PDA

View Full Version : camping

cxr133
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Last Memorial Weekend we stayed at the AVI and took the river down from there to Havasu.
We saw alot of people camping in tents and montorhomes along the water during our ride down to Havasu. Are there dedicated areas for camping (besides Moabi or Needles Marina) that you guys could give me info. on?
Or maybe some GPS coordinates of a favorite spot.
Thanks

Mr. Crusader 83
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM
We do a boat camp once a year. Load all your sh*t in the boat and find a spot on a beach. I dont think there is any rules against it.

MR.rvrluvr
04-11-2007, 01:58 PM
if you were south of needles then it likely was park Moabi. THey have sites right on the water for motorhomes or whatever. Yes you can load up the boat and camp wherever you want as long as its not on the preserve. south of the city you will find picnic tables and out houses. You have to pay to park on those. When I buy my annual launch ramp pass at Windsor (state of AZ parks) they say it covers the use of those picnic tables.. I have camped in Havi many times in my high school days and was never hassled. The hardest part is finding a descent beach. Between Needles and Park Moabi is free and first come first serve with some beautifull beaches....Be carefull of Rattlesnakes they are everywhere...