PDA

View Full Version : Losing a Friend

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
It's not so good here, I today lost a derrick hand that had been on my rig for 10 years and a roughneck that was new to my rig. They had been putting in new plasma lights and were drinking and decided to go see what they looked like just after midnight, I get to go to a funeral now. Either one was wearing a seatbelt and they hit an a approach at a high speed and both were ejected from the SUV and died on the scene.
I have been having a hard time with this since I have worked with Shane for over 10 years and realized today, I seen him more than my wife everyday cause of the work thing. I really can't beleive they are both gone, we did a job on a well just yesterday. Shane had 2 kids Gage and McKenzey ( wife Tracy )Shane was 30, Curtis (the driver) was 20 .
I really don't know why I am putting this up, I just don't have a clue about life right now and can't believe that people can be takin away from you that fast.Now I have no crew for work, a funeral to go to and to see kids with no father in there lifes. Mother that will struggle with no father in the picture. I really can't believe this has happened.
I have bawled so much today, I feel like a newborn baby! My girls don't even know what to do, but sit beside me and hug me. They knew Shane well also and find it hard to believe he is GONE !I have come to see that life is short to some, why is that? I don't know why and can't think even why it is!
I am mad and sad at the same time, how can that be? I am really ****ed up right now and needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening....

Jetboatguru
04-06-2007, 06:11 PM
It's not so good here, I today lost a derrick hand that had been on my rig for 10 years and a roughneck that was new to my rig. They had been putting in new plasma lights and were drinking and decided to go see what they looked like just after midnight, I get to go to a funeral now. Either one was wearing a seatbelt and they hit an a approach at a high speed and both were ejected from the SUV and died on the scene.
I have been having a hard time with this since I have worked with Shane for over 10 years and realized today, I seen him more than my wife everyday cause of the work thing. I really can't beleive they are both gone, we did a job on a well just yesterday. Shane had 2 kids Gage and McKenzey ( wife Tracy )Shane was 30, Curtis (the driver) was 20 .
I really don't know why I am putting this up, I just don't have a clue about life right now and can't believe that people can be takin away from you that fast.Now I have no crew for work, a funeral to go to and to see kids with no father in there lifes. Mother that will struggle with no father in the picture. I really can't believe this has happened.
I have bawled so much today, I feel like a newborn baby! My girls don't even know what to do, but sit beside me and hug me. They knew Shane well also and find it hard to believe he is GONE !I have come to see that life is short to some, why is that? I don't know why and can't think even why it is!
I am mad and sad at the same time, how can that be? I am really ****ed up right now and needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening....
Sorry to hear this Kim. :(

rrrr
04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
That's rough, Kim. Losing two at once......working rigs is damn dangerous, I know you and the others joke about stuff but there are so many ways to get hurt or killed.....
Last week a kid that was captain of the football team at my son's HS during their senior year (2001) was killed in a rig accident.....he was 23.
I hope you will find some peace......it's tough when the elephant is sitting on your chest.
Take care of yourself.

Tom Brown
04-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Sorry, Kim. Hang in there buddy. :(

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear this Kim. :(
How would you deal with htis, I don't have a clue and am doing to lose it on someone . :( :( ...........( . )( . )..........

lucky
04-06-2007, 06:58 PM
sorry to hear , my brother ! fockin been a bad month on h/b friends,family,and your pets - tell them all you love them - then just drink heavy and get the shit out - you will feel better - will be think ing about you man :(

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
That's rough, Kim. Losing two at once......working rigs is damn dangerous, I know you and the others joke about stuff but there are so many ways to get hurt or killed.....
Last week a kid that was captain of the football team at my son's HS during their senior year (2001) was killed in a rig accident.....he was 23.
I hope you will find some peace......it's tough when the elephant is sitting on your chest.
Take care of yourself.
I know they are dangerous, if you make them that! I set an example and don't drink on the way home ( which is 1.5 hrs ). Last day of work they even bought me beer for the ride home and when Curis asked if I wanted one..I said NO! I look at the same shit everyday to and from work, beer will not make it any different to me.
Dusty, he worked for me 3 years ago died in a stupid accident when he went to work for a flush by company and died playing around with cats( Caterpillars )another stupid accident! He died at 20 years old :(
.......( . )( . )............

beerjet
04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss . Two at once is even worse I imagine. Vent , talk about it , bawl , do what YOU have to do . Everyone deals with it diffrently and we'll be here for ya with an ear and a shoulder . my best goes out to all of you .
-beerjet-

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Sorry, Kim. Hang in there buddy. :(
I am trying Tom, it's just not working so good right now! Thanks for listening buddy..........( . )( . ).........:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
sorry to hear , my brother ! fockin been a bad month on h/b friends,family,and your pets - tell them all you love them - then just drink heavy and get the shit out - you will feel better - will be think ing about you man :(
I got drunk, went to sleep and woke up and this shit really happened :( :( Had Aleasha call me to see if I was alright! What is alright? I feel like shit right now..can't talk to people on the phone cause i start to cry like a baby...I am a basket case right now........( . )( . ).........why is this happening to me?

