PDA

View Full Version : jet boat plumbing question

cole'd one
04-07-2007, 07:10 AM
does anybody have any info on plumbing a jetboat properly with basset headers and a superchiller???

jetboatperformance
04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Several different ways to do this ,is this a new install?
call if you need help Tom:idea:

widowmaker
04-07-2007, 09:16 AM
One option to go is to plumb the intercooler first and then that water is somewhat preheated and then to the motor and out the side of the boat or to the headers.
What I have done on my boats it to put tee off the jet pump and plumb one designated line to the headers and then the other to the motor and out the side of the boat. I always have larger lines going from the motor than going the lines feeding the motor.

BrendellaJet
04-07-2007, 09:30 AM
What specifically are you looking for? Jet boat plumbing in general has been discussed in good detail in a few threads. Not sure, but I bet with the superchiller you can plumb the boat as usual, but run the engine supply water through the chiller first, then into the front of the block.
Since Im getting ready to do my plumbing(new install)Ill tell you how I plan to go:
First, from the pump, Ill run the water through a -10 line into a "T". Ill run a -6 line for my headers into an electric solenoid controlled by an msd window switch(to control water flow), and a -10 line into a 1 inch watts pressure regulator set at 25 lbs. Several of the high HP boats on the boards have been running this regulator for a few years and everyone has good things to say about them. Retail is about 70 bucks.
Out of the regulator Ill run -10 into a "Y" with 2 -8 lines that run to the fromt of the block into the water pump inlets.
2 -8's out of the thermostat and overboard through 2 -8 water dumps.
Atleast thats the plan...

pw_Tony
04-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Here's a simple diagram for the headers. I'm pretty sure blowerdriveservice.com has diagrams for marine application intercooler.
http://i19.tinypic.com/2niog84.jpg

cole'd one
04-07-2007, 08:32 PM
right on, that should get me started on trying to do this right the first time. Ill check the blowerdrive website as well.