PDA

View Full Version : new guy question

UltraJet
04-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Couldn't get the boat to plane today. Gave it 3-4 good tries before I realized there was probably something stuck in the jet. Turns out I sucked up some twigs/bark. Could this have caused any severe damage to the boat(ie.engine/jet)? I assume this has to be relatively common among jetboaters but this is the first time this has happened to me.

YeLLowBoaT
04-07-2007, 10:01 PM
I doubt it did any damage to the motor... slight chance to the pump... I'm in Fair Oaks... I'l; be out in that area wed or thursday if you want me to take a look I'll be happy to swing by.( or you could just bring it by if you like)

IMPATIENT 1
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
never hurts to pull the bowl off and check the backside too.i had a loader get loose, knock some flow work loose and that destoyed the back of my impellor.couldn't see any damage to the intake side of the impellor.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-08-2007, 04:22 AM
Most likey no damage from wood flotsam, but it does never hurt to check.
Rocks are kinds tough on impellers tho. :(

hang tight
04-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Couldn't get the boat to plane today. Gave it 3-4 good tries before I realized there was probably something stuck in the jet. Turns out I sucked up some twigs/bark. Could this have caused any severe damage to the boat(ie.engine/jet)? I assume this has to be relatively common among jetboaters but this is the first time this has happened to me.
You should be ok. twigs and bark just killed water flow. Rocks and sand do more damage. But if you have the time check it. If you tow your boat alot always try to back wash your pump when you put it in the water. Helps rinse road dirt out.

UltraJet
04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the info guys and thanks for the offer YellowBoat that is extremely kind of you to offer to check it out. I'll get a looksee again today and maybe give it a try tomorrow. Thanks again guys!:)