Biglue
04-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your friends Kim. All you can really do is accept the fact that thay are gone good buddy. Once you do that, filling the void they left behind gets easier as time goes by. In the mean time do what you have to get all that angst out of your system. Surround yourself with your family, helped me out in this situation. Good luck man. Blessings for the departed and their families.

Tom Brown
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Just do your best, Kim. You are among friends.

460 jus getn it
04-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Kim, sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family of the departed.

sanger rat
04-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry for your loss Kim.:( It's going to take some time to heal so hang in there.

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your friends Kim. All you can really do is accept the fact that thay are gone good buddy. Once you do that, filling the void they left behind gets easier as time goes by. In the mean time do what you have to get all that angst out of your system. Surround yourself with your family, helped me out in this situation. Good luck man. Blessings for the departed and their families.
I can't he was like a 360 to what I am, and loved it..RedGreen shit! Here I sit drinking away cause I don't know what to do, can't talk to the wife cause I just bawl ( Marcy did it ). I am starting to think, life is short..so go full bore into it and enjoy it while you can!.............( . )( . )............

Forkin' Crazy
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Sorry brother. I have felt your pain before. And it is very tough, but you will work your way through it. It won't be easy. Fall back on friends and family, and if I can do anything, let me know. You and their families have my prayers.:(

sleekcrafter
04-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Stay strong and they will be with you, thru this time of sadness.

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Just do your best, Kim. You are among friends.
I know Tom, thats why I put this in here. I need to talk about his shit, it is driving me crazy.......( . )( . )...........:(

Jetboatguru
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
How would you deal with htis, I don't have a clue and am doing to lose it on someone . :( :( ...........( . )( . )..........
Sounds harsh Kim but I would be looking at my family and thanking my lucky stars it is not us.
Hang in there.

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry brother. I have felt your pain before. And it is very tough, but you will work your way through it. It won't be easy. Fall back on friends and family, and if I can do anything, let me know. You and their families have my prayers.:(
I am at the point of " I don't ****ing know ", this is weird shit happening around me! I try to do everything right..to set an example...I guess that shit don't work....( . )( . )........:( :(

KreatinKaos
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Kim ... I don't deal well with death either :(

460 jus getn it
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Keep you head up kim.

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Stay strong and they will be with you, thru this time of sadness.
How can you do it with a box of Kleenex in front of you? I can deal with alot of stuff, this is just to much............( . )( . )............:( :( This isn't sadness either, this is more like ripp your heart out and stomp it shit :idea: :(

460 jus getn it
04-06-2007, 08:30 PM
How can you do it with a box of Kleenex in front of you? I can deal with alot of stuff, this is just to much............( . )( . )............:( :( This isn't sadness either, this is more like ripp your heart out and stomp it shit :idea: :(
Kim i hear you man, i dont deal with death well at all. Time heals all wounds man, just hug your wife and kids and say a prayer.

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Sounds harsh Kim but I would be looking at my family and thanking my lucky stars it is not us.
Hang in there.
Talking to you guys is helping...I stopped bawling when I think of what has happened............( . )( . )........:(

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Kim ... I don't deal well with death either :(
I know it can happen at any second on the rig, this is just a stupid thing that happened, I am not in control and that bothers me..........I lost control :( .........( . )( . )............

Kim Hanson
04-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Keep you head up kim.
I am trying..........imagine 10 years with a worker...spending close to 12 hrs. a day with this person...My mind just can't come to grips that he is gone with my other roughneck! This is just crazy, I wish this nightmare would just go away and after a nap...it is still here :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I am losing it!.......( . )( . )...............

steve d
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Hang in there kim. lost my mom after 59 yrs two weeks ago ....I'm still not
right. Just try to keep busy. My thoughts are with you...Steve

460 jus getn it
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I am trying..........imagine 10 years with a worker...spending close to 12 hrs. a day with this person...My mind just can't come to grips that he is gone with my other roughneck! This is just crazy, I wish this nightmare would just go away and after a nap...it is still here :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I am losing it!.......( . )( . )...............
Bro, i know its hard. Just thank the lord for every day your still here and love and cherrish your family.

Forkin' Crazy
04-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Try to think of the good times Kim. I bet that is how they would want you to remember. You are lucky and are still kickin'. Time my brother, give it some time.:(

Rexone
04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
So sorry to hear this Kim. :(
I've lost a couple close friends and it hurts deep. You are not going crazy, you're just normal (God I can't believe I just said that) ;) Cry like a baby, sometimes it helps... yes really.
Hang in, keep occupied, most importantly don't blame yourself for what happened. The old saying you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink holds true too many times. People do stupid stuff. Some will absorb your example but some just won't. Just the way life is buddy. Remember the good times. Time will soften the blow some but you really never completely recover from losing people that are close. Unfortunately it's part of life if you're fortunate enough to outlive your buddys.
Death is something that's been very hard for me to deal with too... you're not alone buddy. Call me if you need someone to talk to. If not that's ok too. I'll PM you my cell #.

4trax
04-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Very sorry for the loss of a good friends,husband and Dad. What your going thru is normal. Like 460 said [ Just thank the lord for every day your still here and love and cherrish your family.]

