PDA

View Full Version : casale or hall craft

wright on
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I have a casale in my sanger mini day cruiser 20' but have a hall craft or is that hull? cant remember. the hall craft is in a 18' sanger dont know what tranny. the mini day cruiser has a paragon. forward and reverse. which one is better?

lilrick
04-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I've been scratching my head tryin' to figure out what it is that you are trying to say!!!

dmontzsta
04-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I've been scratching my head tryin' to figure out what it is that you are trying to say!!!
+1

wright on
04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
my apologies fellas I am younger, studip, and trying to put this boat back together with the best of my abilites, and equipment that I have. to clarify the question. Since I have the boat apart. Would it be worthwhile in exchanging gear boxes if one is better than the other. casale or hall craft gear box. Or should I just worry about what gears are in the casale I have in the boat now. Thanks for the kindler replies and not actually calling me a dumbass. I am trying to learn. And since I am asking questions at what gears should I be looking for to get this 20' mini day cruiser going down the lake fast. I still need to get dimensions on the prop. Since I know this will probably be a factor in an apropiate answer.

lilrick
04-09-2007, 06:38 AM
good questions..I would figure out what gears you have in both boxes and go from there. All of this boating crap depends on how much LOOT and TIME you wanna throw at this.The Casale box would be my choice, but if the other box has the gear in it that is most applicable to your boat, it may save you some time and money.

lilrick
04-09-2007, 06:40 AM
my apologies fellas I am younger, studip, and trying to put this boat back together with the best of my abilites, and equipment that I have. to clarify the question. Since I have the boat apart. Would it be worthwhile in exchanging gear boxes if one is better than the other. casale or hall craft gear box. Or should I just worry about what gears are in the casale I have in the boat now. Thanks for the kindler replies and not actually calling me a dumbass. I am trying to learn. And since I am asking questions at what gears should I be looking for to get this 20' mini day cruiser going down the lake fast. I still need to get dimensions on the prop. Since I know this will probably be a factor in an apropiate answer.
I'm no expert ,but the next questions are: How much power and what prop are you trying to turn?

sanger ss396
04-09-2007, 08:05 AM
there is another thing that you have check before u go switching the boxes. are they the same angle. 10 degree or 12 degree. because if they are different your strut and gear box need to match. the strut is what the prop shaft goes thru. on my boat the gear box is a 10 degree and the strut is a 9 degree. good luck on ur boat work

VDRIVERACING
04-09-2007, 08:52 AM
If your boat is already set up for the Casale. GOOD. Dont change anything. The Casle is very popular, and parts and gears are readily available. They come with varying size internals that determine what horsepower they can handle, so if you beef up your motor, it's an easy task to uprgrade your Casale.
If you have things apart at the minute, and do not know how old the casale is since it has been serviced, now would be a good time to have it checked for wear and new bearings, etc....

Mr. V-Driver
04-09-2007, 09:28 AM
All answers are good! Must use same degree box to make life easier. If both are same and not too much trouble to interchange, use the one with the best gear ratio for your given situation. Both boxes have parts available.
Casale for Casale parts and Tom Bentley for Menkens/Hallcraft parts.
Pictures are always nice and help all of us to better understand the situation.
Is thaat Casale box a square top or a splitcase? The square tops are 12* and the splits are numbered 62500=12* or 61000=10*.
Good Luck on Project!!!

wright on
04-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Thank you everyone for the food for thought. I will be sticking with casale thats arlready rigged in. As far as the motor. Horse power to be determined. It will be a 454 with B&M Blower. I will always miss the flatbottom. O well, any body need parts?