PDA

View Full Version : This cold weather sucks

LynnsJet
04-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Last night was a cold night with a dusting of snow. The folks up north got it worse.
The cold has put a damper on my progress with the boat. I can't silicone in my transome adapter in until it warms up.
I was all geared up for Spring until this hit.
How about you guys? Are you making any progress inspite of the weather?

DelawareDave
04-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah it is ridiculous! 75 one day, snow the next! It ain't no fun laying under the dash, trying to wire everything up, with a cold breeze blowing up your shirt!
It is definitely putting a cramp on my progress, too! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I still have to pull the motor again for some clean-up. The pump is not bolted in, or is anything sealed on it yet.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Oilfilter_2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Pump-6.JPG

sanger455
04-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I it is cold in ohio too.
hopefuly this is the last of it be in the 60's thursday

Wet Dream
04-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Snow, sun, snow, sun. Thats all we get today.

CARLSON-JET
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I have to agree on the weather change. I took my boat out 2 weeks ago (new record) and it was almos 80 here in Mchenry which is 40 miles NW of chicago. I had a feeling it might get cold again but thought what the heck. Now I have 2 lights going in the covered engine compartment to stop anything from freezing. I think it is going to snow today and some more this week.. This global warming trend has to stop... :D :D

LynnsJet
04-07-2007, 12:34 PM
This global warming trend has to stop... :D :D
I'm with you on Global Warming. LOL

Xlration Marine
04-07-2007, 01:23 PM
COLD, What in the bloody hell are you talking about? It's bloody 95 degree's in the shade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the bass biting yet?????

Wet Dream
04-08-2007, 05:49 AM
We got slammed last night. It snowed between 5 and 6 inches. Now we have to though the whole process of getting rid of the damn salt off the streets again. :mad:

dragboat
04-08-2007, 06:01 AM
One good thing is that it stayed warm, up to 80+ and then froze hard enough to drop those stupid helicopters off of the five huge maple trees at our place. I will have a lot less work to do cleaning that mess up this year.:D

Wet Dream
04-08-2007, 06:18 AM
One good thing is that it stayed warm, up to 80+ and then froze hard enough to drop those stupid helicopters off of the five huge maple trees at our place. I will have a lot less work to do cleaning that mess up this year.:D
How entertaining were those when we were kids? Find one, and try to guess where its going to land. :D

Rayhill
04-08-2007, 06:28 AM
In Tennessee we call it "Dogwood Winter". Guess cause the Dogwood trees are blooming. Hot last weekend. Freezing this weekend. Cover all the plants!!!

sanger455
04-08-2007, 06:54 AM
My brother stopped by my place in grimsly tenn. and called me
and said yur grass needs cut. wat about a guy that checks onthe pace
and did not cut the grass?
he said the dogwood ,chery trees where blooming.
gess i will have to make a trip down and cut the grass.

TaylorJet
04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
hopefully supposed to warm up this week. i am refurbishing a pontoon boat and i have to wait until 65 degrees to lay the new carpet. i will have it ready for june 9th but the jet is another story.i hope to have that ready by aug or sept to have a little fun with before winter comes back. see everyone in june.

LAND_LOVER69
04-08-2007, 05:37 PM
How entertaining were those when we were kids? Find one, and try to guess where its going to land. :D
I used to put one onmy nose a laugh like Woody Woodpecker! :D :D :D