Marlin455
04-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Kim- I feel your pain- lost my best friend of 25 yrs almost three years ago, and still think of him every day. It still hurts, but it warms my heart when I think of all the crazy, good times we shared over that 25 yrs:) It does get a little easier as time goes by, at least for me- My prayers and condolences go out to thier families, and to you. Stan

dragboat
04-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm sad :( today to here of your tragic loss:( . The pain you feel is unbelievable. Hang in there buddy, you have lots of friends here and tons more in your life because your a good friend to others. We all will help in every way possible. You care deeply about the people in your life and that makes you a great man, but that sure makes it tough to loose a friend.:( The one thing that helped me through a life breaking deal like this is to get busy helping the friends family. Its all your going to be able to think about for a while. I quietly did the things they just could not. Shane is still your friend and he still needs you , and his family needs you. By doing that, it helped me, slowly, to get a feeling of control in what was left of my life. I'm so sorry Kim, hang in there.

rrrr
04-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Kim, just wanted to check in this morning and leave a note......I know you still have an ugly open wound to deal with, only the passage of time will help that.
I hope the day will come soon that you begin to recall only the friendship and good times, and the feelings of loss and bereavement lessen.

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Kim- I feel your pain- lost my best friend of 25 yrs almost three years ago, and still think of him every day. It still hurts, but it warms my heart when I think of all the crazy, good times we shared over that 25 yrs:) It does get a little easier as time goes by, at least for me- My prayers and condolences go out to thier families, and to you. Stan
I was just thinking about the first time I asked him to come along with me and my wife Marcy golfing. We were at the 7th hole tee off and Marcy had just hit her ball and sat down on a bench just off to our right and Shane got up and hit his ball. His clubs needed grips bad and it flew down the fairway about 20yds and we heard a ompff, looked over at Marcy and she was holding her chest . The club flew farther than the ball and Marcy had dimples on her cheast for the rest of that game.....I miss him alot........( . )( . ).....:(

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm sad :( today to here of your tragic loss:( . The pain you feel is unbelievable. Hang in there buddy, you have lots of friends here and tons more in your life because your a good friend to others. We all will help in every way possible. You care deeply about the people in your life and that makes you a great man, but that sure makes it tough to loose a friend.:( The one thing that helped me through a life breaking deal like this is to get busy helping the friends family. Its all your going to be able to think about for a while. I quietly did the things they just could not. Shane is still your friend and he still needs you , and his family needs you. By doing that, it helped me, slowly, to get a feeling of control in what was left of my life. I'm so sorry Kim, hang in there.
On my rig he was the other cog that kept the wheels turning, I had trained him well and we ran a tight ship. I have had the pleasure to sit with him in the summer and drink beer and talk about life! Then he got married to Tracy and had kids, things were going really well for him.Then he does something stupid like get in a SUV with my other roughneck that can't drive shit and not wear a seat belt and DRINK also:( I tried to talk to his wife and I just start crying, I feel so useless right now. It has to get better soon, but I see it can't work is on Monday and I have me and Colin to run a rig!
He looked at my boats all the time and asked some questions about them, he was going to pick up his first boat in May :( it was just a small fishing boat, but he had the bug installed. Now he won't get to see what owning a boat is all about.:( :( ..........( . )( . ).......

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Kim, just wanted to check in this morning and leave a note......I know you still have an ugly open wound to deal with, only the passage of time will help that.
I hope the day will come soon that you begin to recall only the friendship and good times, and the feelings of loss and bereavement lessen.
I still can't believe he is gone, Monday morning when I get picked up for work and 1/2 my crew is gone isn't going to be nice :( :( I would love to hit the water right now, ****ing ice piss me off :mad:
I have never been mad and sad at the same time, it really is confusing! I want to hurt someone or something and I can hardly see my keyboard cause I keep crying like a 2 year old:( I don't like this feeling at all and wish it would just go away, but it has just started to get worse! Funerals are next:(
I wish this nightmare would just end........( . )( . ).........:( :( :(

racecar.hotshoe
04-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Sry for your loss Kim.Everybody handles these things differently some cry some don't.But it all hurts.Time is a great healer for those in pain.I tell my wife and kids I love them every time I or they leave cause you just never know.Think of the good times it makes it a bit easier to handle.Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.Mark

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Sry for your loss Kim.Everybody handles these things differently some cry some don't.But it all hurts.Time is a great healer for those in pain.I tell my wife and kids I love them every time I or they leave cause you just never know.Think of the good times it makes it a bit easier to handle.Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.Mark
My eyes hurt right now from bawling, this is not me and I hate it! I have lost all control and hate it, why does shit happen around me like this? I should be the one dead with all the crap I do and I am allowed to live! The question I keep asking myself is WHY ! WHY was he out on a country road? WHY didn't he not have on a seat belt? WHY didn't he listen to his wife and stay home? WHY didn't he just think of his kids?
Next week is going to be bad, funeral etc. I really don't know how I will deal with this:( :( I have too, I just right now can't think right........( . )( . )......

