PDA

View Full Version : Best audio install shop in the IE?

Lavey29
04-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my system a little. Nothing to extensive but I would like to add some amps, subs and better speakers. I would also like to do an LCD TV/DVD in the cabin. Is there a place in the IE or close surrounding area that specializes in boat installs. I would want a place that really knows how to work on boat stuff and would do a clean and custom job. Any suggestions or references are appreciated.....Thanks...
Marc

sigepmock
04-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Give Dave(Owner) or Dallas(manager) a call at Al & Ed's in Ontario, at the Ontario Mills Mall. They get a lot of flack for being an Al & Ed's but they do a ton of work on boats and Rhino's,etc..... not to mention the normal car stuff.
(909) 481-8411
880 N. Rochester Rd.
Ontario, CA 91764
They did a very nice job on our set-up:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010065.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010056.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010051.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/backhatch.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010057.JPG
Good luck and tell them ***boat sent you,
Chris Mock

riverbound
04-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Give Dave(Owner) or Dallas(manager) a call at Al & Ed's in Ontario, at the Ontario Mills Mall. They get a lot of flack for being an Al & Ed's but they do a ton of work on boats and Rhino's,etc..... not to mention the normal car stuff.
(909) 481-8411
880 N. Rochester Rd.
Ontario, CA 91764
Chris Mock
I will second that recomendation. you would be very hard pressed to find a shop that can do similar quality work.

ATLAS
04-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Modern Image in Moreno Valley, CA 24571 Sunnymead Blvd (951) 601-1733
they do great work and stand behind all there products
ask for (dave or glen)

Cole Trickle
04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
(909) 481-8411
880 N. Rochester Rd.
Ontario, CA 91764
Chris Mock
agreed..My boat is getting some improvements from Al&Ed's as we speak. The whole crew have been nothing short of a class act.:) :D

riverbound
04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
agreed..My boat is getting some improvements from Al&Ed's as we speak. The whole crew have been nothing short of a class act.:) :D
Wait till you get your bill with my bar tab from Road runner on it :devil: ;)

Cole Trickle
04-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Wait till you get your bill with my bar tab from Road runner on it :devil: ;)
I'm not worried....;)
Wait until you get my bill for acting like were friends...lol:D;)

riverbound
04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm not worried....;)
Wait until you get my bill for acting like were friends...lol:D;)
You are a terrible actor, so it wont be very much ;)

Cole Trickle
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
You are a terrible actor, so it wont be very much ;)
Damm....It shows?;)
As long as we are square from your RR bill I am happy:D

Lavey29
04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info and contact people guys....That is a really clean looking install on your boat Chris....Al and Eds is just down the road aways...I am going to try them first and see what they suggest then hit up the other place also for a bid...Appreciate the suggestions.....take care everyone

riverbound
04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info and contact people guys....That is a really clean looking install on your boat Chris....Al and Eds is just down the road aways...I am going to try them first and see what they suggest then hit up the other place also for a bid...Appreciate the suggestions.....take care everyone
If you are looking for just a cheap price....dont waste your time going to Al&Eds. They arent the cheapest, but as you can see by the pics, they know what they are doing and you will pay for that experience ;)

thmper321
04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
You also might want to check out the Audio Shoppe in Riverside. They understand not only the equipment but also acoustics and how to use it to their advantage.

riverbound
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
You also might want to check out the Audio Shoppe in Riverside. They understand not only the equipment but also acoustics and how to use it to their advantage.
Allen still doing the installs over there? last I heard he took a step back, and hired people to do the work for him......his quality definitely went down after that :(

dumbandyoung
04-09-2007, 01:41 PM
not IE, but pretty damn close, depending what city your in.
Marks Audio and Video in Irwindale is great!
http://marksautosound.com

busybee2498
04-10-2007, 03:57 AM
Wow Now thats an Install..... Looks Great...

jbtrailerjim
04-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Allen still doing the installs over there? last I heard he took a step back, and hired people to do the work for him......his quality definitely went down after that :(
Alan hasn't done installs himself in probably well over 15 years. He has employee's that handle the installs. As far as his quality goes, I don't think Chip Foose would be sending stuff to him on a regular basis if his shop didn't do quality work.:rolleyes:
Lavey 29,
Alan (the owner of the Audio Shoppe) is my brother in law and he has done installs for me and many people I know. He does top quality work for sure. He is definitely not cheap but as the saying goes, "You Get What You Pay For". He has been in the business for over 20 years. Give him a call or stop in and see him. Tell him his brother in law Jimmy sent you in there.
Audio Shoppe
3645 Merrill Ave.
Riverside, Ca. 92506
(951)787-0550

Lavey29
04-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Alan hasn't done installs himself in probably well over 15 years. He has employee's that handle the installs. As far as his quality goes, I don't think Chip Foose would be sending stuff to him on a regular basis if his shop didn't do quality work.:rolleyes:
Lavey 29,
Alan (the owner of the Audio Shoppe) is my brother in law and he has done installs for me and many people I know. He does top quality work for sure. He is definitely not cheap but as the saying goes, "You Get What You Pay For". He has been in the business for over 20 years. Give him a call or stop in and see him. Tell him his brother in law Jimmy sent you in there.
Audio Shoppe
3645 Merrill Ave.
Riverside, Ca. 92506
(951)787-0550
Thanks for the reference JB,,,I will take a drive out there also and see what they have to offer.....take care

