PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

AZLAW
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Whats the difference in a Berkeley 12JC and a 12 JG? I dont know what I have on my boat and I need to replace my nozzle O-ring. Also How do I get the rudder pin and Tiller shaft out so I can replace the O-ring.
Thanks, AZLAW

Coded-Dude
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
get the part number of thw bowl, or some other easy to find spot, and match it against the part list online: 12JG Bowl 150-L03495 / 12JC Bowl 150-H02484
http://www.berkeleyjet.com/

IMPATIENT 1
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
jc has a 1 piece bowl, jg has a split bowl

Oldsquirt
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
The only difference between a JC and JG is the bowl. A JC uses a one piece bowl. The steering pivot pin bosses and nozzle socket are integral to the bowl. The JG uses a two-piece (or "split") bowl. The steering pivot part of the bowl is attached with bolts.
They both use the same o-ring.
Go to www.berkeleyjet.com for all the information and technical instructions.

Devilman
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Whats the difference in a Berkeley 12JC and a 12 JG? I dont know what I have on my boat and I need to replace my nozzle O-ring. Also How do I get the rudder pin and Tiller shaft out so I can replace the O-ring.
Thanks, AZLAW
IMPATIENT1 & Oldsquirt got ya covered on the description already, LOL....
Here's the parts diagram off the Berkeley site, show you an exploded view of the JC pump...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158Berkeley_12JC_parts_drawing__Medium_.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks, AZLAW
just remove the allen bolts that hold the pins in, spray alittle lube into the pin area and tap on em tell they push thru or out of the nozzle.leave the rudder off, they're a joke.

Jetaholic
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I'll second that on the rudder.
The bottom pin should come right out. The top one can be a pain though on a standard nozzle because there are two Woodruff keys in them. One for the nozzle and one in the tiller.
Undo both the allen bolts on it and tap it through from the top until you can reach into the nozzle and pull the nozzle key out, then push the shaft through from inside the nozzle.