hoolign
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I am at the point of " I don't ****ing know ", this is weird shit happening around me! I try to do everything right..to set an example...I guess that shit don't work....( . )( . )........:( :(
Yo Kim! It's definitley a shit deal for you guys and their families. last thing you need to do is think that you setting an example had anything to do with it! You know the kind of dangers we face everysingle day in this buisness..and you should be proud of yourself for the fact that 'this didnt happen at work! you taught em right that way, and how could you tell em how to act after work?? we're rig pigs..not so smart at times! :D Theres a right way to do this job and wrong way, unfortunatley the majority of rig pigs rely on luck and not common sence.
Focus on the good times ya had with them and it'll get easier everyday! '
I'm workin in BC right now but I'll give ya a shout and PM ya my sattelite number!
taker eazy kim.
J

Biglue
04-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey Kim, just thinking of your situation this AM. Thought about giving you a few words of encouragement, but most people here have said about what I had to share. This stuff is never easy and only time can help you cope. Wish there was more I could do for you Kim. Keep your chin up friend. You can't let these unfortunate and untimely deaths affect your mental and physical health. God Bless.

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Yo Kim! It's definitley a shit deal for you guys and their families. last thing you need to do is think that you setting an example had anything to do with it! You know the kind of dangers we face everysingle day in this buisness..and you should be proud of yourself for the fact that 'this didnt happen at work! you taught em right that way, and how could you tell em how to act after work?? we're rig pigs..not so smart at times! :D Theres a right way to do this job and wrong way, unfortunatley the majority of rig pigs rely on luck and not common sence.
Focus on the good times ya had with them and it'll get easier everyday! '
I'm workin in BC right now but I'll give ya a shout and PM ya my sattelite number!
taker eazy kim.
J
It was good hearing from you today, sorry I couldn't carry on a conversation with you. It just hurts alot and thinking about it just make it worse!
I am thinking about June though......party hard........it's going to be great I can tell....I will be there :D :D
Mike called me also today, you two I am glad to call friends...thanks for being here for me. I owe you both alot........( . )( . )..........

photo chick
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Kim, I have been very fortunate to never have lost a friend. I can't imagine the feeling. We're all here to listen, hang in there buddy!

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey Kim, just thinking of your situation this AM. Thought about giving you a few words of encouragement, but most people here have said about what I had to share. This stuff is never easy and only time can help you cope. Wish there was more I could do for you Kim. Keep your chin up friend. You can't let these unfortunate and untimely deaths affect your mental and physical health. God Bless.
Luey, thanks for the words...but I am strong and will get through this, it's just the heart ache that is still killing me! I can't come to grips that they are both gone and my crew is gone. These kids are fatherless right now and probably don't know it yet :( :(
I am just sitting here having a beer and thinking about life, it is short for some...WHY though? I live life like the next day isn't going to come again, if I slow down will I die? I get to go a funeral next week and all my tears are gone for christ sakes, my eyes hurt right now!
I feel scared, alone and don't know what to do! .......( . )( . )....:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Kim, I have been very fortunate to never have lost a friend. I can't imagine the feeling. We're all here to listen, hang in there buddy!
I woke up today and thought things would be different :mad: nothing has changed! I have found that I hate the WHY word, it's like would if shit :( I feel more comfortable talking here than to one I should be talking too! I just cry though, so how do I do it?
The funeral is not going to be good, i will be a puddle :( How can you be there for someone when you are DONE? I hate April ......( . )( . )......:( :(

photo chick
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I totally understand the WHY question...I lost my dad at a very young age, no one has ever been able to answer that question for me...
Hang in there Kim, like Dragboat said, emerse yourself in their families and help them, it will make you feel good as well as probably comfort them.

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 07:47 AM
I totally understand the WHY question...I lost my dad at a very young age, no one has ever been able to answer that question for me...
Hang in there Kim, like Dragboat said, emerse yourself in their families and help them, it will make you feel good as well as probably comfort them.
Right now, I think only time will help me out. Going to work isn't going to be good either........( . )( . )........:( :( Yippy I can't wait for that to hit home:( :(

MikeF
04-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't like it when people that you are close to........die, but it is a fact of life and it will happen again.
I'd be of the opinion that you need to find something constructive to do to keep your mind working and focused on something other than the why question (that there is no answer for) and move forward as you have so many times before.
Grieve, and then move on. Sounds cold but it is the only way to live.
I am not looking forward to any deaths in the family/friends, but I know they are inevitable.
Keep the ship as right as possible. You are the captain!
Sorry for the losses.:(

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't like it when people that you are close to........die, but it is a fact of life and it will happen again.
I'd be of the opinion that you need to find something constructive to do to keep your mind working and focused on something other than the why question (that there is no answer for) and move forward as you have so many times before.
Grieve, and then move on. Sounds cold but it is the only way to live.
I am not looking forward to any deaths in the family/friends, but I know they are inevitable.
Keep the ship as right as possible. You are the captain!
Sorry for the losses.:(
I know I have to move on and think of other things , like a lowrider van...I have been a baby long enough ( I think ) It's time to spend some cash and get happening on another project :)
Thanks all for listening to my crying ass pussy shit,I just didn't know what else to do and this is way easier talking on the net to people.
I knew I stay on here for a reason, you are excellent people and am proud to be a part of this site, even if is in Bench Racers :D ;) .........( . )( . ).....