SS@155
04-10-2007, 06:00 PM
... we appreciate the recommendation Jimmy.
No, Alan does not install himself, but we do have a crew that has done TLCs Street Tuner Challenge, The SEMA Overhaulin Show, Foose's personal cars, his managers Impala, friends of his manager, The upcoming Mothers Wax all-green hotrod, the list goes on and on. Enough self promotion, you probably get the picture by now. Check out our link, and give us a call if you want to dominate on the lake. Have a good week guys.
AudioShoppe.com

riverbound
04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
... we appreciate the recommendation Jimmy.
No, Alan does not install himself, but we do have a crew that has done TLCs Street Tuner Challenge, The SEMA Overhaulin Show, Foose's personal cars, his managers Impala, friends of his manager, The upcoming Mothers Wax all-green hotrod, the list goes on and on. Enough self promotion, you probably get the picture by now. Check out our link, and give us a call if you want to dominate on the lake. Have a good week guys.
AudioShoppe.com
Any pics to actually back this statement up?? ;)

SS@155
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
... along with the aforementioned, our website shows many others... K&N show car, Gil Losi Buick ...

riverbound
04-11-2007, 01:01 PM
... along with the aforementioned, our website shows many others... K&N show car, Gil Losi Buick ...
we are talking highe end boats here ;)
Just asking you to back up a statement YOU made. I frequent Parker and Havasu QUITE often and have never seen a boat that was "dominating the lake" built by your shop.....maybe they boat elsewhere:confused:

DILLIGAF
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Personally I will never use Audio Shop again. Lets just say the job was not up to my satisfaction and leave it at that.
I use Wired For Sound down in Murietta. They have done 3 installs for me now. If you want to "save" money this is not the place to go. If you want a quality install give them a call.

riverbound
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
And all the promo/sponsor vehicles.....you and I both know how they work.....the job gets awarded to the lowes bidder with a decent reputation ;) so dropping those names dont account for much :rolleyes:

jbtrailerjim
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Personally I will never use Audio Shop again. Lets just say the job was not up to my satisfaction and leave it at that.
I use Wired For Sound down in Murietta. They have done 3 installs for me now. If you want to "save" money this is not the place to go. If you want a quality install give them a call.
I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW Alan does stand behind his work.
And all the promo/sponsor vehicles.....you and I both know how they work.....the job gets awarded to the lowes bidder with a decent reputation ;) so dropping those names dont account for much :rolleyes:
You got an axe to grind with Alan and the Audio Shoppe or are you just here to talk shit and stir the pot. I know you feel Al and ED's in Ontario is the only shop capable of doing a good install but trust me there not the only shop that is capable.:rolleyes: Alan's reputation and the fact he has been in business for over 20 years says a lot IMO and the majority of his business is repeat business.

riverbound
04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW Alan does stand behind his work.
Runing an amp direct without any fusing, is not a mistake, it is one of the most basic things you can do for safety. Given the "mistakes" that were made, I wouldnt have taken my boat back their either.
You got an axe to grind with Alan and the Audio Shoppe or are you just here to talk shit and stir the pot. I know you feel Al and ED's in Ontario is the only shop capable of doing a good install but trust me there not the only shop that is capable.:rolleyes: Alan's reputation and the fact he has been in business for over 20 years says a lot IMO and the majority of his business is repeat business.
I have no bones to pick with the Audio shoppe, like I posted ALAN is a great installer, maybe he should step back in the bay and do better qulaity control. ;) Dilligaf's old boat is not the only one I have seen with similar safety issues like he posted. And in all reality I was just asking for pics of boats that "dominate the lake" since I am not familiar with them.
Look at how long Pacific Stereo and Audio America have been in the business....does that make them good?? :rolleyes:
As far as me thinking Al&Eds Ontario is the ONLY shop capable of doing good work, you are wrong. Wired for sound is VERY capable, as is speaker works (depending on who is actualy doing the install). Transonic seems to turn out good work too (when they focus on car audio not home). I cant think of many shops I would allow to work on my vehicles, being that I was in the industry for quite some time, I may be a little bit pickier than your average consumer. ;)

mbrown2
04-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW
Funny you mention all shops have their issues.....Dilligaf's old 25 which was done by Wired for Sound is getting redone by another installer cause the new owner thought it was average at best had some issues and did not get the greatest response when he called Wired for Sound...
Wired has done a lot of nice boats, but like any shop even they have issues or lose a customer now and then....no different then the Audio Shop or any other high end place...
Lately I have been extremely impressed and happy with the customer service and work Car Toyz has done for me...love having something in Havasu where the boat lives/plays...
Shops that I have had Cars/Boats done and would return to...
Transonic - Upland
Audio Concepts - Simi Valley
Competition Soundworks - Cerritos
DCB - El Cajon, but you have to buy the boat...
Car Toyz - Havasu

