PDA

View Full Version : wanted 21 schiada

bentprops
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
im looking for a project. with or with motor but i want the rest of the parts. i know about the 76 turbo schiada which would work but i would like to find something newer. also im in to blowers not saying i would buy a boat with some thing else but i would remove it and put in a new motor. also must be a v-drive. i dont mind if it needs rejelled. if any buddie knows of any and every thing less then 30,000 please let me know. thanks all for your help.

sawtooth
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Check the spam section on this site, Keith from Conquest boats in Havasu is selling a blowen RC for a very good price (still had it as of yesterday when my pop stoped by to chat) and I think there are a couple others that you might have to scroll back to find or just do a search with the word Schiada in it. Good luck

Schiada Time
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I think Keith wanted more towards 40K but Vee-Driven is asking 25K and his is a '76 red and white with a twin turbo BBC. Very nice and located in Torrance, CA. It is in the Spam section.

Wrenchforce
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Also try checking in with Lee over at Schiada. Another sources outside of the ***boat Spam section is www.boattraderonline.com. There's a few 21's on there now, but the prices keep on going up. When I bought mine 3 years back, a rock slide 21' RC was going for around $40K. Now, I see that they are up a bit. I thought that I was suppose to loose money by investing in a boat. Looks like my investment is going up - stoked!
Also try the www.nwrsa.net site under the listings for ski racers selling their race boats. Once in a while you'll find a Schiada in there, but you'll find some other cool stuff as well. When I was looking for mine, I lived in Idaho and was flying to So Cal and Havasu a bit to look at boats, but I was looking for something specific - A 21' Schiada with no interior or floor boards, and set up for ski racing. That's what I got and I'm totally stoked. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

bentprops
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Also try checking in with Lee over at Schiada. Another sources outside of the ***boat Spam section is www.boattraderonline.com. There's a few 21's on there now, but the prices keep on going up. When I bought mine 3 years back, a rock slide 21' RC was going for around $40K. Now, I see that they are up a bit. I thought that I was suppose to loose money by investing in a boat. Looks like my investment is going up - stoked!
Also try the www.nwrsa.net site under the listings for ski racers selling their race boats. Once in a while you'll find a Schiada in there, but you'll find some other cool stuff as well. When I was looking for mine, I lived in Idaho and was flying to So Cal and Havasu a bit to look at boats, but I was looking for something specific - A 21' Schiada with no interior or floor boards, and set up for ski racing. That's what I got and I'm totally stoked. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
thats what im looking for. i dont want i boat with all the nice interior i had that and could bring my self to strip it so i sold it. now im looking for another one to build. if see whats for sale on here but they arnt what iim looking for. i also called schiada they know of nothing at this time. im sure some one knows off one that sitting in some ones back yard waisting away. or maybe in storage.

BADBLOWN572
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
If you are interested in another option, I own the molds for the Howard Custom Cruiser. I am laying up new blank hulls right now. You can get a fully loaded new hull for approximately 1/2 the price of a stripped Schaida. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.
Danny
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3249/159821.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3249/159820.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3249/159824.JPG

mondorally
04-11-2007, 07:06 AM
1979 21' v-drive, blown, under $30k.... sounds like a match made in heaven! Not mine btw.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/7/88028327.htm
-Justin

bentprops
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Justin,
That one was at the Schiada Regatta a couple years ago for sale, was advertised as a 20, it's a 21.
My dad and I had Stan look at it, Schiada did not rig or do any of the installation on that boat, just fyi, has been off and on for sale for awhile. i was looking at that boat but its a 20 not a 21. i called schiada and thats what he said at least.

bentprops
04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
is there a year that for schiadas that you want over other because of a some change that was made, like faster stronger handles better. like say i 85 is better becaus e thay change this one thing. yu know what mean. or how about even one lenght of another 20 21 22. i know i dont want any smaller or then a 20 and nothing bigger then a 22. what are the pros and cons of these 3 diff lenght's?

Hallett
04-14-2007, 10:21 AM
You might want to call mike at prime marine i know this boat is very nice
and was for sale. it's close to your price range.
1990 Schiada
468 BBC
671 Weiand blower
Heavy duty fine spline 38 gears
Lighting headers
Edelbrock aluminum heads
9 to 1 compression – pump gas
2 - 850 Holly stage three carbs – powder coated to the match boat
Polished turbo 400 transmission
All stainless cavitation hardware
New custom steel rudder
New prop – 11.5 x 15 three blade
New carpet
Redone trailer – new paint, new wiring, LED lights, chrome fenders, new chrome tongue, New chrome winch, chrome jack, new carpet and bunks
Triple axle trailer
Updated fuel system with water separators – Magaflow pump and regulator
Sea strainer
AN fittings and braided hoses/line throughout
High torque mini starter
MSD ignition
Flush mounted fuel fills
Custom rigged and hardware
Complete interior
Excellent condition, always stored indoors
Here is th link http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=110683&size=big&cat=
Mike Ramirez @ Prime Marine 909-484-8338
$55,000

bentprops
04-14-2007, 10:30 AM
the more i look the more questions i have. why do some of the schiadas have a seem where the 2 halfs meet and some dont? what steering types do the 90,s boats have? also putting the ruder on the outside of the boat, is that a opition or comes standered on the new boats?