dragboat
04-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I know I have to move on and think of other things , like a lowrider van...I have been a baby long enough ( I think ) It's time to spend some cash and get happening on another project :)
Thanks all for listening to my crying ass pussy shit,I just didn't know what else to do and this is way easier talking on the net to people.
I knew I stay on here for a reason, you are excellent people and am proud to be a part of this site, even if is in Bench Racers :D ;) .........( . )( . ).....
You're not not just a part of this great place, YOU'RE THE KING !!!!:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 08:54 AM
You're not not just a part of this great place, YOU'RE THE KING !!!!:D :D :D :rolleyes:
King Blubber maybe, I have went down deep in my heart to see that i could be next and that freaked me out...I need some beer right now to get rid of those nasty thoughts :D :D I AM GETTING TOTALLY WASTED TODAY, I have nothing else to do:( ..........thanks dragboat......( . )( . )..........;)
I am moving on till the funeral, then I will be a baby again ...I can just see it:(

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 09:23 AM
pussy.......
Biotch..........( . )( . )............:D :D

EAZYKILLER2006
04-08-2007, 09:31 AM
kimmy
i feel so sooorry for your loss...i know words cant describe how you must feel...sometimes friends, can be closer to us... than family, and when there is a loss
OF that special friend, we feel sooo terrible...
keep strong, and know that you have special friends thinking of you ...in your time of grief....

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 09:52 AM
kimmy
i feel so sooorry for your loss...i know words cant describe how you must feel...sometimes friends, can be closer to us... than family, and when there is a loss
OF that special friend, we feel sooo terrible...
keep strong, and know that you have special friends thinking of you ...in your time of grief....
Thanks, but I had to get my shit together. I was tired of bawling and my eyes hurt too much to even see to post. I had to quit being a baby and see what else life has to throw at me........( . )( . ).........This is were I thought my enemies were :confused: ya know keep your enemies closer!
Ohhhhhhhhh great, I don't have no enemies? Now what do I for entertainment :D :D

jdf
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
sorry to her this happen to you kim ,

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
sorry to her this happen to you kim ,
Me also, I just talked to his wife and it wasn't good. I have found I am not strong through this stuff, funeral is thurday :( :( I hate this feeling right now and have started to think about my wife & kids alot, I would die if something happened to them......( . )( . ).....This is the worst roller coaster ride I have ever been on!:( :(

BUSHWACKER
04-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Kim, that is a very hard hit you, and all involved just took, as you know time heals and that is a very large wound.
In 01 I lost my best male buddy, on Monday, my best girlfriend and lover that Friday. We all have lost friends and family and we must go on, when we are ready. Your time will come.
Best wishes getting thru this week.
Hurry back and torment someone :idea: no not ME!
BUSHWACKER

hoolign
04-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks, but I had to get my shit together. I was tired of bawling and my eyes hurt too much to even see to post. I had to quit being a baby and see what else life has to throw at me........( . )( . ).........This is were I thought my enemies were :confused: ya know keep your enemies closer!
Ohhhhhhhhh great, I don't have no enemies? Now what do I for entertainment :D :D
Thanks, but I had to get my shit together. this my friend..is likely the wrong thing to post in BR..ya know someone is gonna offer to help you with that!
I was tired of bawling and my eyes hurt too much to even see to post. I had to quit
did you check to see if Marcie lost a sewing needle in the computer chair?? That could make anyone bawl uncontrolably!
I had to quit being a baby
at 44 years old?? give it some more time!
:D :D

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Kim, that is a very hard hit you, and all involved just took, as you know time heals and that is a very large wound.
In 01 I lost my best male buddy, on Monday, my best girlfriend and lover that Friday. We all have lost friends and family and we must go on, when we are ready. Your time will come.
Best wishes getting thru this week.
Hurry back and torment someone :idea: no not ME!
BUSHWACKER
How about pm me your # buddy, I have tried to find it and I can't........( . )( . ).......:idea:

Kim Hanson
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
this my friend..is likely the wrong thing to post in BR..ya know someone is gonna offer to help you with that!
did you check to see if Marcie lost a sewing needle in the computer chair?? That could make anyone bawl uncontrolably!
at 44 years old?? give it some more time!
:D :D
When I see you in June I will kick you in the junk focker, then I will see you cry...........( . )( . )..........:D :D

BUSHWACKER
04-09-2007, 12:28 AM
How about pm me your # buddy, I have tried to find it and I can't........( . )( . ).......:idea:
Butt please, don't call me collect from your gay lovers house like last time :D It may not be till next year that I can afford boat gas, petrol, for you foreignerz after the last call! :eek:
I just noticed "thin ice walker" round cher we call it "twinkle toz" is that what y'all is sayin?? Don't answer that one!

