PDA

View Full Version : 126driver

Kindsvater Flat
07-18-2003, 01:27 PM
I seem to notice that all the circle boats have a single velocity stack. Is that a requirement?
I notice that quite a few old school outboards also had velocity stacks. Was this a carry over for performance gains?

ssmike
07-18-2003, 01:43 PM
K Flat,
You will notice that the fast ss boats run a "Harwood style" fiberglass scoop...."
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/IMG_0840.JPG
:D argue :D :D

Sangster
07-18-2003, 01:47 PM
And the Faster boats run my Scoops...Ain't that right Smalls....
[ July 18, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Kindsvater Flat
07-18-2003, 01:54 PM
ssmike:
K Flat,
You will notice that the fast ss boats run a "Harwood style" fiberglass scoop...."
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/IMG_0840.JPG
:D argue :D :D Damn Mike!! Your scanner is so good it got the wood underneath it. :D

126driver
07-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
I seem to notice that all the circle boats have a single velocity stack. Is that a requirement?
I notice that quite a few old school outboards also had velocity stacks. Was this a carry over for performance gains? Velocity stacks aren't a requirement, but they work. SSMike's right, some of the front runners run a scoop. I run a stack. cry Actually, we're getting ready to try a scoop. IMO they're more susceptible to getting hosed down, but after Sangster hooks me up with one of his scoops :D we'll find out.

FLYTE RISK
07-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Sangster:
And the Faster boats run my Scoops...Ain't that right Smalls.... Well mine is a harwood and well you know??? junior will also next time no stumble! Better be ready I will be for sure. wink See ya at chow town

FlatRacer
07-19-2003, 09:00 AM
[/QUOTE]Actually, we're getting ready to try a scoop. IMO they're more susceptible to getting hosed down, but after Sangster hooks me up with one of his scoops :D we'll find out. [/QB][/QUOTE]
I've always felt that it should be a requirement to run a rear facing scoop. Do you know any racer that hasn't lost an engine from getting hosed down at least once in his career???
FR :p
[ July 19, 2003, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: FlatRacer ]