jbtrailerjim
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Runing an amp direct without any fusing, is not a mistake, it is one of the most basic things you can do for safety. Given the "mistakes" that were made, I wouldnt have taken my boat back their either.
I agree that is a huge mistake but the point I was trying to make is that I believe Tom did not even talk with Alan about it. I will guarantee that Alan would have had a fit if he knew a boat his shop did an install on went out with a mistake like that made. As a business owner myself with employee's who do repair work, unfortunately sometimes an employee makes a mistake that gets by the boss/owner. Alan is like me. He will make any mistake that was made on work he did right with a customer. He stands behind his work 100%.
I have no bones to pick with the Audio shoppe, like I posted ALAN is a great installer, maybe he should step back in the bay and do better qulaity control. ;) Dilligaf's old boat is not the only one I have seen with similar safety issues like he posted. And in all reality I was just asking for pics of boats that "dominate the lake" since I am not familiar with them.
I have to LOL when I read comments about like you know what kind of installs
Alan used to do. Again, Alan hasn't been doing his own installs since the 1980's. You were probably in junior high or elementary school back when Alan personally did his last install. You're talking like you know him and his work.
I honestly think you are just here to talk shit. I'd be willing to bet you have seen none or very few installs the Audio Shoppe has ever done.

DILLIGAF
04-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Funny you mention all shops have their issues.....Dilligaf's old 25 which was done by Wired for Sound is getting redone by another installer cause the new owner thought it was average at best had some issues and did not get the greatest response when he called Wired for Sound...
I have not heard anything from Dave, who bought the boat. I would suspect the speakers/amps are tired and have had a major workout over the years. Just time to replace with something that has some more energy. That system was not AVERAGE in the least but like I said it was probably tired. I can't speak for WFS response to him. He did like the system when he test drove the boat. Oh well.....
As far as The Audio Shoppe...It was an emergency situation and I needed help and WFS took care of it for me. That is when we found that there was no fuses and it was directly wired to the battery. I went thru some rough water at Havasu and all my amps tore out and fell down. The damn live wire was just flopping around in the hull and could have burned my boat up. WFS never talked any shit or anything like that but showed me the problem and secured everything so as not to have it happen again. I was happy but pissed that it wasn't done right the first time. Can you imagine if I would have had a fire/explosion with kids on board? Major issue right there. Anyhow, I wasn't going to bring this up again but it is what it is.

riverbound
04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I have to LOL when I read comments about like you know what kind of installs
Alan used to do. Again, Alan hasn't been doing his own installs since the 1980's. You were probably in junior high or elementary school back when Alan personally did his last install. You're talking like you know him and his work.
I honestly think you are just here to talk shit. I'd be willing to bet you have seen none or very few installs the Audio Shoppe has ever done.
I have been in his shop and seen him in a car doing work...this was late 99 early 2000. Maybe it was a different Alan then;) I know he hasnt been a ful time installer in quite some time, but to tell me he hasnt touched a car in 20 years seems a little odd to me.
I have seen plenty of his work, how else would I know that his qulaity has dropped over the years.....think its just a guess? ;) As a matter of fact one of his old employees worked for me for a while. ;)

jbtrailerjim
04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I have been in his shop and seen him in a car doing work...this was late 99 early 2000. Maybe it was a different Alan then;) I know he hasnt been a ful time installer in quite some time, but to tell me he hasnt touched a car in 20 years seems a little odd to me.
Yes, Alan does on occasion lend a hand to his guys but full installs, NO. He hasn't done them himself in years.
I have seen plenty of his work, how else would I know that his qulaity has dropped over the years.....think its just a guess? ;) As a matter of fact one of his old employees worked for me for a while. ;)
Well, maybe you should stop by and check out some more of his recent work. His crew he has now is not even the same crew he had working for him a few years ago when you were still in the business.
Oh, yes I'm aware Brice worked at Al and Ed's Ontario with you before he worked for the Audio Shoppe. After having conversations with Brice, I know Al & Ed's Ontario isn't perfect either but I'm not here to throw stones at other shops work. ;)

jbtrailerjim
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I have not heard anything from Dave, who bought the boat. I would suspect the speakers/amps are tired and have had a major workout over the years. Just time to replace with something that has some more energy. That system was not AVERAGE in the least but like I said it was probably tired. I can't speak for WFS response to him. He did like the system when he test drove the boat. Oh well.....
As far as The Audio Shoppe...It was an emergency situation and I needed help and WFS took care of it for me. That is when we found that there was no fuses and it was directly wired to the battery. I went thru some rough water at Havasu and all my amps tore out and fell down. The damn live wire was just flopping around in the hull and could have burned my boat up. WFS never talked any shit or anything like that but showed me the problem and secured everything so as not to have it happen again. I was happy but pissed that it wasn't done right the first time. Can you imagine if I would have had a fire/explosion with kids on board? Major issue right there. Anyhow, I wasn't going to bring this up again but it is what it is.
Well Tom, I guess I'm just different. If I spent a lot money on a stereo system and I had a problem like you did. The first place I'd call would be the shop who originally did the work in the first place. I'd at least give them a shot at making it right with me. I know if one of my customers are unhappy with a job we did I always encourage them to call and let me know. I'll take care of the problem and do almost anything within reason to make them happy. I can't speak for Alan but I think I know him well enough that he thinks along the same lines as I do when it comes to a customer situation like that.

