PDA

View Full Version : House is SOLD

TCN
04-05-2007, 05:26 AM
31 days on the MLS and we are in escrow. The house we are buying is a short sale/BK/Repo whatever they are calling it so we will be residentially challenged for a few weeks but that's what toy haulers are for right. We are moving our stuff into PODS? Anyone have any experience with these storage boxes? Escrow closes May 1st. Nick

voodoomedman
04-05-2007, 05:50 AM
31 days on the MLS and we are in escrow. The house we are buying is a short sale/BK/Repo whatever they are calling it so we will be residentially challenged for a few weeks but that's what toy haulers are for right. We are moving our stuff into PODS? Anyone have any experience with these storage boxes? Escrow closes May 1st. Nick
PODS are expensive. Call around and you can find a place that will deliver the metal intermodal type containers that lock and then you load those. They will then leave them there if you want or take and store them in their yard. Much much cheaper than PODS.

TheCarDudes
04-05-2007, 05:57 AM
We did a similar deal a couple of years ago. We sold our house and lived in motorhome next to the new house for 2 months while we remodeled.
Moving companies are set up to move and store. The extra charge for them to store our stuff was approx $800 per month. I'm talking 2 fully loaded semi trailers. They just leave all the stuff packed on the trailer and park it for 2 months at their facility. To move a family of 5 with plenty of furniture including them doing the packing and storing it for 2 months was a total of about $6,000. Well worth it.

TheCarDudes
04-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Congrats by the way on selling the house. We just put ourselves in to a similar deal again right now. Sold our current house in 37 days. COE is 5/2 plus 10 for free. Bought a new house where COE is June 15th. Hopefully we can get a rent back from our buyer, otherwise we will go into corporate housing around here and store our stuff again. Mama can't handle the RV deal again. :(

Mrs. 20
04-05-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm jealous. The houses in Phoenix are sitting for 6 months to a year right now.

OGShocker
04-05-2007, 06:17 AM
PODS are expensive. Call around and you can find a place that will deliver the metal intermodal type containers that lock and then you load those. They will then leave them there if you want or take and store them in their yard. Much much cheaper than PODS.
Maybe UPS could get into this business. On second thought, they would be apt to crushing the containers on pick up... :D

ChumpChange
04-05-2007, 06:53 AM
My brother just moved into his new house last weekend. His previous house closed two weeks prior. He didn't have too much stuff as it was just he and his wife. We moved him into a Public Storage facility where the first month was just $1. We moved him out within a month so a dollar is all he spent. The bad part about it was that I had to help him move TWICE.

DelawareDave
04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
I sold my old house last year. I moved into the new one before I even listed the old one. Listing went out Wed, got offer on Thursday, signed on Friday. Closed 30 days later.

UnionJack
04-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I used pods, wasn't bad at all nothing broke and they even let my wife go down there and get stuff out of it

TCN
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks. I think we are going to do it. 2 big 8x8x16 containers and 1 mos storage is only 500 and change and they pick up take away and deliver to the new house.

RiverDave
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
My next door neighbor in the keys is one of the principals for "Mobile Mini" which is a deal for portable storage like what your talking about..
Other then that I don't really know anything about it. I can call and see if I can get you a deal on one though if ya like?
RD

TCN
04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
My next door neighbor in the keys is one of the principals for "Mobile Mini" which is a deal for portable storage like what your talking about..
Other then that I don't really know anything about it. I can call and see if I can get you a deal on one though if ya like?
RD
Do they have offices in San Diego County? We kept our house in Havasu but sold our house in SD and are moving to a new one.

Havasu1986
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Nick, Here is the # to mobile mini. 800 950-6464. They are used mostly for storage/office on construction sites. I don't think they have a storage yard.:)

Havasu_Dreamin
04-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Nick, congrats on the new house!

Outnumbered
04-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm jealous. The houses in Phoenix are sitting for 6 months to a year right now.
Only if they are overpriced;) Same thing is happening in CA if it is overpriced. Nick obviously did his homework and was realistic about the pricing. Good for him and congrats. Don't be jealous of CA. I think our market is actually doing better in most areas.

voodoomedman
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Maybe UPS could get into this business. On second thought, they would be apt to crushing the containers on pick up... :D
Only if they are boolits! :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Congratulations! Best wishes for the new house!

al cole'holic
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
..do I need to find you a new home TCD?? :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-06-2007, 09:30 PM
..do I need to find you a new home TCD?? :D
TCN's have found a lovely home.......do you have something in mind?

al cole'holic
04-06-2007, 09:34 PM
TCN's have found a lovely home.......do you have something in mind?
..I said TCD :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
..I said TCD :D
Pardon me.

al cole'holic
04-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Pardon me.
..what about your Havasu house with snowbirds :idea:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
..what about your Havasu house with snowbirds :idea:
Still FOR SALE...interested?? Thanks for asking.

al cole'holic
04-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Whoa, now you're not throwing in the snowbirds?? I'm out...

lewiville
04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
RD
PM his number. He should be advertising with me. Im an associate publisher for Orange County Living

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Whoa, now you're not throwing in the snowbirds?? I'm out...
The snow birds have flown the coup for the season and plan on returning next season. Havasu here we come........

TCN
06-18-2007, 08:21 AM
After months of waiting we have finally closed escrow on our new home. A few words of advice to anyone buying a short sale home. BE PATIENT and BE READY TO WAIT then HURRY, HURRY, HURRY when the lender decides they are ready to sell. The house is great and we are really excited to move in but I have about a million new grey hairs and none of them have filled in where they old dark hair was falling out. Pictures will follow soon.

wsuwrhr
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm jealous.
times 2

BajaMike
06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
After months of waiting we have finally closed escrow on our new home. A few words of advice to anyone buying a short sale home. BE PATIENT and BE READY TO WAIT then HURRY, HURRY, HURRY when the lender decides they are ready to sell. The house is great and we are really excited to move in but I have about a million new grey hairs and none of them have filled in where they old dark hair was falling out. Pictures will follow soon.
I'm assuming you got a good deal on the house....how did you find it?:confused:

Wmc
06-18-2007, 08:35 AM
We used a similar service. It was a great deal. They brought them to the house, we loaded them and they picked them up and stored them on their facility for 4 months while our house was being built. Minor damage to a few things, but again we were the ones doing the packing. I'm sure it was the jolt of loading and unloading the container. Good Luck.

River918
06-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Glad it worked out for you Nick. You having any second thoughts on selling the boat? :idea: :idea:

Caribbean Jet
06-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I've used Mobil Mini twice. They used hard sided shipping containers.

TCN
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm assuming you got a good deal on the house....how did you find it?:confused:
Driving around neighborhoods.

TCN
06-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad it worked out for you Nick. You having any second thoughts on selling the boat? :idea: :idea:
Not a chance. We are finally headed back to the river Sat-Wed because Haileigh is out of school. Lots of trips planned in July and August. Are you still looking or have you found a new boat?

TCN
06-18-2007, 09:26 AM
We used a similar service. It was a great deal. They brought them to the house, we loaded them and they picked them up and stored them on their facility for 4 months while our house was being built. Minor damage to a few things, but again we were the ones doing the packing. I'm sure it was the jolt of loading and unloading the container. Good Luck.
The pods get delivered next week when we get home from the river so it will be interesting to see how everything looks in there. I hope nothing is broke because I am out of money.