PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Here Bought a Train Horn?

burtandnancy2
04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Gonna start with that first, need some recommendations. Also, does it work to run it off the built in motorhome air system? Can't see buying a second compressor and tank if its only redundant...

Jordy
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg
:D :D :D

1manshow
04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Gonna start with that first, need some recommendations. Also, does it work to run it off the built in motorhome air system? Can't see buying a second compressor and tank if its only redundant...
Are you in so cal?

racecar.hotshoe
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I put one on the Indycar transporter and had a blast with it.

ryantparks
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
they are illegal to put on your car. I want one! I ve seen them advertised on e-bay.

racecar.hotshoe
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
they are illegal to put on your car. I want one! I ve seen them advertised on e-bay.
There not legal in anything there just fun.

soupersonic
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=42

ryantparks
04-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Let me say this, they are not illegal to have they are only illegal if you get caught using it. I still want one for my f-250

HM
04-09-2007, 07:50 PM
where is boatsnblondes? He is a real fan of train horns in cars, especially if you tag a pit in the process. :D

brad22
04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Dude!! My boss has one and I fuc%kin love that thing. Im trying to buy it off him and put it on my truck. So freakin loud its unbelievable. This is a real one off a real train with a huge compressor and air tank, not some corny electric 150db BS. I will find out who makes (or made) it and let you know.

racecar.hotshoe
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
http://trainhorns.net/5chime.jpg

racecar.hotshoe
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
here is where I got mine.
http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/train/train.html
http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/images/jepg/3000D_250.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
The guy that stays a few spaces down from us at the river has one. I don't see how it would be illegal though. He always honks it at the cops in the park.

707dog
04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
theres a guy out here with a x-star with one of those friggin things on his tower and holly chit it will fokin make you jump when he lets it rip..it has 3 horns in a bundle........

burtandnancy2
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
1Manshow, yes, SoCal, Rancho Cucumonga to be exact. Got a lead?

Magic34
04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
You can T it off of the tank you already have.
I was going to put one on my 4500 which already had a tank under it for the sink. We were going to T off of 1 line to the horn.
Sold the truck before installing the horn, but had it all figured out.

RT21
04-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Technically, trains don't have horns. They have whistles. :)

mobldj
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
call a guy named mike at auto accessory warehouse in san bernadino.909-824-1920.gets his from mac springs and they are f.n loud.

boatsnblondes
04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Lots of fun..yes...I guess...until you blow it and startle someone right off the road..not legal in ANY street vehicle, for any reason...blow it at the wrong person, one with no sense of humor about them, LIKE ME, and watch your legs get broken with a baseball bat. Train horns can and WILL cause permanent hearing loss.....but what do you guys care, it's fun, right? I wonder if it will still be fun when the first verified fatality due to someone being scared shitless and losing control of the car happens?? Seems to me, that a lot of you guys, never think of the other person, just yourselves and what fun it is to light someone up and scare them to death....great statement about you, huh??
BTW, I CAN talk about this, because I use one all day long....half the day with earplugs in, the other half inn a soundproof engine cab. Thats right, I'm an engineer....I hate them...you should too...

Sleek-Jet
04-10-2007, 03:30 AM
... because I sit and blow one all day long ...
:eek:
:D

TexasChopper
04-10-2007, 04:09 AM
http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=42
this is going to be your best bet. Call or email these guys. They are very helpful

boatsnblondes
04-10-2007, 04:14 AM
:eek:
Fixed, thanks....:D

GRUNION
04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
here is where I got mine.
http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/train/train.html
I sell that same set at my store for 174.95 And I could do a little better if somone on here wants them.

Jbb
04-10-2007, 04:59 AM
blow it at the wrong person, one with no sense of humor about them, LIKE ME, and watch your legs get broken with a baseball bat. ...
Threats are a violation of ***boat forum policy....:jawdrop:

ratso
04-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Threats are a violation of ***boat forum policy....:jawdrop:
...ever since the bar room brawl between you and Brown? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jbb
04-10-2007, 06:13 AM
...ever since the bar room brawl between you and Brown? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Chicks dig scars....:p
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28386&stc=1&d=1176214646
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28386&stc=1&d=1176214646

burtandnancy2
04-10-2007, 07:23 AM
boatsnblonds, I appreciate what you say, but too much AA Fueler will deafen you as well, and of course we understand they are illeagle (so are wetbacks). But there are occasions such as I mentioned above about the (other) people who would just as soon keep you awake all nite with their choice in music(?) or the person who sits thru a green lite in front of you with a phone up to their ear. Its just one of those necessary things I want. I can't see doing what is shown in the video of cruising the streets and scareing people (but I sure laughed at that). Jumping on the phone now and calling some of the referrals...