Kim Hanson
04-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Butt please, don't call me collect from your gay lovers house like last time :D It may not be till next year that I can afford boat gas, petrol, for you foreignerz after the last call! :eek:
I just noticed "thin ice walker" round cher we call it "twinkle toz" is that what y'all is sayin?? Don't answer that one!
I like to be on the verge of getting the boot, just not booted off the site :idea: ..........( . )( . )............

Kim Hanson
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
To all who have replied to Kim and who have called our house, I really appreciate your concern and I'm deeply touched to those that that I don't know. Thank you Marcy,Aleasha,Amanda and Jenna

Kim Hanson
04-09-2007, 10:08 PM
That last one was my wife, with my kids..........( . )( . ).............:D :D

Tom Brown
04-10-2007, 12:24 AM
To all who have replied to Kim and who have called our house, I really appreciate your concern and I'm deeply touched to those that that I don't know. Thank you Marcy,Aleasha,Amanda and Jenna
Hi Marcy. :)
Hi girls. :)

photo chick
04-10-2007, 05:37 AM
It's a new day Kimmy how'ya doing?

TAF
04-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Lets see some fur fly!!!!! Or in Lucky's case, the wool!:eek: :jawdrop: :sqeyes:
Have a great day,
Rob

Kim Hanson
04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
It's a new day Kimmy how'ya doing?
Pretty good, I am suppose to go see his his wife Wednesday and I don't think that is going to happen! Shit I can't even talk to her on the phone, she made me an honorary pall bear..she didn't think I would do good carrying Shane out the doors :( :( Thursday isn't going to be good..........( . )( . )........:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Lets see some fur fly!!!!! Or in Lucky's case, the wool!:eek: :jawdrop: :sqeyes:
Have a great day,
Rob
I will once some of my stuff comes in the mail for my trucks..........( . )( . )......I am waitng on 30 objects right now and still more to buy :D :D

IMPATIENT 1
04-10-2007, 07:40 AM
sorry for your loss bro:( i lost a friend here at work, he had a heart attack and died in my arms, took awhile to get my mind offa it.

Biglue
04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Glad you're feeling better Kimmy. Think of it this way buddy. Your friends see all these shinanigans from above. I'm sure you touched their hearts and brought a smile to their faces. Sappy I know, but knowing that always helps. ;)

Kim Hanson
04-10-2007, 07:47 AM
sorry for your loss bro:( i lost a friend here at work, he had a heart attack and died in my arms, took awhile to get my mind offa it.
I have found that you think it is all good and then something will just trigger it off and then you just stare off into space and think about him........( . )( . ).......:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Glad you're feeling better Kimmy. Think of it this way buddy. Your friends see all these shinanigans from above. I'm sure you touched their hearts and brought a smile to their faces. Sappy I know, but knowing that always helps. ;)
We can hope Luey..........( . )( . )............;)

Bow Tie Omega
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Kim, that sucks......Loosing people you care about blows. Take some time out for yourself and get your head on straight. Hang in there, and do not let it beat you down..........BTO

dragboat
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
When I was younger, my grandmother who was the world to me was about to go, and be with my grandfather. She knew it and she knew that I just realized it. She looked at me and said: Don't be afraid, its not so far, I can still watch over you, I can pull strings for you. then she chuckled and smiled a big warm smile. A smile I will always remember and keep with me. That helped me deal with the devastating loss. Ten years later when her estate was settled my parents split the proceeds between us kids. My wife and I put the money down on our first home, I SWEAR I could hear her giggling. That was twenty years ago, and she's still pulling strings for me today. Our daughter looks just like her at that age....With the same big warm smile.:D

Kim Hanson
04-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Kim, that sucks......Loosing people you care about blows. Take some time out for yourself and get your head on straight. Hang in there, and do not let it beat you down..........BTO
Tomrrow is the funeral :( :( after that I think everything will be good,BTO..........( . )( . )............

Kim Hanson
04-11-2007, 05:22 AM
When I was younger, my grandmother who was the world to me was about to go, and be with my grandfather. She knew it and she knew that I just realized it. She looked at me and said: Don't be afraid, its not so far, I can still watch over you, I can pull strings for you. then she chuckled and smiled a big warm smile. A smile I will always remember and keep with me. That helped me deal with the devastating loss. Ten years later when her estate was settled my parents split the proceeds between us kids. My wife and I put the money down on our first home, I SWEAR I could hear her giggling. That was twenty years ago, and she's still pulling strings for me today. Our daughter looks just like her at that age....With the same big warm smile.:D
You pulled through good, so I can do the same.........( . )( . )........Nice story by the way:)

photo chick
04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
What a nice story Dragboat, I love reading your stuff!!! My Grandpa is my gaurdian angel. I believe he and my Dad are the gaurdians that allow me to have such an amazing life! I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe......I attribute my luckiness to them:)
Kimmy your buddies will always be up there looking out for you, including on Thursday!

