PDA

View Full Version : Bait and switch by the Post Office

Ziggy
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
So today supposedly was the first day you could go buy the new "forever" stamp. Its been told and touted in the media that we could go and get them at the 39c rate and beat the new rate cost. So I send my office girl down with a big check to buy a bunch of them and they fricken charged her the new 41c rate and simple told her don't use 'em til the new rate goes into effect.:rolleyes: :mad: :devil:
WTF? Just pisses me off, IMO a total bait/switch.
rant over:)

SummitKarl
04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
So today supposedly was the first day you could go buy the new "forever" stamp. Its been told and touted in the media that we could go and get them at the 39c rate and beat the new rate cost. So I send my office girl down with a big check to buy a bunch of them and they fricken charged her the new 41c rate and simple told her don't use 'em til the new rate goes into effect.:rolleyes: :mad: :devil:
When does the new rate go into effect:confused:

Parker Dreamin
04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
They way I understood it was you could by the forever stamp at .41 and it is good forever...... did not see it that you could buy for .39

HavaSkank
04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Stamps? People still mail shit?

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
They way I understood it was you could by the forever stamp at .41 and it is good forever...... did not see it that you could buy for .39
Yeah me too, I thought the new forever stamp is supposed to be at the new rate.....forever.
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Here's the deal....
"If the cost of sending a first-class letter is raised to 42 cents next year, for instance, the forever stamp would be sold for that amount. If the first-class rate then increased by 2 cents a year or two later, forever stamps would sell for 44 cents. But forever stamps purchased at the 42-cent rate still would get a first-class letter where it needs to go."
SO as rates go up, you can still use the old stamp, you don't need a 2-3cent stamp to make up the differance anymore.

Ziggy
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Here's the deal....
"If the cost of sending a first-class letter is raised to 42 cents next year, for instance, the forever stamp would be sold for that amount. If the first-class rate then increased by 2 cents a year or two later, forever stamps would sell for 44 cents. But forever stamps purchased at the 42-cent rate still would get a first-class letter where it needs to go."
SO as rates go up, you can still use the old stamp, you don't need a 2-3cent stamp to make up the differance anymore.
That's how they work alright, but what I understood was you could get them now at the current 39c rate to beat the increase to the 41c......thats what was being touted, beat the increase of cost.
Its not that big a deal but I didn't need to run off and get a bunch at the 41c cost today. A fruitless reason to spend the $ up front.

RitcheyRch
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Thats what I thought as well. Thankfully I dont mail much stuff thanks to Al Gore and the internet. :D

CBadDad
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Come on Zig, you couldn't think of a better use of your "office" girl's time?
You're gettin' old. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Come on Zig, you couldn't think of a better use of your "office" girl's time?
You're gettin' old. :D
She DID have to bring him back coffee. :D