HM
04-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Lots of fun..yes...I guess...until you blow it and startle someone right off the road..not legal in ANY street vehicle, for any reason...blow it at the wrong person, one with no sense of humor about them, LIKE ME, and watch your legs get broken with a baseball bat. Train horns can and WILL cause permanent hearing loss.....but what do you guys care, it's fun, right? I wonder if it will still be fun when the first verified fatality due to someone being scared shitless and losing control of the car happens?? Seems to me, that a lot of you guys, never think of the other person, just yourselves and what fun it is to light someone up and scare them to death....great statement about you, huh??
BTW, I CAN talk about this, because I use one all day long....half the day with earplugs in, the other half inn a soundproof engine cab. Thats right, I'm an engineer....I hate them...you should too...
And exactly how many die as a result of train horns every year?
Probably much less than the number of Pits that get tagged by trains. Actuallly, I have never heard of any deaths from train horn incidents....how many people die each year in train related deaths? I could be like a liberal and demand that trains be banned, except for the purpose of getting a good tag on a pit.
I have been startled by a train horn in a vehicle, and I thought it was funnier than shiat!!! Also, a fireman buddy startled me with one of those buzzer type horns and I fell over in the street...again...it was a riot! But then, I am not an over-sensitive azzhole who enjoys killing dogs as a fringe benefit of my job.
You know, back in the day, we had "tribal drums." But now, we gather up the ramp and the shark. :D

Jordy
04-10-2007, 07:26 AM
I sell that same set at my store for 174.95 And I could do a little better if somone on here wants them.
Hmmm, we might have to have a talk. :D :D :D

HM
04-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Hmmm, we might have to have a talk. :D :D :D
You murderer!!!!
(I am just saying that in advance so I can say "BnB warned you of the eeeevales of the train horn.")

Jordy
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
You murderer!!!!
(I am just saying that in advance so I can say "BnB warned you of the eeeevales of the train horn.")
Look here you mini Oompa Loompa, I'm so far ahead of you in this thread. Take a gander at the second post. Mention train horn and you know it's going to be good, hence the popcorn. ;) :D

racecar.hotshoe
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
You can T it off of the tank you already have.
I was going to put one on my 4500 which already had a tank under it for the sink. We were going to T off of 1 line to the horn.
Sold the truck before installing the horn, but had it all figured out.
Be careful they use alot of air so if you do this watch your gauges.

HM
Look here you mini Oompa Loompa, I'm so far ahead of you in this thread. Take a gander at the second post. Mention train horn and you know it's going to be good, hence the popcorn. ;) :D
I am tired of the plain old buttered popcorn. I am ready some kettle corn!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :D

burtandnancy2
grunion, just called Hornblasters and they quoted me $999 for a Nathan K3 and $1699 for a Nathan K5. What have you got for $174.95 and how close to the sound of the Nathans are yours?...

riverbound
04-10-2007, 07:46 AM
BNB...you seem to be back to your old ways, which you posted in your multiple apologies were out of character for you ;)
I would say a good % of people this day and age drive around armed (sad to say, but must likely true). :( so I am going to go out on a limb and say just as the average jerk off blaring the horn at the wrong person might get him/herself in trouble blasting the wrong person.....you are MUCH more likely to get your self in a predicament where you are literaly bringing a bat to a gun fight. And least I checked us humans are not bulletproof ;) The other thing Im gonna goout on a limb and guess at is, you probably are not big enough or well trained enough to make such a blanket statement that you can physicaly harm ANYone who blares a horn at you ;) My best advice to you would be to cut the tough guy routine, express why you dislike them and move on.......trying to threaten people physical harm on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded.

edog_103
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Anybody got a line on a fog horn?

Jordy
04-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm putting them in my boat. Everyone should have a set.
That thought crossed my mind as we were going across the lake the other day and watching all the people who have no idea about basic boating rules, such as lake rotation, or the guys on the sea doos who think it's going to be a good idea to cut in front of a big boat that's doing 70. Hmmm.... :idea: :eek: :jawdrop: :D

riverbound
04-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Man, humor and B&B don't go together. I'd love to be at a train crossing and honk my train horn at the train that's passing. I suppose going in a straight line on an anal schedule with no personal control could make you like that.
I'm putting them in my boat. Everyone should have a set. And why would they be illegal? Just a horn. Maybe the guy with the choo choo train just doesn't want any one else in his sandbox?
they exceed the legal db limit for a horn....hence the lagal issue with them.

