PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filling problems

NashvilleBound
04-05-2002, 05:57 PM
When I am fueling I always get gas coming out of the air vent (just below the fuel fill). Slow, fast it doesnt matter. Would putting a larger diameter line inbetween the vent and tank help absorbing fuel/fumes? And/or piviting the vent pickup around by the tank.
Its very frustrating.... Actually its downright pissing me off!

pgf127rt
04-05-2002, 06:14 PM
NB, I had that problem with my Jet Boat and the problem was the vent hose made a turn which put it lower than the top of the tank and gas would accumulate in the line stopping the venting of the air and cause it to spit gas and making it impossible to fill the tank without a mess and a smell, I raised the vent line by taking the slack out and this solved that problem, hope this help's cause that is a pain in the "boat", and dangerious also.

NashvilleBound
04-05-2002, 06:33 PM
The tank is about 12-18" lower than the vent...I think I will try a larger, longer line to bring it up higher in the middle. Thanks for the advice...

HAVASANGER
04-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Sounds like you have an "S" curve in the vent line, that acts like a trap under a sink. The gas collects in the bottom of the curve, then the air pushes it out when you're filling. Straighten the vent line out, to eliminate this curve.