PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Endurace

Emanon Performance Marine
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
The Nostalgia Endurance class has opened its doors to the O/Bs.
Nostalgia Endurance rule #s;
2) Maximum length of 21'. All boat hulls are to be twenty (20) years or older, or a similar replica of a hull twenty (20) years or older.
15) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines. Any motive power, inboard, outboard, etc. Any fuel, gas, diesel, etc may be used.
16) ANY BOAT running in a Nostalgia Endurance race can be but not limited to: inboards, outboards, stern drives, jet drives, v-drives, v-bottom, flat bottom, tunnel, just about any hull.
New Nostalgia class rules will be posted very soon !

Havasu Carrera
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
So where do we sign up? How much are we going to end up shellin out for the first race? $800 for safety equipment? Membership to the local club? Membership to obdbaba? Like to hear more. If I race my little 300 lb hull will I have to race with a bunch of cruisers with 4 foot roller wakes behind them? :idea:

04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
So where do we sign up? How much are we going to end up shellin out for the first race? $800 for safety equipment? Membership to the local club? Membership to obdbaba? Like to hear more. If I race my little 300 lb hull will I have to race with a bunch of cruisers with 4 foot roller wakes behind them? :idea:
The club is SCSC and the sanctioning body is APBA.
Race cost is $100 average per day.
2 heats per day.
I will post the rules very soon.

lilrick
04-04-2007, 07:38 PM
If I race my little 300 lb hull will I have to race with a bunch of cruisers with 4 foot roller wakes behind them? :idea: YUP!

Havasu Carrera
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
YUP!
I want a head start. :D In front of the rollers:idea:
Is it Bracket Racing? Or all classes crammed into one? I think I'm asking to many questions. Ok how bout the safety equipment. I have a few offroad and road racing helmets but NO boat safety gear except the usual ski jacket stuff.

Ron Hill
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Nostalgia Flats run two heats. Nostalgia Jets run two heats. Nostalgia Endurance run two heats... (Endurance allows hydros, V Drive V Hulls and Outboards...).
You draw for a starting lane...Need a Garmin GPS. If you exceed 80.9, you get a one lap penalty. If you go over 85, you get disqualified for the weekend. (They don't want someone using Nostalgia to test props.)...
Pat Bowman drove our outboard V-Hull at Bakersfield...First time the boat was in the water, six boats, I think, we got sixth....but we know we can do better and we are going to Parker...We only saw 76.1 on our GPS, but Pat said the speedometer was saying 82...So, we need to work on that little problem...
I actaully have two Lifeline jackets. I've offered one to Sid Castle, he's planning on running his Allison Bass Boat and you are welcome to the other... But, I'm sure there are other people that would be more than happy to loan out their jacket...
It sure seemed fun...Damn inboards come off the corners hard, a "WHACKER" may have to do some homework to beat those guys... There were two diesels, and the went through the corners like "Jack the Bear"...Rollers???YES!!!!
It appears, that not one person has been upset when they broke out...hard to argue with the GPS...Everyone seems to have the SPIRIT of FUN, and that is why we race..For FAMILY, Friends and Fun...
I think John Lane will be running his Sleek Craft Mod VP with an outboard, too...John ran John Roth's Stoker at Parker Thanksgiving, he ended up third, I think, be did speed the second heat Sunday!!!

04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Ross has asked that everyone gets their entry in as soon as possible. This makes it alot easier on Ann Hoban, the week before the race. Remember guys She is a volunteer.

04-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Ross has asked that everyone gets their entry in as soon as possible. This makes it alot easier on Ann Hoban, the week before the race. Remember guys She is a volunteer.
Lets get those entries in guys !