Jordy
04-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Anybody got a line on a fog horn?
http://www.petcaretips.net/foghorn_henery.jpg

Jbb
04-10-2007, 07:54 AM
http://www.petcaretips.net/foghorn_henery.jpg
Boy.....I say Boy....Why do ya do me like ya do do do...:D

HM
04-10-2007, 07:58 AM
they exceed the legal db limit for a horn....hence the lagal issue with them.
And so do most our boats.....sounds like a perfect...for the Marina! When the guy is sound testing someone, blow your air horn and watch him fall in the water!!!

LAND_LOVER69
04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I am tired of the plain old buttered popcorn. I am ready some kettle corn!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :D
http://www.grahamdavies.net/files/images/Snyder-Kettle.jpg

riverbound
04-10-2007, 08:04 AM
And so do most our boats.....sounds like a perfect...for the Marina! When the guy is sound testing someone, blow your air horn and watch him fall in the water!!!
Im the last person to talk to about doing things illegal on vehicles.....lifts, tint, exhaust, etc.... I dont think I have EVER owned a "legal" vehicle. And the new truck shows that ;)

boatsnblondes
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
BNB...you seem to be back to your old ways, which you posted in your multiple apologies were out of character for you ;)
I would say a good % of people this day and age drive around armed (sad to say, but must likely true). :( so I am going to go out on a limb and say just as the average jerk off blaring the horn at the wrong person might get him/herself in trouble blasting the wrong person.....you are MUCH more likely to get your self in a predicament where you are literaly bringing a bat to a gun fight. And least I checked us humans are not bulletproof ;) The other thing Im gonna goout on a limb and guess at is, you probably are not big enough or well trained enough to make such a blanket statement that you can physicaly harm ANYone who blares a horn at you ;) My best advice to you would be to cut the tough guy routine, express why you dislike them and move on.......trying to threaten people physical harm on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded.
Heh...I like it how I'm the one with the problem here, and yet you guys are ouot blowing people eardrums out for fun and games. Some old lady? No problem. Some kid? Get him. You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves, your own brand of fun, and who you hurt in the process of your fun doesn't matter. I guess your indicative of this "me" generation going on these days. Good for you. I see first hand everyday how loud they are, and how much they startle people. THey are not toys guys, no matter what you say or think, they are way too loud. I use mine as a tool and only when I have to. When I use it, it's to say "I'm here, pay attention"...you guys have no use...someone on a cell phone? So what? Your in that much of a hurry? Or you just want a chance to to show off a little? Either way, it's pathetic.
As for that fat little oompa loompa bastard:D , for the record, I said I HATE running over dogs, and cats also. I do anything I can to try to prevent it.
With the following exceptions.
1. Pitbulls
2. Coyotes
I don't hit either one enough that it matters. I can't remember the last time I hit a dog, I blew the horn and he took off. Good boy. But I leave a trail of dead squirrels, rabbits, and birds from here to Bakersfield every day. And as far as a verified fatality from being startled by a trainhorn?? No idea, but I bet it's coming.
Lastly, as far as me being able to do something about it, hey, it may be a thing that never happens...but someday, your gonna blow the thing at the wrong guy, and get your bell rung. I have not met one person who says he doesn't mind the things. So, there ya have it. I look at them as being the ultimate sign of a true azzhole. Someone only concerned with his own fun, no matter what. Good for you guys. Enjoy.

spectras only
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Burt , I had a real train horn of a diesel loco in the late 70's . It needs 120 lbs pressure for continuous blasts .A small 12v compressor and a 10 Gal portable tank works fine for short blasts .I gave the horn to a friend of mine who mounted it on his WWII 72' mine-sweeper . It was cool to see people's faces when we pulled in towards a marina , they thought a ferry was coming by :D
No eardrums were blown at anytime we used it , hehe .