Kim Hanson
04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
What a nice story Dragboat, I love reading your stuff!!! My Grandpa is my gaurdian angel. I believe he and my Dad are the gaurdians that allow me to have such an amazing life! I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe......I attribute my luckiness to them:)
Kimmy your buddies will always be up there looking out for you, including on Thursday!
I hope so girl, 2 years ago I lost a good roughneck in a bad accident..he was squished screwing around with a catipiller( heavy equipment ) and I have to say..I was a puddle and sitting right up front in the first row for all to see me cry like a baby:( , ya know what? I don't really care, I have to let it out or I think it is going to make me lose it :idea: ;) ..( . )( . )........thanks

dragboat
04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
I hope so girl, 2 years ago I lost a good roughneck in a bad accident..he was squished screwing around with a catipiller( heavy equipment ) and I have to say..I was a puddle and sitting right up front in the first row for all to see me cry like a baby:( , ya know what? I don't really care, I have to let it out or I think it is going to make me lose it :idea: ;) ..( . )( . )........thanks
Be yourself. You'll never have to apologize to the family for feeling grief at a funeral. They understand completely and will see the respect and feel the support of having true friends there.

Kim Hanson
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Be yourself. You'll never have to apologize to the family for feeling grief at a funeral. They understand completely and will see the respect and feel the support of having true friends there.
I was just at this one last month, very young girl that we knew..Cocaine over dose :( We called her Bree, great kid, rich parents..just seems crazy whats going on around me........( . )( . )..............:( 1981-2007 is too young to die.......:( I think why Shanes death feels the same way ! :( :( STUPID SHIT !:mad: :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28463&stc=1&d=1176317684

Emanon Performance Marine
04-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Kim if you need to talk you know I am always here for you, all you have to do is call. I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I just have not known what to say or write so I did nothing. You have always been here and half the time I have no idea what you are saying, but this time it all made perfect sense, now that to me is scary ! I will be on the road tomorrow so you can call anytime. You know the #, if not look down(my signature).
Hang tough
Jim

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Kim if you need to talk you know I am always here for you, all you have to do is call. I have been watching this thread from the beginning and I just have not known what to say or write so I did nothing. You have always been here and half the time I have no idea what you are saying, but this time it all made perfect sense, now that to me is scary ! I will be on the road tomorrow so you can call anytime. You know the #, if not look down(my signature).
Hang tough
Jim
Funeral is in 2 hours, so I have to get ready and try to get my shit together right now Jim and you be careful on the road okay! ...........( . )( . ).........:idea:

OKIE-JET
04-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Good luck to ya man, I know how your feelin'. Burried my friend of 23 yrs. just two months ago. Time helps.:)

Flyinbowtie
04-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I just read this thread, the hurt on your heart is plain to see, Kim.
I dealt with death regularly in my time as a cop.
When I was a rookie, working an accident scene where a mother and her 4 year old son were killed, an old-timer told me something I never forgot.
"Trying to make sense of something that makes no sense will drive you crazy, trying to understand why good people leave too soon isn't something you can explain either. Don't try".
Mourn their loss, mourn without shame.
Losing close friends or family always reminds me of how little in life we are really in control of. Control is a illusion. Love, children, sharing and treasuring the very best moments of life is our only armor against time.
The loss of your friends is a senseless, unexplainable catastophe that is mulitplied by the pain and suffering endured by those they leave behind.
The obvious depth of the wound you have suffered and your expression of it is a demonstration of your humanity, and it is a good thing.
Hang on to the memories of good times with them, if there is anything to be learned by others as a result of this tragedy, be there to help them learn it, do what you can to help create good out of this, and you do honor to them, and yourself.
Hug your kids.

hoolign
04-12-2007, 09:04 AM
When I was a rookie, working an accident scene where a mother and her 4 year old son were killed, an old-timer told me something I never forgot.
"Trying to make sense of something that makes no sense will drive you crazy, trying to understand why good people leave too soon isn't something you can explain either. Don't try".
Losing close friends or family always reminds me of how little in life we are really in control of. Control is a illusion. Love, children, sharing and treasuring the very best moments of life is our only armor against time.
The loss of your friends is a senseless, unexplainable catastophe that is mulitplied by the pain and suffering endured by those they leave behind.
The obvious depth of the wound you have suffered and your expression of it is a demonstration of your humanity, and it is a good thing.
Hang on to the memories of good times with them, if there is anything to be learned by others as a result of this tragedy, be there to help them learn it, do what you can to help create good out of this, and you do honor to them, and yourself.
Hug your kids.
I never imagined I would post this in bench racers...but.. excellent post!
J.

Emanon Performance Marine
04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Funeral is in 2 hours, so I have to get ready and try to get my shit together right now Jim and you be careful on the road okay! ...........( . )( . ).........:idea:
Always takin it easy.