thmper321
04-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Modern Image in Moreno Valley, CA 24571 Sunnymead Blvd (951) 601-1733
they do great work and stand behind all there products
ask for (dave or glen)
Like getting you a warranty on Alpine amps with a "little" water damage. Good meeting you at Modern Image the other day. Nice looking boat also. Modern Image does some good work also.

thmper321
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Allen has a quite the quality staff over there. His shop has definitely not taken a step back. They have been on Steet Tuner Challenge several times. Ask who Steve Saleen sends his cars to? Also Chip Foose has had several cars sent to him. They did an install for a guy that competed in the Iasca finals and took first in his class.
Oh, the Foose and Saleen cars are not sponsored cars. They are Foose's personal cars or cars sold straight from Saleen's showroom.
Allen at WFS does good work also. Its a matter of opinion and like an anus we all have one. I say go to these shops and see for yourself. Please do not blindly go to any of these shops without doing the research for yourself.

SS@155
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
"And all the promo/sponsor vehicles.....you and I both know how they work.....the job gets awarded to the lowes bidder with a decent reputation so dropping those names dont account for much"
...wrong, we were in the ME Top 50 for 2005, and we had to fight each company on the tickets because we DO NOT cater to the freebie types.
I'm sorry you had issues with your boat, no process is 100%. Our customers tend to be lower key than most, so you wouldn't know how bad ass their systems were unless you had been in their boats.

riverbound
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
"
...wrong, we were in the ME Top 50 for 2005,
REALLY????? ;)
From ME-mag's site
Mobile Electronics Magazine’s Finalists for Retailers / Installer of the Year Announced
Sunday, November 28, 2004 -- After compiling votes submitted from members of the mobile electronics industry nationwide, the lists of the Top 100 Installers and the Top 50 Retailers were narrowed down to the Top 12 and Top 15, respectively.
“We really want to congratulate the finalists, the nominees in the Top 50 and the Top 100, and all of the people in the industry who voted,” said Solomon Daniels, editor. “It really shows that despite our different functions, we are all part of one community and we can come together to honor our best.”
The Top 12 Installers – 2004-2005
Steve Chambers [Car Toys]
Luke Gray [The Specialists]
Kent Izuka [Security & Sound Systems]
Micky Kennett [Creative Car Audio]
Dave Kittmer [Tweeter]
Jason Kranitz [Car Toys]
Dan Lixey [Classic Stereo and Video]
Brian Mobley [Sound Decision]
Cabe Sipes
[B]Darren Sprayberry [Al & Ed's Autosound]
Chris Yato [Competition Soundworks]
Sean Young [Sound Decision]
Alternates (in order):
Eddy Crook [Sound Advice]
Frank Buchanan [Sounds Good]
Mark Rainey [Audio Express]
The Top 15 Retailers - 2004-2005
Single Store
Abt Electronics [Chicago]
Creative Car Audio [Springfield]
Metro Audio Dynamics [Omaha]
Osprey Wireless [Norwood]
Sound Advice [Aurora]
Sounds Good [Woodland Hills]
Small Chain
Columbus Car Audio [Columbus]
Competition Soundworks [Artesia]
Drive-In Autosound [Colorado Springs]
Sound of Tri-State [Claymont]
Stereo West [Omaha]
Medium / Large Chain
Al & Ed's [Van Nuys]
Audio Express [Scottsdale]
Custom Sounds [Austin]
Tweeter [Canton]
Here is the list from 2002 ;) again from ME's site.
Top 12 Finalists Announced
Monday, October 28, 2002 --
Congratulations
to the Top 12!
Victor Acevedo
The Specialists - Tucson,AZ
Ken Bell
Car Audio Craftsman - Walnut, CA
Bob Burns
Advanced Autosound - Flint, MI
Chris Church
Car Toys - Beaverton, OR
David Gann
Audio Express - Searcy, AR
Luke Gray
The Specialists - Tucson, AZ
Nathan Hall
Tweeter - Vista, CA
Jeff Johnson
Traffic Jams - Kennewick, WA
Jason Kranitz
Car Toys - Tigard, OR
Dan Lixey
Classic Stereo and Video - Grand Rapids, MI
Mike Mukai
Auto Sound Innovations - San Gabriel, CA
Mike Vu
Al & Ed's Auto Sound - City of Commerce, CA
2003 (also from ME's site) ;)
Top 50 and Top 100 Update: The Last-Minute Shuffle
Friday, October 31, 2003 -- On this last day of voting, Craig Davis enters the Top 15 in the Installer race, while CKR breaks into the Top 15 on the Retailer side. Voting ends today at 5:00p.m. PST.
The top 12 vote-getters in the Installer category will comprise the finalists for Installer of the Year. For Retailer of the Year, the final 12 will be comprised as follows:
- The top 5 single store vote-getters
- The top 4 small chain (2-5 stores) vote- getters
- The top 3 large chain (6 or more stores) vote-getters
Here are the top 15 vote-getters, based on percentage of votes, in each category:
Top 100 Installers – 15 Highest Vote Getters So Far (with percentage of votes)
1. Steve Chambers - Car Toys - 17.0%
2. Darren Sprayberry - Al & Ed’s Autosound – 7.93%
3. Jerry Ziegler - Ovation Audio Video – 7.84%
4. Luke Gray - The Specialists – 4.91%
5. Don Zaney - Duke’s Car Stereo – 4.21%
6. Dan Lixey - Classic Stereo & Video – 3.31%
7. Mark Raney - Audio Express - 3.21%
8. David Gann - Audio Express – 2.67%
9. Jay Enge - Car Fi / Stereo One – 2.44%
10. Andres Vega -310 Motoring – 2.28%
11. Russ Duda - Sounds Good Stereo 1.96%
12. Frank Buchanan - Sounds Good Stereo – 1.93%
13. Craig Davis - Grand Prairie Audio– 1.61%
14. Michael Chang - Xtreme Audio & Security – 1.51%
15. Pete Riker - The Specialists - 1.48%
Top 50 Retailers – 15 Highest Vote-Getters So Far
1. Cartoys - Tulsa, Okla. – 29.56%
2. Al & Ed’s Autosound - Commerce, Calif. – 13.23%
3. Duke’s Car Stereo - Flint, Mich. – 6.35%
4. Classic Stereo & Video - Grand Rapids, Mich. – 4.28%
5. The Specialists - Tucson, Ariz. – 4.08%
6. Car-Fi / Stereo One - Springfield, Mo. – 3.49%
7. Sounds Good Stereo - Woodland Hills, Calif. – 3.44%
8. Osprey Wireless - Norwood, Mass. – 3.39%
9. Custom Sounds - Austin, Texas – 2.26%
10. Pirate Radio - Vernon, Conn. – 2.16%
11. Ultimate Audio - Orlando, Fla. – 1.67%
12. CKR - Montgomery, Ala.. – 1.57%
13. Car Audio Depot - Modesto, Calif. – 1.52%
14. Kustom Kar Audio - Santa Rosa, Calif. – 1.48%
15. Audio Express - Scottsale, Ariz. – 1.43%
And here is the preliminary list for this year. Remember the list is based off people within the industry voting for the shop or installer, so this could drastically change byt he time it is finalized.
Top 50 Retailers / Top 100 Installers Announced
Thursday, September 14, 2006 -- The reps have responded, the votes have been counted, and the nominations have been made! Here are Mobile Electronics magazine’s Top 50 Retailers and Top 100 Installers for 2006 / 07!
The names on this page were selected by the mobile electronics industry’s manufacturer representatives and direct salespeople. Voting for the Top 12 Installers and Top 12 Retailers begins in November.
PLEASE NOTE: To report a misspelled name, please send an email to Awards@me-mag.com
Top 50 Retailers (in alphabetical order)
ACC Inc., Muscatine, IA
ABT Electronics, Glenview, IL
Action Electronics, Newington, CT
Audio Specialists, Madisonville, KY
Auto Image & Security, Raritan, NJ
Auto Marketing Services - AMS, Madison, WI
Auto Sound & Security, Willoughby, OH
Automotive Entertainment SM, Santa Monica, CA
Autosound of Lexington, Lexington, KY
AutoStyle Inc., Peoria, IL
Beach Auto Sound, Huntington Beach, CA
Benchmark Motoring, Bellevue, WA
Bunkley's Sound Systems, Abilene, TX
Car Concepts, Salt Lake City, UT
Car Stereo One, Toledo, OH
Cartunes, Allen Park, MI
Chronic Car Audio, Mesa, AZ
CKR, Prattville, AL
Creative Car Audio, Joplin, MO
Custom Audio & Alarms, Inc., Mount Prospect, IL
Discount Auto Sound, Chesapeake, VA
Imagine Audio, Cherry Hill, NJ
JML Audio, Chesterfield, MO
Ken's Cartunes, Mobile, AL
Kustom Kar Audio, Santa Rosa. CA
Mobile Car Audio, Aiea, HI
New Age Audio, Fullerton, CA
Pantell's Music Box, Antioch, CA
Precision Mobile Audio, Half Moon, NY
Professional Auto Stereo, Waipahu, HI
Radio Activity, Carterville, IL
Ray's Electronics, Addison, IL
Robert's Auto Stereo, Louisville, KY
Sound FX, Lewes, DE
Sound of Tri-State, Claymont, DE
Sound Sensations, Marietta, GA
Sound Solutions, Kingston, PA
Sound Waves, Parsippany, NJ
SoundCraft, Waterford, CT
Sounds Unlimited, Glendale, CA
Stereo King, Portland, OR
Stereo West, Omaha, NE
Suncoast Sound, Monroe, LA
Super Autobacs, Stanton, CA
Traffic Jams, Buford, GA
Tsunami Electronics, Wailuku, HI
Ultimate Audio, Orlando, FL
Vision Audio, Lubbock, TX
Warehouse Car Stereo, Stockton, CA
Xtreme Auto Sound, Louisville, KY
Top 100 Installers (in alphabetical order by first name)
Aaron Markwell, Ovation Audio Video, Indianapolis, IN
Adam Stein, JML Audio, Chesterfield, MO
Anthony Bonanno, Independence Audio/Video, Independence, MO
Arden Toguchi, A&J Mobile Audio, Hilo, HI
Barry Colley, Bluegrass Car, Bowling Green, KY
Bob Brien, Cartunes, Hudson, NH
Bobby Butler, Ray's Electronics, Addison, IL
Brett Shank, Sound Solutions, Gulfport, MS
Brian Kosakowski, Attention to Detail, Middletown, CT
Brian Mobley, Sound Decision, Montgomery, IL
Brian Morris, Auto Sound & Security, Willoughby, OH
Cabe Sipes, C&C Customs, Lafayette, IN
Carlos Hickman, Los Labs, Fort Wayne, IN
Chad Gaynor, Sound Waves, Parsippany, NJ
Chad Paredes, Extreme Audio Systems Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Chris Crompton, Traffic Jamz, Hooksett, NH
Chris Lavey, CKR Mobile Electronics, Prattville, AL
Chris Lynam, Perzan Auto Radio, Upper Darby, PA
Chris Merrill, Kustom Kar Audio, Santa Rosa, CA
Chris Phelps, Sound on Wheel, Rock Hill, SC
Chris Shakepeare, Traffic Jams, Burford, GA
Chris Yato, Competition Soundworks, Artesia, CA
Cliff Leeper, Syndicate Automotive Concepts, San Diego, CA
Dale Puskarz, Cartunes, Allen Park, MI
Dan Allard, Pirate Radio, Vernon, CT
Dan Bowen, Becker Audio, Hatboro, PA
Danny Alvarez, All Star Sound, Long Beach, CA
Dave Varga, Car Concepts, Salt Lake City, UT
David Hary, DesignTech LLC., Union, NJ
Dean Ricker, South County Mobile Electronics, San Clemente, CA
Derek Kenney, Sound in Motion, Allston, MA
Derek Pace, Certified Sounds, Wailuku, HI
Devin Oliver, Audio Advice, La Crescenta, CA
Douglas Gibson, Ultimate Audio, Orlando, FL
Earl Shimabukuro, Island Sound, Honolulu, HI
Efran Daguio, Special T Tint, Honolulu, HI
Eric Reyna, Audio Images, Burlingame, CA
Ernesto Onate, Sound Innovations, Hayward, CA
Frank Rodriquez, Exotic Audio Boutique, Brooklyn, NY
Garrett Beach, JML Audio, Chesterfield, MO
Greg Caulkins, Car Toys, Salem, OR
Guerry Byers, Audio Outlaws, Buda, TX
Ivan Pantoja, Ultimate Audio, Orlando, FL
James Ngim Jr., Sound Innovations, Hayward, CA
Jason Paceco, Drive in Auto Sound, Pueblo, CO
Jason Salas, Auto Marketing Services-AMS, Madison, WI
Jeremy Katz, Advanced Audio Designs, Sharon, MA
Jeremy Langley, Autosound of Lexington, Lexington, KY
Jeremy Taylor, Audiofonix, Laguna Hills, CA
Jerry Batchelor, Ken's Car-Tunes, Mobile, AL
Joe Dodd, 2 Guys Audio Video, Gresham, OR
Joe Provenzano, Audio Innovations, Glendora, CA
Joey Knapp, Audiowaves, Lake City, FL
John Arnold, Discount Audio, Louisville, KY
John Lee, ABC Automotive Electronics, Berwyn, IL
John Samp, ABT Electronics, Glennview, IL
Jon Becker, Becker Audio, Hatboro, PA
Jon Clark, The Soundsource, Butlington, NJ
Josh Brunelle, SoundCraft, Waterford, CT
Joshua Landau, JML Audio, Chesterfield, MO
Keith Braun, Car Audio Depot, Modesto, CA
Keith Gantt, Sound Sensations, Marietta, GA
Kent Izuka, Security & Sound Systems, Honolulu, HI
Lee Teeples, JR Custom, Irving, TX
Luke Gray, Hard Core Car Audio, Tucson, AZ
Mark Pantell, Pantell's Music Box, Antioch, CA
Matt Figlioa, Automotive Intellect, Tuckahoe, NY
Matt Murray, Audio Source, Columbus, IN
Micah Williams, Audio Specialists, Madisonville, KY
Mike Smiley, Motor Trendz, Nashville, TN
Mylo Kim, New Age Audio, Fullerton, CA
Nelson Rivera, Ultimate Audio, Orlando, FL
Owen Smith, Audio Jam, Bear, DE
Ralph Ramirez, All Star Sound, Long Beach, CA
Randy Smith, Soundworks Mobile Audio, Virginia Beach, VA
Ray Johnson, Wired Audio, Weston, WI
Rich Meyer, Mother's Window Tint, San Antonio, TX
Richard Warner, Norton's Car Stereo, Charleston, SC
Rob Bess, Audio Specialists, Hopkinsville, KY
Ron Dantin, RD Audio, Marrero, LA
Rusty Durbin, Car Audio Outlaws, Modesto, CA
Ryan Martin, Car Toys, Salem, OR
Scott Babson, Kustom Kar Audio, Santa Rosa, CA
Scott Comiskey, Hi Fi Buys, Nashville, TN
Scott Jack, Radio Activity, Carterville, IL
Scott Rettig, Sound of Tri-State, Claymont, DE
Sean Young, Sound Decision, Montgomery, IL
Stephen Stasiulewicz, Wheel Concepts 3, Elizabeth, NJ
Steve Coogle, Xtreme Autosound, Louisville, KY
Steve Creamer, Becker Audio, Hatboro, PA
Steve Medeiros, Sound FX, West Warwick, RI
Tai Tram, Super Autobacs, Stanton, CA
Tim Willis, Auto Werx, Brookhaven, PA
Todd Fisher, ABT Electronics, Glenview, IL
Tom Hruben, Music in Motion, Crestwood, IL
Tommy Vallier, TNT Car Stereo, Mobile, AL
Tony Lucia, Mobile Concept, Glenview, IL
Tony Taylor, Warehouse Car Stereo, Stockton, CA
Travis Swore, Ideal Audio, Pocatello, ID
Victor Jerome, Sound Solutions, Gulfport, MS
Maybe I am looking at a different list ;) In case you wanted to look here is the website
me-mag.com