HM
04-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Heh...I like it how I'm the one with the problem here, and yet you guys are ouot blowing people eardrums out for fun and games. Some old lady? No problem. Some kid? Get him. You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves, your own brand of fun, and who you hurt in the process of your fun doesn't matter. I guess your indicative of this "me" generation going on these days. Good for you. I see first hand everyday how loud they are, and how much they startle people. THey are not toys guys, no matter what you say or think, they are way too loud. I use mine as a tool and only when I have to. When I use it, it's to say "I'm here, pay attention"...you guys have no use...someone on a cell phone? So what? Your in that much of a hurry? Or you just want a chance to to show off a little? Either way, it's pathetic.
As for that fat little oompa loompa bastard:D , for the record, I said I HATE running over dogs, and cats also. I do anything I can to try to prevent it.
1. Pitbulls
2. Coyotes
I don't hit either one enough that it matters. I can't remember the last time I hot a dog, I blew the horn and he took off. Good boy. But I leave a trail of dead squirrels, rabbits, and birds from here to Bakersfield every day. And as far as a verified fatality from being startled by a trainhorn?? No idea, but I bet it's coming.
Lastly, as far as me being able to do something about it, hey, it may be a thing that never happens...but someday, your gonna blow the thing at the wrong guy, and get your bell rung. I have not met one person who says he doesn't mind the things. So, there ya have it. I look at them as being the ultimate sign of a true azzhole. Someone only concerned with his own fun, no matter what. Good for you guys. Enjoy.
Are you upping the ante to two sharks? :D

superdave013
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Burt, I liked your tear gas idea better. :)

Jbb
04-10-2007, 08:42 AM
you guys are out blowing people eardrums out for fun and games. Some old lady? No problem. Some kid? Get him. You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves, your own brand of fun, and who you hurt in the process of your fun doesn't matter.
When I use it, it's to say "I'm here, pay attention"...
it's pathetic.
fat little oompa loompa bastard
get your bell rung.
the ultimate sign of a true azzhole.
Enjoy.
:p

HM
04-10-2007, 08:55 AM
:p
Why you always got to be running your mouth?

Baja Big Dog
04-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Well here we go again, I normally don't respond to BnB's comments here, he seems an angry man, with some very stiff opinions, which by law and human nature he is entitled to.
But he has now threatened me personally, as I have a train "whistle" on my truck and have had one for many years. I drive in area's where a lot of people that don't have to take an I.Q. test to obtain a drivers licence. (Garden Grove, Westminister, Santa Ana etc) and I have found the only way to obtain some of these peoples attention is to advise them they have screwed up while operating a 6,000 pound "weapon" aimed at me is to make some noise. I found no better way to make that noise than with my trusty train "whistle". Although I know that I'm not trained the the safe operation of said horn I still find very useful in the day to day piloting of my vehicle.
I will assure you this my friend, I have hurt far less people with my train "whistle" than you probably have with your might fists of anger . You are "going to break my legs with a baseball bat"! Where the hell does that come from? You don't know me, how can you say your gonna break my legs with a baseball bat?
I think a little anger management is in order, or maybe a dick extension!!!
Maybe driving a big train has given you a false feeling of power? I don't know, I do now that you need help, Id get some soon, we like having you around for your input, but hate to here of your demise for attempting to break the wrong persons legs!!!
By the way, I drive a big white F350 crew cab, feel free at any time to cut me off on the road and I will introduce you to my "little friends".
Oh yea one more thing, to quote a famous Dundee comment..."don't bring a gun to a knife fight".:jawdrop:

Jbb
04-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Why you always got to be running your mouth?
:jawdrop:

Jbb
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
. You are "going to break my legs with a baseball bat"! Where the hell does that come from? You don't know me, how can you say your gonna break my legs with a baseball bat?
You can break RD'S wrist ....with a water baloon....:D
It's so easy....a child could do it....:p

HM
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
:jawdrop:
I have killed a man for less. albeit, with a blast from a train horn in an attempt to satisfy my selfish pain inflicting humor. YOU'RE ON NOTICE.

Jbb
04-10-2007, 09:09 AM
I have killed a man for less. albeit, with a blast from a train horn in an attempt to satisfy my selfish pain inflicting humor. YOU'RE ON NOTICE.
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

abraman1326
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM
My dad has a set on his semi. He just runs it off of the onboard compressor. You should be fine w/ the one you have onboard. Good luck...
BRA

HM
04-10-2007, 09:12 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:
You keep that shit up, Brown will soon be in here with a sack full of bran muffins!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sherpa
04-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I bought a brand new, Nathan Airchime P5 horn off ebay about 3 years ago.
never mounted, only tested.... loud..... real, real loud.....
it's awaiting completion of my jeep project.....
--Sherpa

HM
04-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Grunion...we are waiting on the $149 horn dealio details. For that $$, I could put one on my golf cart!!!

racecar.hotshoe
04-10-2007, 09:17 AM
You keep that shit up, Brown will soon be in here with a sack full of bran muffins!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
So now Browns the muffin man thats some funny shit.:D

Ziggy
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Revenge is sweet :D:D:D:D
Hope no one decides to have revenge on you :eek:

707dog
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
well with all the :devil: being thrown out here on this thread..whos buying a train horn/whistle/chime what ever ya wanna call the chit?? is it for the truck or boat????

