread and it really hit home with me, that all the hard work and months of planning I do are actually doing some good in society.
Kilr- why let River Dave off the hook? he went on a rant earlier here.I thought the post was positive and productive.The point some can come in and rip a new ass-hole is fine,just justice for all. :) :confused:

prop check
04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
FYI I am sorry to hear for the emotions this caused, my Engineer is the coordinator for this program in Riverside. He puts a true heartfelt effort into this program because he feels it helps/saves kids. The sad part is that the funding for this is up in the air due to the grants that fund it sooooooo if you feel it is powerful enough to help the kids try to let your county sups. and city council know you support it...

Kindsvater Flat
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't believe I titled this thread wrong. Even though the events were make believe it really makes you think. There was a lot of "what if's" or "Could of's" going through my mind. What I went through today was unreal. I could not believe the emotions that went through me let alone what a person who actually went through feels.
Like I said I had to write a letter last night saying good bye to my son. I was thinking to myself that this would be no big deal since I would be seeing him tomorrow. Let me tell you that this was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Today the commander of CHP came up to me and asked me to read my letter to my son in front of everyone. I could barely finish it.
I'm sorry if I offended any of you, I'm sorry if I brought up bad memories, but you know this is life and this is a very powerful program and really wakes you up. And if other parents that are here and take part in this program I hope they title there thread the same way. There is nothing funny about this and there was not one happy moment that I had today.
Just so you know this is the letter I wrote to my son Taylor and how I felt.
Taylor:
Son, I love you. Sometimes I feel I should have said it more. The fact that you’re not here right now makes it hard to make up for those times. I lost a friend and a companion. There are times that I should have spent listening rather than ignoring or just agreeing without really paying attention to what you are really trying to say. There are a lot of changes that I would like to make but its to late for that. Now I can only think of the good times we had together and the bad times. I’ve had my faults, I’m not the greatest but I thought I did my best, yet now I think it could have been better. There is an emptiness now, a void, because you are not here. For the last 15 yrs coming home and hearing your voice meant that I was complete. To know that you’re gone I won’t be able to watch you graduate and be a man that your were meant to be. The college years and one day marry and have kids of your own. With your death there is so much more that I will lose and that empty void will never be filled like I had planned. I miss you and will never forget you. Son, I love you.
Dad

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't believe I titled this thread wrong. Even though the events were make believe it really makes you think. There was a lot of "what if's" or "Could of's" going through my mind. What I went through today was unreal. I could not believe the emotions that went through me let alone what a person who actually went through feels.
Like I said I had to write a letter last night saying good bye to my son. I was thinking to myself that this would be no big deal since I would be seeing him tomorrow. Let me tell you that this was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Today the commander of CHP came up to me and asked me to read my letter to my son in front of everyone. I could barely finish it.
I'm sorry if I offended any of you, I'm sorry if I brought up bad memories, but you know this is life and this is a very powerful program and really wakes you up. And if other parents that are here and take part in this program I hope they title there thread the same way. There is nothing funny about this and there was not one happy moment that I had today.
Great post..;)
also wanted to thank you for opening my eyes. Some people and most people do not realize what they have until it is to late. This post has opened many eyes I'm sure but some may not say so..
So Thank you.:)

bigkahoona
04-04-2007, 07:25 PM
i just called and told both of my sons how much they mean to me .thanks

origfatboy
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
My son died 7 years ago at the age of 11. The title of your thread really brought back a lot bad time

RiverDave
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Kilr- why let River Dave off the hook? he went on a rant earlier here.I thought the post was positive and productive.The point some can come in and rip a new ass-hole is fine,just justice for all. :) :confused:
Might have something to do with the fact that I DIDN'T go on some blind rant 3Daytona's..
I said several times in my post that I didn't think he was a dick for doing it, or that this was some unforgiveable thing. I just said it was in piss poor taste and I didn't agree with it.
Maybe you should go reread my post again before we go down the "justice for all" stuff.. My wasn't really a "rant" like the others.
RD

Kilrtoy
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Good point, So I re-read both psot and I would not have changed anything, RD expressed his opinion, I am a fu ckin moron went of on some stupid shit, like he is the only one to have a friend or family member die.

Desert Rat
04-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I think the title was as it should be A MAJOR SHOCK! For all the peeps that are upset by it my thoughts are sorry! Man what a way to get peoples attention and when you come down to it that is what this program is all about! And to get a thumbs down from somebody that will argue for pages and pages why it is ok to drink and drive a boat is... well just major BS. Sorry about those that have lost children, I would not know how to cope! But I'm SURE they would support ANYTHING that would make sure it doesn't happen to anybody else if they could! I opened the thread expecting the standard "Our prayers are with you" to a thread that REALLY makes you think! I have a 24 and a 14 year old and I can tell you I have a tear thinking about how and what I would put in a goodby letter to either of my sons! KFlat GREAT POST!! I hope they bring this to my youngest sons school, rest assured I will be looking into it! AGAIN GREAT POST!

Her454
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
WOW, for the FIRST time ever, we finally disagree on something. :) Normally I am right there with ya girl....... :) :D
DUMB AND YOUNG,
to
I am 100% in agreement with this post...... Excellent post Miguel. I am so sorry for the recent losses of ***boat members, family and friends..but if this program can help save ONE life, isn't it worth it? IF THE TITLE got your attention, then it was worth the read and hopefully it helped someone.

Boa1277
04-04-2007, 09:28 PM
just my .02
Wow, you have got to be kidding me. Are you truly that stupid or are you just trying to get a rise. Let me guess late teens early 20s no children of your own(or at least hopefully no children of you own.) your name fits you perfectly!

Boa1277
04-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Very Very heavy stuff, to a father of an 11yr old today it makes me shake to think something like this can happen and has happened to other people..I pray every day nothing like this ever ever enters my life or the life of my child. I personally will learn from this thread and I will guarantee my son will also learn from this thread...It is very sad that the forum lost a great friend in Trimm Mann obviously he had a ton of friends, please do not let this thread tarnish any memory of the man, he probably would have gave the thread props, especially if he loved to teach kids sports..Just my opinion, hope it helps.

hoolign
04-04-2007, 10:15 PM
and your opinion means what to anyone?? he titled it how the program is meant to be portrayed!
The guy posted something that meant something to him. Unfortunate that it was along the same timing as Trimm mans thread..but shit! .there is no itinerary on here!
His thread is bullshit because it meant something to him and he wanted to share it?? your the dickhead! You assume that he has never lost someone?? and yap like he doesnt have the right to post something like this?? Who the fukk are you and why is your opinion to his thread more valuble than the programs effect on him?? this whole board is about sharing things!
If you don't like that fact ...log off!
and before you start braggin about your adolesent income as you have with me in the past junior...save it for someone who gives a shit!