PDA

View Full Version : Project update

BrendellaJet
04-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Thrashing to get my boat on the water this summer. Here are some of the things I've got going on:
Trimmed rail to make room for starter-
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rigging_006.jpg
Bracket for water pressure regulator. Stole this idea from RCB19!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rigging_002.jpg
Alternator & ignition mount-plate still needs polishing...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rigging_003.jpg

pw_Tony
04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
That direct drive Alternator set up looks shibby! Where'd yah get the valve covers?

daddy b
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice..... gonna be a looooong hhhhoooottt summer, better hurry!:D :D :)

BrendellaJet
04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
That direct drive Alternator set up looks shibby! Where'd yah get the valve covers?
LOL, I dont know what shibby means...hopefully a compliment. Still needs some finish detail, maybe this weekend.
Valve covers came from DNE. Im not sure where he gets them. They are very nice though.

MudPumper
04-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Lookin good Brendella. That Reg mount looks nice.

LGCDEVIL
04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Got any pics looking straight down on that alt. setup?

BrendellaJet
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Got any pics looking straight down on that alt. setup?
Not right now, but if I did you would see a coupler from Rex.
Its a delco alternator, they dont make the coupler to fit, so I had my dad make the changes as I encountered each problem. If you buy the alternator that Rex sells it should be a perfect fit.
One thing I didn't realize is that the alternator takes up some valuable space if you run a backseat. Fortunately my fromt seats are all laidback style so I cant fit a back seat anyways.
Ill try to get a pick up so you can check it out.

RCB19
04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
That's it! I'm turnin you in for stealing my patents. Looks nice BJ. Hope to see it at the riv this year.

v-drive
04-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Lookin good Brian, you and your brother both do good work. If you want I can cut a radius on the corners of the alt. plate. It doesn't look shibby but it does look lethal. What the hell is shibby?
v-drive(aka)pop....:D :coffeycup :coffeycup

BrendellaJet
04-10-2007, 05:34 AM
Lookin good Brian, you and your brother both do good work. If you want I can cut a radius on the corners of the alt. plate. It doesn't look shibby but it does look lethal. What the hell is shibby?
Thanks, I'll use a file.:D

Squirtcha?
04-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Very nice work. I especially like this piece. Looks factory.
I also like the way you incorporated the alternator mount
with the bracket for the MSD. Nice n clean and it'll look great
with radiused corners and all polished up pretty like this piece.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rigging_002.jpg

BrendellaJet
04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Squirtcha?;2493161]Very nice work. I especially like this piece. Looks factory.
I also like the way you incorporated the alternator mount
with the bracket for the MSD. Nice n clean and it'll look great
with radiused corners and all polished up pretty like this piece.
Thanks for the compliment Dan.
The alt mount will look really nice when done. Im just getting lazy. Tired of polishing. I bought dropped materials at my supplier cuz they were cheaper, no I just have to figure out how to get the gouges out of it.:mad:

LuckyDaze
04-10-2007, 04:24 PM
looks good, Im in a mad dash to get my boat ready but I have a little bit more work than you do.... Heres my example.... :( I think I may have trimmed a little too much fat off of her....
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/BriGuy8679/MiscPictures009.jpg
~Brian
P.s. Anyone got some oars and oar locks I can borrow for the summer? :D

patrolman808
04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Don't the direct drive alternators not spin fast enough to charge the battery good enough? Seems like with the usual belt/pulley the alternator is being driven atleast twice as fast as the crank pulley.

BrendellaJet
04-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't the direct drive alternators not spin fast enough to charge the battery good enough? Seems like with the usual belt/pulley the alternator is being driven atleast twice as fast as the crank pulley.
Cars at speed run 1800-2500 rpm...So the alternator is running3600-5000 rpm. This alternator before on a belt setup was running 17 plus volts at speed, so I figure it will do alright. If it doesn't, Ill just have to put some more foot in it...:D

MikeF
04-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Looks great Brian!:)
One thing though....which I'm not sure about. Will the magnetic waves from the alt create any havoc w/ the ign box?

BrendellaJet
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
One thing though....which I'm not sure about. Will the magnetic waves from the alt create any havoc w/ the ign box?
How the heck am I supposed to know that?:( :D

Bow Tie Omega
04-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Stop gossiping and start working biotch!. Oh by the way, did I tell you the BTO was in the water on Sunday:D I should take it out this weekend and call you again from the water just to piss you off and get you working on that thing:D Nice work B.

oldshallett
04-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey brendella jet, is your boat all white? I think ive seen it driving down sklar st. a couple times

pw_Tony
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Shibby= Bad ass, cool, totally sick. Sorry you should watch some more MTV:)

BrendellaJet
04-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Hey brendella jet, is your boat all white? I think ive seen it driving down sklar st. a couple times
Yep, thats the one.

BrendellaJet
04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Stop gossiping and start working biotch!. Oh by the way, did I tell you the BTO was in the water on Sunday:D I should take it out this weekend and call you again from the water just to piss you off and get you working on that thing:D Nice work B.
Taking your boat out with one wooden seat and bojacked rigging doesn't count. My boat will be done & turn key with seating for the whole family before yours!:D
Oh yeah, you have to successfully return to the marina under your own power too before you are successfully "on the water".:)

BrendellaJet
04-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Got the goods on this-there is no known problems with the way I have the alternator & ignition set up. Goods News!

BrendellaJet
04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
looks good, Im in a mad dash to get my boat ready but I have a little bit more work than you do.... Heres my example.... :( I think I may have trimmed a little too much fat off of her....
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/BriGuy8679/MiscPictures009.jpg
~Brian
P.s. Anyone got some oars and oar locks I can borrow for the summer? :D
LOL, I was there not too long ago. At the start of the year my boat had nothing but the intake installed. Get your ass in gear and it will get done.:D

Bow Tie Omega
04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Taking your boat out with one wooden seat and bojacked rigging doesn't count. My boat will be done & turn key with seating for the whole family before yours!:D
Oh yeah, you have to successfully return to the marina under your own power too before you are successfully "on the water".:)
Coming from someone who can not even crank his motor over yet, that is some big talk, you can not even get a rear bench in that thing:D Where is Nate going to sit, on your shoulders:D Keep having Michele tow you around the block so you pretend to be on the water. Well, you better get on it, I have two upholstery shops ready to take my boat now and they can have it done in 3 weeks. Call me dude

v-drive
04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Coming from someone who can not even crank his motor over yet, that is some big talk, you can not even get a rear bench in that thing:D Where is Nate going to sit, on your shoulders:D Keep having Michele tow you around the block so you pretend to be on the water. Well, you better get on it, I have two upholstery shops ready to take my boat now and they can have it done in 3 weeks. Call me dude
Yeah they'll do it, but you called me this morning to have me convince your wife that it's a good deal. Let me see, I think I feel some power in my hands.
:D v-drive