riverbound
04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh...and sorry for bringing FACTS into a thread on ***boat :D :D

SS@155
04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
...good grief. Our top 50 listing is in the November 2005 issue of Me-Mag, fourth one down (it's alphabetical)... nuff said.

riverbound
04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
...good grief. Our top 50 listing is in the November 2005 issue of Me-Mag, fourth one down (it's alphabetical)... nuff said.
So they list different lists in their mag and on their website:confused: These were all pulled directly from their website. So I guess not "nuff said"
Its funny how you come in here and seem to spout "facts" off and NEVER back them up. Like was stated before, I really have no issue with Alan or the shoppe. But I find it humerous to watch people not able to back their talk....like you seem to be doing right now.
Asked to see pics of boats "dominating the lake" and so far nothing. You said you were one of the "top 50" yet the final list is the "top 15" and surprise surprise....look who is there.......and MORE than once might I add ;)
This thread was started to see who is "the best" In the IE.......Back your claims ;) If you cant, thats cool It was fun to call you out. and it is a boating site so Im guessing the original poster was asking in regards to boat installs :idea:

SS@155
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
... the listings (abbreviated articles) for 2005 on Me-mag.com are for the top 25, NOT the Top 50 like I said. Scosche sponsored it, they can confirm it as well.
Posting pictures on this site takes longer than punching up our website (which it seems you still havn't seen yet). Posters with actual interest will look at the site, and or call us. Have a good day guys.

riverbound
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
... the listings (abbreviated articles) for 2005 on Me-mag.com are for the top 25, NOT the Top 50 like I said. Scosche sponsored it, they can confirm it as well.
Posting pictures on this site takes longer than punching up our website (which it seems you still havn't seen yet). Posters with actual interest will look at the site, and or call us. Have a good day guys.
I have seen your site.;)
Posting pics would be rather simple. Right click the properties, save the URL then come over here and click the little mountain looking box in the top. right click past the URL in the pop up screen and walla....picture will be posted. should take less then a minute or 2.

riverbound
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I have seen your site.;)
Posting pics would be rather simple. Right click the properties, save the URL then come over here and click the little mountain looking box in the top. right click past the URL in the pop up screen and walla....picture will be posted. should take less then a minute or 2.

SS@155
04-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I have seen your site.
...duly noted, call me new.

Coach
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I had my system done by WFS this last December and I am very happy. You can see the work here
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2264

riverbound
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I had my system done by WFS this last December and I am very happy. You can see the work here
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2264
Looks loud!! :) What is that in the middle on the tower mounted speakers, its kind of hard to make out on my computer?
Completely off topic question for you......what is the benefit of that particular hull design? We have 3 tourney boats and I have wondered what the difference that hull design makes.

thmper321
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Mike Vu Hasn't worked for Al & Ed's for quite some time. He actuallyy worked for Alpine then started his own shop in Westminster. The othe Al & Eds shop that were listed were not in the inland Empire. I agree that the Al&Eds in Thousand Oaks is a good shop. I also would have to support the claim that The Audio Shoppe is also a top shop in the inland empire as well as Wired for Sound. I'm in the Audio industry and sell car audio to all shops south of the 210 and can say for a fact that these three shops would be the best to take a boat to for a sound system. One would sell you Arc or Memphis, one would sell you Kicker and the other would more than likely Alpine. All brands are perfectly good brands for a boat system. I don't think any one shop actually dominates the lake and yes it is a bold statement but if you work for any of these shops then you would be more than willing to boast about them. Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe knows what he is doing and is one of the best installers in Southern California. I know many good installers in Southern California and he would be in my top 10. Chris Yato, Mike Vu and Steve Brown would be at the top of my list. Maybe I'm biased from my days at Alpine.

Coach
04-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Looks loud!! :) What is that in the middle on the tower mounted speakers, its kind of hard to make out on my computer?
Completely off topic question for you......what is the benefit of that particular hull design? We have 3 tourney boats and I have wondered what the difference that hull design makes.
It is loud, very loud. The middle of the Wetsounds 485 is a HCLD Tweeter. All three of the tower speakers are HCLD just the 485 does a better job of seperating and "throwing" the music a distance over the Pro 80's on the outside which have more spill over into the boat. At 80 feet you can clearly hear your tunes while riding.
As for the Hull design it is a V bottom. It is a Tige 22Ve hull that has been motified above the wetting surface (think of it as a body kit) The pickle fork front just opens up the bow area and gives you more room inside the boat. The bow is very functional in this boat and I can fit 2 adults up there with out them complaining how cramped it is. No affect on the wake.

riverbound
04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Mike Vu got the offer with Alpine after receiving the Top installer recognition (look at the date of the article ;) ) The "Other" Al&Eds listed is actually the location of the corp. office (you should know that since you are a rep ;) ) Due to being a corporation they would use the location of the corp office instead (considering it was recognition for a chain).....but if you were really to look into it the corp office is not a shop it is a warehouse/distribution center for the chain.
I agree with some of your claims, but you are telling me that the opinion of 1 person in the industry means more than the entire industry collectively??? If you look at the list, it puts the best installers (per the voice of the collective indsutry) right there in black and white. Now guys slike Steve Brown, chris yato, Mike vu, Dave Rivera, and many more are in a leaugue of their own and due to that a normal everday Joe Schmoe can not walk off the street and have work done by these guys.
Mike Vu Hasn't worked for Al & Ed's for quite some time. He actuallyy worked for Alpine then started his own shop in Westminster. The othe Al & Eds shop that were listed were not in the inland Empire. I agree that the Al&Eds in Thousand Oaks is a good shop. I also would have to support the claim that The Audio Shoppe is also a top shop in the inland empire as well as Wired for Sound. I'm in the Audio industry and sell car audio to all shops south of the 210 and can say for a fact that these three shops would be the best to take a boat to for a sound system. One would sell you Arc or Memphis, one would sell you Kicker and the other would more than likely Alpine. All brands are perfectly good brands for a boat system. I don't think any one shop actually dominates the lake and yes it is a bold statement but if you work for any of these shops then you would be more than willing to boast about them. Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe knows what he is doing and is one of the best installers in Southern California. I know many good installers in Southern California and he would be in my top 10. Chris Yato, Mike Vu and Steve Brown would be at the top of my list. Maybe I'm biased from my days at Alpine.

thmper321
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Mike Vu got the offer with Alpine after receiving the Top installer recognition (look at the date of the article ;) ) The "Other" Al&Eds listed is actually the location of the corp. office (you should know that since you are a rep ;) ) Due to being a corporation they would use the location of the corp office instead (considering it was recognition for a chain).....but if you were really to look into it the corp office is not a shop it is a warehouse/distribution center for the chain.
I agree with some of your claims, but you are telling me that the opinion of 1 person in the industry means more than the entire industry collectively??? If you look at the list, it puts the best installers (per the voice of the collective indsutry) right there in black and white. Now guys slike Steve Brown, chris yato, Mike vu, Dave Rivera, and many more are in a leaugue of their own and due to that a normal everday Joe Schmoe can not walk off the street and have work done by these guys.
Yes, I am one person in the industry but I do talk with other reps and we do talk about the shops that we sell to. I don't want to get into a debate on the best shop in Southern California or the inland empire for that reason, because as it seems this could go on forever. Thats why I mentioned what I feel are the best "shops" in the ie for any work to be done. I did know that they were talking about Al&Eds corporate, I know Mike Vu personally and know that he was their corporate installer before working at Alpine.
If I were to recommend an installer out of all these shops to work with Steve Brown, whom I'm leaving to the river with today, or Chris Yato I would recommend Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe. I have worked along side these guys on demo cars and know what they look for. Ronnie is not just a normal everyday Joe Schmoe.
So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't rely on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.

thmper321
04-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes, I am one person in the industry but I do talk with other reps and we do talk about the shops that we sell to. I don't want to get into a debate on the best shop in Southern California or the inland empire for that reason, because as it seems this could go on forever. Thats why I mentioned what I feel are the best "shops" in the ie for any work to be done. I did know that they were talking about Al&Eds corporate, I know Mike Vu personally and know that he was their corporate installer before working at Alpine.
If I were to recommend an installer out of all these shops to work with Steve Brown, whom I'm leaving to the river with today, or Chris Yato I would recommend Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe. I have worked along side these guys on demo cars and know what they look for. Ronnie is not just a normal everyday Joe Schmoe.
So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't relay on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.

mbrown2
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't rely on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.
Good post....good unbiased advise.