PDA

View Full Version : blower and injection Qs

smokinjoe
04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a bbc with 871 and the 4 holer hillborn that has been running great for 4 years now then started idleing bad. it will idle for a minit then slowly drop till it dies or you throttle it up. im running on alky and think my pump might be going out is there a way to bench test the pump ? i took it apart and the housing has some small pitts in it but not alot of them. does it need to be perfectly smooth? I dont flush it after i use it and im told that this is not good for it. any ideas ? thanks!

GofastRacer
04-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Sounds like the pump?, they say not to take the pump apart, but if there are pits it could be a bad sign, I would send it in and get it checked, I had the same symptoms with my stacks one time and it was the pump, pressure was going away!.. If you have top lube in the alky, leaving sit shouldn't hurt it!..

Fiat48
04-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Check all the poppets and other areas for any "sugar" build up. Make sure system is clean. Check fuel lines that a flapper has not developed. You don't find anything I would send the pump in and have it checked for sure. Also when you pull the pump off....check the hex drive and be sure it is not rounding the edges of the hex and can possibly slip.

smokinjoe
04-07-2007, 09:05 PM
problem solved. I have run this for 4 years and every year i check the filter and it has never had a spec of dirt in it. I opened it up today and it was almost plugged solid with bugs and a bunch of plastic ? dont know where it came from but my bad i should have checked it first thing just assumed it was good from past history.

Fiat48
04-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Glad you found it. Was smart to find it now rather than a lean out situation on the other end.