PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm Driver's Meeting

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm wonder what people think about having two drivers meetings, one friday night and the other saturday morning like normal. Saturday morning is always tough with getting on the water, then getting parking over at the nautical for the meeting can be a nightmare. I think and that a friday meeting would be very cool.... I asked C-2, to check.
But what are people's thoughts

OnlyMoney
04-11-2007, 02:53 PM
This will be our first time we don't participate in the run (wait, second, our first time we missed it we had a motor go like 4 days before) and I think Chris would agree with you. Those that don't have "preferred Parking" or a show boat, or are staying elsewhere.....would really appreciate a drivers meeting on Friday night. Great idea Mr. UJ. :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I will be too hammered Friday night- hungover is better than hammered.
Get up a little earlier, Taylor.

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
This will be our first time we don't participate in the run (wait, second, our first time we missed it we had a motor go like 4 days before) and I think Chris would agree with you. Those that don't have "preferred Parking" or a show boat, or are staying elsewhere.....would really appreciate a drivers meeting on Friday night. Great idea Mr. UJ. :D
Thats pretty much all I have.... :D The "Perferred Parking" thing is crap

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I will be too hammered Friday night- hungover is better than hammered.
Get up a little earlier, Taylor.
Thanks Jeff, If they have it early enough you will only have a buzz on :rolleyes:

OnlyMoney
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Thats pretty much all I have.... :D The "Perferred Parking" thing is crap
Agreed...No you cant park here that's Mr. Teague's spot...can't park here...all the big dogs are tying up to one another and marking their parking spot. :mad:
Again, there's not enough parking for all those peeps in the water and they can't launch because their boats loud....I really like your style UJ! :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks Jeff, If they have it early enough you will only have a buzz on :rolleyes:
Only if they have it at 6AM. :jawdrop:
After that...I'll be going "Joey"...:messedup:

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
The launch ramp that day suck worst then normal, evryone trying to launch early and get their spot to watch and then all the boats for the pokerrun launching as well

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Only if they have it at 6AM. :jawdrop:
After that...I'll be going "Joey"...:messedup:
Love it "JOEY" That mans a rock star when it comes to parting

Throttle
04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I would opt to a friday nite meeting... cuz no way I will be able to be there on saturday while on the water...

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I would opt to a friday nite meeting... cuz no way I will be able to be there on saturday while on the water...
Is this your first time running this one?

UnionJack
04-12-2007, 07:59 AM
So I guess anyone else who's running this is good with just the saturday morning meeting

Steamin' Rice
04-12-2007, 08:03 AM
I would prefer a Fri night drivers meeting - One less thing to deal with on Sat AM before the start.

UnionJack
04-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I would prefer a Fri night drivers meeting - One less thing to deal with on Sat AM before the start.
agreed, if I new how to do a yes/no poll at the top I would

40FlatDeck
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I would like that too.:D

bmr
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Friday that would be a YES vote

C-2
04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Taylor thanks for raising a question several have asked about. A few years back we used to have a summary Friday evening drivers meeting. However, with the additional safety resources and programs we have implemented since that time, it’s no longer feasible.
On Friday evening we have the safety crew meeting between all safety boats, rescue boats, Pacific Dive and Rescue, all helicopter pilots and other safety personnel. At this lengthy meeting we set and establish the safety itinerary and program; set radio operating protocols and frequencies, and generally establish other vital safety components for a safe run.
Without having those items hammered out first, it would be nearly impossible to conduct a driver’s meeting on Friday evening - so it’s something we just can’t do.
We have moved the Saturday morning safety meeting forward to 8:00 a.m., which allows an hour and a half before staging starts at 9:30 a.m.. If getting to the meeting on the water is an issue, we remind everybody you can always drive to the Nautical Inn to attend the meeting, and then launch your boat. And of course there is always beach parking on the condo side.
We too have to work around limitations on capacity – and as we all know, the Nautical Inn is the only hotel on the water which has the ability to host an event this size.
So your patience and understanding is always appreciated. :)