PDA

View Full Version : So, how about those Lakers???

Jordy
04-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I guess this is as good of a place as any to start listing excuses... :D :D :D

GAME TIME
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
So how about those Suns with ALL their championships??? Nash is over rated just like the Suns. Big deal, they beat the Lakers. They should, they have three all stars on their team. Win a Championship then talk.

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Nash is over rated just like the Suns.
Yeah, 2-time MVP (back-to-back mind you), 54% FG shooting, 48% from beyond the arc and a measley 89% free throw tosses - heck anyone can do that!
Has "overarated" written all over it!:rolleyes:
I can dig the, "show me a ring before you brag" argument about Phoenix.
But if yer up on your stats - you can't drag Nash into it.
Oh yeah and he's a 6'3" white soccer player from Canada!
Steve Nash is a feekin' phenom!!!!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
04-08-2007, 04:38 PM
The Suns are a better team right now. Nash is NOT overrated. The Lakers will be back...

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 04:51 PM
The Suns are a better team right now. Nash is NOT overrated. The Lakers will be back...
Yes, yes and aboslutely - the Lakers are a legacy.
Although, I personally can't stand:
"Doctor" Jerry Buss
Lyin' Cheetin' Kobe
That Freek, Turiaf
All the "drama" of the Hollyweird Lakers
And the boring triangle offense either.;)

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 04:51 PM
How about it? Did you even watch the game? It was close all the way through, but the Suns held on at the end. The Lakers vs. suns is a great match up, the teams know each other very well. I hope they meet in the playoffs, Kwame will be back and it will be fun.
The Lakers are actually a more loaded team this year, than last year, so you never know, we all saw what happened last year.
Deep down the suns are weak, they just score alot, but their defense sucks.

Jordy
04-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Did you even watch the game? It was close all the way through, but the Suns held on at the end.
Last time I checked, the end was the only part of the game that mattered. :notam:
Oh, and fish on!!! :D :D :D
http://www.mrjewelry.net/Canada/big-fish-1.jpg

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
How about it? Did you even watch the game? It was close all the way through, but the Suns held on at the end. The Lakers vs. suns is a great match up, the teams know each other very well. I hope they meet in the playoffs, Kwame will be back and it will be fun.
The Lakers are actually a more loaded team this year, than last year, so you never know, we all saw what happened last year.
Deep down the suns are weak, they just score alot, but their defense sucks.
I saw the game and thought it was very nice of the Suns to let the Laker fans have something to hold onto all the way up till the end when they closed them out - at will.;)
All this with Shawn in foul trouble the whole time.
I will say that I love the match up too and it's really fun to watch Kobe and Raja go at it.
And BTW: as I recall it the Lakers gave up a 3-1 series lead to lose (badly) in the seventh. No matter though - no one was getting through Dallas and as much as I hate to say it - same thing this year.

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I saw the game and thought it was very nice of the Suns to let the Laker fans have something to hold onto all the way up till the end when they closed them out - at will.;)
All this with Shawn in foul trouble the whole time.
I will say that I love the match up too and it's really fun to watch Kobe and Raja go at it.
And BTW: as I recall it the Lakers gave up a 3-1 series lead to lose (badly) in the seventh. No matter though - no one was getting through Dallas and as much as I hate to say it - same thing this year.
So the suns let the Lakers hang around? hmmm...curious.
BTW: The Lakers had Bynum and Turiaf with 2 fouls in the first quarter, and their starting center Kwame is out, so no excuses.
The record is 1-2 with one more game between them next week, when Kwame will be back.

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM
The record is 1-2 with one more game between them next week, when Kwame will be back.
Can't wait - but the real games the Lakers better focus on is the Clippers and the McNuggets since they're all gunnin' for the bottom.;)
Should be a fun week in the NBA!

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Maybe the Lakers are taking a page out of the clippers books and tanking/winning to stay in the 7th spot, so they can face the suns in the first round and team that Phil Jackson and his coaching staff have studied and know VERY well.

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Maybe the Lakers are taking a page out of the clippers books and tanking/winning to stay in the 7th spot, so they can face the suns in the first round and team that Phil Jackson and his coaching staff have studied and know VERY well.
I dunno - it's hard to say who'd be worse in the first round - Spurs, Suns, Mavs... And truth be told none of them wants to meet the Lakers there either!
And no one talks about how tough Denver could be with AI and Mello in at the same time! Damn the West is stacked!:sqeyes:

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I dunno - it's hard to say who'd be worse in the first round - Spurs, Suns, Mavs... And truth be told none of them wants to meet the Lakers there either!
And no one talks about how tough Denver could be with AI and Mello in at the same time! Damn the West is stacked!:sqeyes:
True. I think the toughest spot is going to be #8 seeing Dallas in the first round is almost like a death wish. :)

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
True. I think the toughest spot is going to be #8 seeing Dallas in the first round is almost like a death wish. :)
Agreed - they're better, deeper and that little Avery is a helluva coach!
But God, I love to see the look on gagillionaire Cuban's face whenever they loose a big one!
How cool would it be to see the likes of the Clips or Nuggets upset them in the 1st.
Or better yet - Nellie's Warriors come in at the last minute, steal the 8th spot and then beat his old team with his new old team!
Man I'd pay to see that!!!!:D

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Agreed - they're better, deeper and that little Avery is a helluva coach!
But God, I love to see the look on gagillionaire Cuban's face whenever they loose a big one!
How cool would it be to see the likes of the Clips or Nuggets upset them in the 1st.
Or better yet - Nellie's Warriors come in at the last minute, steal the 8th spot and then beat his old team with his new old team!
Man I'd pay to see that!!!!:D
I would love to see the warriors come in and steal the 8th spot from the clippers! :)

Daddy_G
04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I would love to see the warriors come in and steal the 8th spot from the clippers! :)
I bet you would - Laker lovers gotta hate the house-guest Clippers!:mad:

Daddy_G
04-10-2007, 08:44 AM
So, how about that!
If we started the playoffs today, the Warriors would play Dallas - God I love this game!:D
...Told you to watch out for those McNuggets!;)

ChumpChange
04-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Raja Bell hit ANOTHER three pointer! :D

eliminatedsprinter
04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
It may just be me, but all the teams look kind of weak, regardless of their records. It seems to me like any team with defense as weak as we see today would be vulnerable on any given day. I know there is a natural tendency to look back at the past with favor, but I can't help think that the best teams out there right now, would all get swept away in the first round, if they had to try to play in the 80s or 90s....They also all look like they can be beat by anyone in the playoffs who can muster up some defense and play hard inside.

Cole Trickle
04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
How many games are left? (7)
I think it's gonna be real intresting to see who gets in to teh playoffs. The Clippers are now teh team looking in as GS is playingdecentball (winning)
The Lakers are only 2 spots ahead and not playing great.
Who has the toughest remaining schedule?

dmontzsta
04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I wish the playoffs would start today, everything is lined up perfectly.
Except Dallas will be waiting to find out who they play for a while, since they will make quick work with the #8 spot. :)

mbrown2
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Suns are were better then the Laker's that day....let's see if they can actually win a Championship..

Ziggy
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I guess this is as good of a place as any to start listing excuses... :D :D :DAre you trying to knock dcLakerb's again JP? :D :D
Or are you referring to the Volleyball team......lmao