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Good luck to ya man, I know how your feelin'. Burried my friend of 23 yrs. just two months ago. Time helps.:)
I don't know about that........( . )( . ).sorry to hear about your friend :( :(

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Hug your kids.
I have asked why so much I hate the word even, I did it and even talked to his wife some. Work is never going to be the same........( . )( . )........:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to show you guys my friend :( :( rip my good friend and I will hook up with you again...........( . )( . )............:( :( May the waters where you are now are full of what ever kind of fish you like to catch.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28529&stc=1&d=1176405033

73kona455
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
sorry for your loss Kim.. I know today is a tough day for you...my prayers are with you today..
bill wolfe

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
sorry for your loss Kim.. I know today is a tough day for you...my prayers are with you today..
bill wolfe
I am doing alright as long as I keep busy, thanks and if you had put done Ted Wolfe...I would have died for sure.........( . )( . )...........:( :(

SmokinLowriderSS
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Kim, my sincere condolences on the loss of your friends. :(
Sometimes, all you can do is manage to hang on ONE DAY AT A TIME.
You can manage anything for just today, then, do it again tomorow, but don't concern yourself with tomorow today.

dragboat
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I did it and even talked to his wife some. ........( . )( . )........:( :(
Bettin that was a tough one.:( Good job Kim, we knew you could do it.
Sounds like this loss is affecting many of us, even at the vast distances we are form each other. Sad, Sad deal, It makes you appreciate your family and friends ...even more.

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Kim, my sincere condolences on the loss of your friends. :(
Sometimes, all you can do is manage to hang on ONE DAY AT A TIME.
You can manage anything for just today, then, do it again tomorow, but don't concern yourself with tomorow today.
It hits you everyday brah, little things trigger off shit and you sit and think and then cry, I guess time will heal all wounds! You people are great helping me with this stuff.........( . )( . )........:( :(

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Bettin that was a tough one.:( Good job Kim, we knew you could do it.
Sounds like this loss is affecting many of us, even at the vast distances we are form each other. Sad, Sad deal, It makes you appreciate your family and friends ...even more.
She looked all cool and collective, so I decided to go talk to her and that wasn't good..she then asked me what am I going to do now? How do you tell someone that just lost her spouse and dad to her kids what to do? .......( . )( . )............:confused:

dragboat
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Shes going to need some help and support caring for those munchkins. Does she have family? Her mom and Dad close?

rrrr
04-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I had to put in a long day, so I'm finally checking in......hope you are holding up OK, Kimbo.

BUSHWACKER
04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
But longer for the friends and family as we all know, I'm sure.
Best of luck Kim getting thru these very hard times. Ya gotta do it, and I think we all know it will be hard, but it will happen in time.

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Shes going to need some help and support caring for those munchkins. Does she have family? Her mom and Dad close?
She does have family close, same town! Died died in a weird gun accident along time ago, even before Shane come into her life :( :( They set up a trust account for the kids, that will help her out alot.......( . )( . )............:)

Rexone
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Hope you are doing ok Kim. :)

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
But longer for the friends and family as we all know, I'm sure.
Best of luck Kim getting thru these very hard times. Ya gotta do it, and I think we all know it will be hard, but it will happen in time.
PM me your phone number, sorry lost the last one buddy :) ........( . )( . )........

Kim Hanson
04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Hope you are doing ok Kim. :)
I am doing not so bad Mikey, I have found out shit happens to people! I am an asshole so why is it happening to me :D :D I have moments when it's good for go and sad times when it's grab the TP, the flood gates have opened again.
Mike there are names that come up on here all the time, you though have tolerated me for alot of years now! I have to thank you my friend for not giving me the boot a few times...okay, alot of times! :D
This death thing and all my bawling and shit, just shows people what I am!
I really am not happy right now and you people are helping alot, Marcy is doing her best but it it just isn't the same...confused, yes I am................................................ .................................................. ....................................I am not even making sence for the 2008 hansolater right now..thanks Mike!

BILLY.B
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Have not been in bench racers for sometime and then I read this. Sorry to read about your friends Kim.

Kim Hanson
04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Have not been in bench racers for sometime and then I read this. Sorry to read about your friends Kim.
It's going to be alright Billy, dealing with this going to hard but I have to move on!...........( . )( . )...........:)
Bench Racers is getting boring also :D :D

Phat Matt
04-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I came down to Bench Racers because the Sandbar was a bit boring and I find this thread.
Sorry about your friends Kim. It's never easy, but time will make it easier.
Now I think I'll go back to the Sandbar.

Kim Hanson
04-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I came down to Bench Racers because the Sandbar was a bit boring and I find this thread.
Sorry about your friends Kim. It's never easy, but time will make it easier.
Now I think I'll go back to the Sandbar.
Thanks PM, it was pretty hard yesterday, first day back to work since the accident and no Shane and Curtis :( :( .........( . )( . )................

dragboat
04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
That sucks. Hang in there.

Kim Hanson
04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
That sucks. Hang in there.
Funny thing, my new roughneck is like 5' tall..okay maybe :D :D I called him troll and it stuck..........( . )( . )............:D :D

dragboat
05-04-2007, 07:04 PM
If it fits it sticks.:idea: :idea: :D

Kim Hanson
05-10-2007, 02:18 PM
If it fits it sticks.:idea: :idea: :D
I got a new one :rolleyes: 23 years old and knows everything, went bankrupt already! He drives a little Beretta, he is AC / Troll # 2, shrine circus reject! I sure get to work with some keepers :D :D ............( . )( . )..........His glass's have to be an 1" thick, freaky looking focker ! If we ever get stranded and need a fire he will come in handy with those magnifying glass's :idea: :D :D