FrznJim
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
the more i look the more questions i have. why do some of the schiadas have a seem where the 2 halfs meet and some dont? what steering types do the 90,s boats have? also putting the ruder on the outside of the boat, is that a opition or comes standered on the new boats?
If you are referring to the seam where the top and bottom of the hull meet, when it's not visible it's called capped, otherwise the seam is covered with a rail. It's more expensive to cap a hull. We have two Schiadas, both are capped, one with the rudder outside the transom and the other has the rudder just inside the transom. The outside rudder is supposed to be a little faster, maybe gets the rudder past the cavitation of the prop. The outside rudder is slow to react when idling around, and you really need to keep your foot in the throttle when turning, otherwise the boat will skid. I prefer the inside rudder, it handles better when running slow, and doesn't skid in the turns. There really isn't anything standard on a Schiada, they are all built to a customers taste, from the drive, engine, rudder, you name it.

05schiada
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
bentprops,
Just finished building an 06' because I wanted to restore my 76' You need to know what you want in the end, how fast do you want to go? How much power do you want? We found that if you want to go fast you need to re rig the boat completely. We still have the 76' but we had to fill every hole in the boat and start fresh. New hardware everywhere. But we set this boat up for a new 540 twin turbo motor. by the time this boat is done we could of almost bought a new for the amount of $ we have in this one. what we found out is that if you find one that is set up for big power it usually an old ski race one that aren't in as good of condition as a pleasure boat. hope this helps.

Schiada Time
04-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Definitely two different worlds as '05 said. My' 74 was a cruiser all its life and not subjected to ski racing abuse and believe me they get abused with all the pounding in the ocean. I am into mine for about 30K and that included new motor, trans, transom, gauges, wiring, plumbing, hardware, and the list goes on. You should look at PropRods boat as it is a '96 and has a twin turbo motor and is very nice for 60K.

Wrenchforce
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
is there a year that for schiadas that you want over other because of a some change that was made, like faster stronger handles better. like say i 85 is better becaus e thay change this one thing. yu know what mean. or how about even one lenght of another 20 21 22. i know i dont want any smaller or then a 20 and nothing bigger then a 22. what are the pros and cons of these 3 diff lenght's?
Hey Bent Props - Lee would give you the best info on the differences between a 20, 21, and 22. From personal experience, I can tell you the differences between a 20 and 21. My parents have a 20' that was set up by Mitch Lempke of Speed and Marine for ski racing. NWSRA#47 back in the day. The rigging is custom, open stringer, fin moved up a foot in front of the V-drive, and 3 guys picked the hull up out of the mold. The boat runs very good with a 486 naturally carburated motor. At around 85 mph or so, there's about 6 inches of air under the rear chine. My parents at one time ran a blown motor in her and would literally launch my mom a foot out of the water on her racing ski. Very fast out of the hole. Recently, I bought Pete Mitchel's NWSR#34 21' Schiada. This boat has a similar setup to my parents, except has a BBC Gentry Twin turbo setup. The boat is much heavier and and rides with much more wetted surface. Takes a lot more horsepower to push her. I'm still playing with the cavitation plates, as they are long and I think that I'm not getting enough up plate to carry the nose. With a 1,000 hp, I should be carrying the nose. I should note that both boats have the motors mounted forward in them - enough so that the cams can be changed out without hitting the transom. There isn't exactly a lot of room. I only have a driver and observer seat in the 21'. There is a backseat, but it's tight and it makes it more difficult to get to the motor to do plug readings.
I was considering getting a 22', but my dad's advice was that you needed a blown motor to get them to move out and carry the nose. Either hull that you get, will handle great in the rough water. When going to the air, the come back in the same way that they left. My driving ability is still be developed as a high performance boat owner, but I've seen 6' of air under my dad's 20', and it's still a rock solid boat at 27 years old.

Wrenchforce
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Wrench, any chance you could post a pic of the 20, there a lil rare, nice to see one once in awhile.
Scott
Scott - can you PM me with your email. I haven't figured out the posting stuff yet, but can send some photos to you.
Thanks,
Sean