PDA

View Full Version : What is the normal consignment fee for a boat?

beaverretriever
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
What do most places charge? Is 10% the norm? That seems like a lot of money:idea:

uvindex
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
What do most places charge? Is 10% the norm? That seems like a lot of money:idea:Sometimes there isn't a fixed fee (that's how I sold my boat at Cowboys in Havasu). We agreed on the minimum price I'd take for my boat. They sold it for some amount higher than that (I don't want to know what it was). I got my price, they made a profit, everybody was happy. :)

Parker Dreamin
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
We were told 10% but brought that down to much less. It all depends on how much work they have to do and how they advertise (how long)

Havasu1986
04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Sometimes there isn't a fixed fee (that's how I sold my boat at Cowboys in Havasu). We agreed on the minimum price I'd take for my boat. They sold it for some amount higher than that (I don't want to know what it was). I got my price, they made a profit, everybody was happy. :)
This is what the boat brokers did with my boat.

Cole Trickle
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
10% is standard but you might be able to negotiate it down depending on how bad they want it.

andy01
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
5-10 percent is the norm to start with. But it depends at the time of putting the deal together. Sometimes it may be less to be able to put the deal together. Depends on the broker. What are you selling and who are you brokering it with?