Baja Big Dog
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
well with all the :devil: being thrown out here on this thread..whos buying a train horn/whistle/chime what ever ya wanna call the chit?? is it for the truck or boat????
Ive got one mounted on wheels with a C02 bottle, its a real crowd pleas-er, sounds great in the gorge.

riverbound
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
1. Pitbulls
2. Coyotes
I don't hit either one enough that it matters. I can't remember the last time I hit a dog, I blew the horn and he took off. Good boy. But I leave a trail of dead squirrels, rabbits, and birds from here to Bakersfield every day. And as far as a verified fatality from being startled by a trainhorn?? No idea, but I bet it's coming.
Much better now that you took the internet tough guy act out of your post ;)
shouldnt you be down in the spam section bumping your boat??

dumbandyoung
04-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Much better now that you took the internet tough guy act out of your post ;)
shouldnt you be down in the spam section bumping your boat??
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!
I love this place.

1manshow
04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
1Manshow, yes, SoCal, Rancho Cucumonga to be exact. Got a lead?
Yes, i got mine at the freightliner dealer in Fontana. I forgot the name of them i will check a little later. Also they are not a real train horn but are very loud and compact, 4 horns total and come complete with everything exept compressor. Hope that helps Got luck

boatsnblondes
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Baja, I didn't mean that I personally would do it, I just meant that it brings those same feelings out in me, as it does lots of others. No one threatened you, and if you think that mounting that thing on your truck is worth it, go ahead. Buut they piss a LOT of folks off..I just don't understand why you do it. Kinda like playing your stereo all night int he front yard at full volume.
RB, I'm thinking I'm gonna keep it for another season. As it gets warmer, my zest to sell it gets colder. Besides, theres a lot of great lakes up here to run on and explore. :D

turbosonic1
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Burt,
The best ones are from http://www.buellairhorns.com/
I have a few of the Locomotive ones on my tow rigs!! they are listed under rail/truck
I can demo them for you at the Islander during the Poker Run.. I have a set on the Toter

burtandnancy2
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Lyall, thanx, these are for a fellow SCOPE'r

GRUNION
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey I was workin, no computer in the back of my shop. Anyways I dont know what the differance between the horns I sell and the other companies are. But I have 2 differnt sets the chrome ones you seen in the earlier post and a set of black ones that are plastic. They both come with a valve and three horns. The chrome ones are deffinatly loud loud enough to make you deaf for a while. also loud enough that when I blew them in my shop shit fell from the ceeling. The black one are easier to conceal. The price is the same either for either set. I also sell the air managment kit seperatly wich comes with a compressor, tank,line , pressure switch, and fittings. The compressor kit is 129.95 I will take care of you guys on price just
pm me for anything else. or call the shop and ask for me. 602-258-0088
Kevin.
http://grunionfabrication.com/images/horn.jpg
http://grunionfabrication.com/images/th_kit.gif

GRUNION
04-11-2007, 06:05 AM
By the way the black ones I have are still super loud. Just not as loud as the chrome ones.

seanv
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
i've had mine for a couple of years....now i need to install them:D :D

blown65
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM
I had one on my C5500 but not as loud as a train horn. Still damn loud though, and pretty funny when someone is sleeping at a stop light on their damn cell phone. A quick chirp gets them going.
Never really layed into it, nor would I do it while traveling down the road, I would be afraid of scaring someone into a wreck.
Reminds me of being a kid driving around in a beat up toyota and turning the key off, pump the throttle a bunch and then turn the key back on. BANG. Not exactly the best for the truck but ya know, back then didnt really think of those things. lol

Baja Big Dog
04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
i've had mine for a couple of years....now i need to install them:D :D
Ive installed a few of these, (IM gonna need somemore legs to get broken) I wish someone would sell a split manifold horn set, these friggen things are a pain in the ass to mount, need alot of room. I point them down to avoid any ear bleeding of the Asian folks in Garden Grove.:devil:

seanv
04-11-2007, 07:58 AM
that's the main reason i havent mounted them yet. i have to find a good hidden spot to mount them.:D

GRUNION
04-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Ive installed a few of these, (IM gonna need somemore legs to get broken) I wish someone would sell a split manifold horn set, these friggen things are a pain in the ass to mount, need alot of room. I point them down to avoid any ear bleeding of the Asian folks in Garden Grove.:devil:
The black set thats in the pic is a split set there real easy to hide you can mount 2 in front a one in back or prety much mount them in any configuration you want.

Biglue
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Not very hard to bust up BnB's panties is it? LOL
Can't believe I missed this one. :mad: