PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley logs

biggraypig
04-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Can someone tell me how this setup works?
It doesn't look like it preheats the water to the engine. It is plumbed directly from the jet to the thermostat housing, then I don't know what path it takes.
Looks like when it dumps into the front of the logs it flows through the top and bottom to the snails and dumps into the exhaust. Everything that goes on from the tstat to the logs is a mystery to me.
I plan on doing away with the water pump when the engine goes back in the boat.
Can someone help me understand?
Thanks

TahitiTiger
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
never seen anything like that :( I would check the 4-sale section and see if some one has a Hardin Marine setup they are willing to sell. Tom @ Jet Boat Performnace might be able help you also. My system is pretty basic on my 455, water comes in from jet into Hardin water log, Then it goes from water log to water pump block off plate. Then it comes out of T-stat to the snail shells for exit.

Jetaholic
04-08-2007, 06:52 PM
My boat used to have those logs. They're noturious for cracking right at the siamese exhaust ports.
They are not the preheating type no...the water comes in from the pump and goes into the motor. It then runs out the thermostat housing into the front of the logs. The water runs through the logs, through the risers and dumps overboard out the exhaust tips.