PDA

View Full Version : What about the Don Imus Comments...?

HammerDown
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Should he be...
1)fired
2)resign
3)spend a week at Disney and let it blow over
Your thoughts...and feel free to add more options.

LAND_LOVER69
04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Give him a raise! :D
And tell Al Sharpton to have a Coke and smile and shut the fock up!
:D :D :D

ratso
04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I watch him in the morning when I have time... heard those comments and was like "Damn, I can't believe I just heard that!" I do like to listen to him and at times I think his comments are really crude about certain people, but he spreads the warmth equally...;) If Carlos Mencia said it, then it would probably have been okay, but if you're white, you have all these other unwritten laws about who you can or can't comment about. He said it, he apologized...but Sharpton and a whole slew of other jerk-offs won't be happy until he loses his job. http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

edog_103
04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't think his comments are bad at all. If he was any other race it would have been ok, and we wouldn't have heard another word about it. Like they said on bubba this afternoon. It's just the pussification of the US. We are to worried about being Politically Correct.

BajaMike
04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Fire him!
I can’t stand that bigoted, bloated, big headed, boring, bag of old bones. He’s not interesting, not funny and very scary to look at.
His apology was actually even worse…..”we even eat dinner with the black kids at my ranch……”. Wow, that's really big of him. What a condescending ass-hole…..:mad:
:idea:

Phat Matt
04-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Who hasn't been called "nappy-headed hos"? :)

racecar.hotshoe
04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I think what he said was very wrong.How ever I am sick of everytime something like this happens ol Rev Al and Jessy Jackson have got to get there 15 min of fame.

3 daytona`s
04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Everyone knows what he is,if you do not want to hear a theme-do not go there.I have been traveling all day and listening to talk radio for this subject alone.I am so much more offended by the two who call them Revrend`s the minute any controversy appears they are in the middle of it,stirring shit.Jesse and Al are IMO nothing more than sickening troublemakers.I would love to see their tax forms how do they get paid and who pays them. Al Sharpton is offended by Imus calling girls Ho`s , are you nuts? Rap music is using that as their platform either in song or video. The Reverend`s are seriously confused and might be better off taking on the music industry. Just watch any time there id a controversy anywhere in the world that contains Blacks, just watch they will be there.to just stirr trouble.:(

Wheeler
04-09-2007, 04:17 PM
For giving Jackson and Sharpton, another soap box to stand on!

OCMerrill
04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I think what he said was very wrong.How ever I am sick of everytime something like this happens ol Rev Al and Jessy Jackson have got to get there 15 min of fame.
This is right on for me.
They just lie in wait....then bam their on TV in like 10 min. talking up like its 1950. What a joke. Then its were going to sue this and sue that. It's only about money now.
IMUS is an ass...So what. A two week suspension will kill the show. They all know it. Advertisers will pull, he will loose affiliates as well.
Maybe CBS wanted out of thier contract anyway.:eek: :confused:

brianwhiteboy
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't listen to the guy so I could give a sh_t less about him. But really, how are his comments any worse than what all the cRAP artists say about there own people? It's just another reason for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to gripe about something! :devil:
CNN is reporting that his show will be taken off the air for two weeks starting April 16.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/09/imus/index.html

BajaMike
04-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Never new that....
From Wikipedia:
John Donald Imus, Jr. (born July 23, 1940) is an American radio talk show host, best known for his sarcasm and harsh language. His popular radio show, Imus in the Morning, airs daily.
Imus was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1989. In 2002, Talkers magazine ranked Imus as one of the greatest radio talk show hosts of all time.
Imus maintains three residences, one in Manhattan, another in Westport, Connecticut, and one in Ribera, New Mexico.
Don Imus was born in Riverside, California. His father was an alcoholic and his family moved around the American Southwest a great deal. In high school, he was impeached as class president for behaving like a dictator. His parents finally separated during this time after multiple affairs occured.
Imus served in the Marine Corps from 1957–1959. According to an interview in Vanity Fair, he dropped out of school while living in Prescott, Arizona and joined the Marines, transferring from an artillery unit to play the bugle in the Drum and Bugle Corps. According to the article, Imus received an honorable discharge, despite an incident, when he and a friend stole the stars off a general's jeep and put them on their own vehicle.
Imus subsequently had a series of unsuccessful jobs as a miner, gas station attendant, railway brakeman and aspiring rock star.
:idea:

rivrrts429
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Its all a big ploy for who can get ratings. Imus asks Sharpton to come on his show and Sharpton declines. Sharpton says you can come on my show and as soon as Imus shows Sharpton has every media outlet there so he can be in the papers. Frankly I don't think any of it matters. Don Imus has barely a listening audience and what the hell does Al Sharpton do?? I have no idea what Sharpton does or how he gets his money and I'm sick of him making everything a white vs. black issue. Imus said something that reflected his feelings and not the majority and now Sharpton & Jackson are going to use this to make it something its not! But who do you think it is going to benefit in the end..............??? THEMSELVES $$$$. Not sure if any of you remember months back when those three white girls were beat up by the group of black teenagers in Long Beach, CA but the two guys who "champion racial justice" (Sharpton/Jackson) never commented or discussed what took place. Funny how people can be so one sided when they want to be. I have nothing against any of these people I just want to make sure that everyone is held accountable equally. Sorry for the rant but this topic just struck me the wrong way:mad:

BajaMike
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
MSNBC Suspension
Brian Williams announced on the April 9, 2007 broadcast of the NBC Nightly News that Imus will not be simulcasted on MSNBC beginning on April 16, 2007 for two weeks as a result of comments made about the Rutgers Women's Basketball team on the show. Imus has requested a meeting between him and the team.
:D

3 daytona`s
04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Its all a big ploy for who can get ratings. Imus asks Sharpton to come on his show and Sharpton declines. Sharpton says you can come on my show and as soon as Imus shows Sharpton has every media outlet there so he can be in the papers. Frankly I don't think any of it matters. Don Imus has barely a listening audience and what the hell does Al Sharpton do?? I have no idea what Sharpton does or how he gets his money and I'm sick of him making everything a white vs. black issue. Imus said something that reflected his feelings and not the majority and now Sharpton & Jackson are going to use this to make it something its not! But who do you think it is going to benefit in the end..............??? THEMSELVES $$$$. Not sure if any of you remember months back when those three white girls were beat up by the group of black teenagers in Long Beach, CA but the two guys who "champion racial justice" (Sharpton/Jackson) never commented or discussed what took place. Funny how people can be so one sided when they want to be. I have nothing against any of these people I just want to make sure that everyone is held accountable equally. Sorry for the rant but this topic just struck me the wrong way:mad:
Now just keep reading your comic books,and drinking cool-aid

rivrrts429
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Now just keep reading your comic books,and drinking cool-aid
:confused:

Phat Matt
04-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Maybe the Revs should get a hold of this chick. I bet her kids are going to turn out great. ;)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=134689081

LAND_LOVER69
04-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Maybe the Revs should get a hold of this chick. I bet her kids are going to turn out great. ;)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=134689081
Fo shizzel dizzel! :D
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fatboy95
04-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Who hasn't been called "nappy-headed hos"? :)
Go to the rutgers website and check out the photos. Imus was right on. Now it is time for the Al and Jesse show to bring racism to another level.

ratso
04-10-2007, 05:59 AM
I was watching Sharpton this morning, about like talking to a freakin' wall... I wish somebody would knock his teeth down his friggin' throat to shut him the fukk up!http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

OKIE-JET
04-10-2007, 06:13 AM
I was watching Sharpton this morning, about like talking to a freakin' wall... I wish somebody would knock his teeth down his friggin' throat to shut him the fukk up!http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif
Didnt notice any caps, but if he did, would he then shit gold nuggets?:D

Trailer Park Casanova
04-10-2007, 09:24 AM
He was only on in a few radio markets.
His show will probably fold because it was based on political, business, publishing, and show biz movers and shakers making appearances, and now they won't.
Sponsors will jump ship too.
His wife Diedre will probably leave him in 6 to 12 months I'd be willing to wager, and her book crapping on him will be out a short time after.

77Woodbridge
04-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm black and it really didn't get my attention. I see the hypocracy of going after this asshat while giving rappers a pass - IMHO this should be the argument. On the other hand most of the guys that I work with are 2nd generation Italians and they were besides themselves this morning. They have personally endured blatant discrimination and racism and felt that anyone with his stature should be fired. I have only lived in this part of the country for 1.5 years and it blew me away to see people that I loosely considered "white" to say that they were victims of racism and to be so pained by what they deemed racist statements (they say that the Swedes, were the choosen race). It never occurred to me that anyone other than the stereotypical "minorities" experienced racism in the last 20 years. I personally don't believe that he should be fired. The market will decide his future.

SummitKarl
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
who knows how it's going to turn out, but the media is all over this like a Hot Boat lynch mob:D :D

ratso
04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
who knows how it's going to turn out, but the media is all over this like a Hot Boat lynch mob:D :D
...or like a bunch of nappy headed hos.:jawdrop: