PDA

View Full Version : Lunch on the River

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
What do you guys usually bring for lunch out on the river/lake?
We usually make cold cuts with a bag of salt n vinegar or bbq chips.

riverracerx
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
1. grapes
2. boneless chicken from Bashas or KFC (you can fit the boat and the trailer thru the KFC drive thru!)
3. EZ cheese and crackers
4. salami
5. assorted chips
6. corn nuts

djunkie
04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I like bringing a big bag of Cheetos when I ride on other peoples boats. :D :D

Biglue
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Cold cuts and bread....chips, jerky, fruit.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
We always bring Sandwiches and the munch out at what ever is close, Turtle, Topock, Springs, Channel,, Oh wait. we get drinks at those other places!!:D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I like bringing a big bag of Cheetos when I ride on other peoples boats. :D :D
Classic!!!!!!:D Cheese puffs!! Don't forget the red cool-aid:D

Jyruiz
04-12-2007, 12:42 PM
1. grapes, pineapple, melon
2. cold cuts, mainly turkey with slices of different cheese.
3. chips, some type of crackers.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
salami, cheese and crackers is always good.
Pickles, must have pickles. ;)

Pheelin Phroggy
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Tony Roma sweet wings or Bucket of KFC extra crispy all dark meat

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Sounds like the kfc is a big hit. Ill have to try that. But I dont recall one near Needles.

purrfecttremor
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Sandwiches from Bashes are a good bet.Jerky and fruit with cases of Bud Light:D and all the pit stops mentioned above. My kids enjoy the pit stops more than anything.Does that mean their not kids anymore:idea: :idea:

Jyruiz
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Sounds like the kfc is a big hit. Ill have to try that. But I dont recall one near Needles.
There is a KFC in Needles, it is right past the expensive Arco station.

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
that rings a bell! thanks bro. I usually stop at Green Burrito/Carls.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
There is a KFC in Needles, it is right past the expensive Arco station.
Bashas has boneless buffalo nuggets!!! Nothing better period!!!!!!! Coors Light was made for them suckers!!!

LAFD
04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
chicken wraps
fruit
gaterade
chips
trisquts

djunkie
04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Sandwiches from Bashes are a good bet.Jerky and fruit with cases of Bud Light:D and all the pit stops mentioned above. My kids enjoy the pit stops more than anything.Does that mean their not kids anymore:idea: :idea:
Thats usually what we get. The sandwiches at Bashas on the south end of town are pretty good. Then I slice up some watermellon and a bag of chip and we're good to go.

djunkie
04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
WORD OF WARNING!!!!!!!
Don't ever let any of your friends bring sunflower seeds on your boat.............................................. I'm still pissed about that. :mad: :mad:

Bense468
04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I just drink beer.

vee-driven
04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
beer and cigarettes and whatever the chicks wanna make. hahah

Buster
04-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Sometimes we get sub's from the Pit Stop Deli at the bridge. Otherwise it is just Crown & Serria Mist or Silver Bullets.
There are to many easy places to just stop and eat at on the River..:D

CBadDad
04-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Mostly just fill a cooler with beer, water, beer, gatorade, beer and a few sparks. When and if I get hungry I like to swing by and pick up a couple of sandwiches from the deli on the island. I have their menu on board, so I'll usually call ahead and place my order. Pick up and go. I'm not one to spend much time in the channel.

mondorally
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
WORD OF WARNING!!!!!!!
Don't ever let any of your friends bring sunflower seeds on your boat.............................................. I'm still pissed about that. :mad: :mad:
That reminds me of my Dad's old Eliminator. His mechanic used to eat seeds when wrenching on the boat. We couldn't figure out why the bilge pump wasn't working until we found it was full of sunflower seed shells........
-Justin

Screaming Pete
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
i like making shrimp cocktail, make it in the morning put it in a zip loc bag and eat it later floating in the channel or on the sandbar and wash it down with champayne

djunkie
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
That reminds me of my Dad's old Eliminator. His mechanic used to eat seeds when wrenching on the boat. We couldn't figure out why the bilge pump wasn't working until we found it was full of sunflower seed shells........
-Justin
I made the mistake of letting a buddy of mine bring seeds on the boat. He was quitting smoking and eating seeds is what he did to curb the urge. Well needless to say I am still finding them in the boat.

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
beer and cigarettes and whatever the chicks wanna make. hahah
the chicks should always provide a lil somethin to eat.;) Ever been to a Tijuana BBQ?:D

Mandelon
04-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I bought a slick little propane BBQ from Wallyworld. Put shrimp on a skewer with butter and garlic....they grill up in just a few minutes.
Smokey Brats on the BBQ is killer too. Skewer them up the middle and its Hot dog on a stick. chicken takes to long. got to soak the skewers in water overnight or they burn though.
the best is finding Hot diggety dog when he has the fish taco grill out. that's living!!!!:D

Cole Trickle
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Pastrami is great at the Island Market and I have had a couple good cheese burgers in Thomsons Bay at the floating joint.
Other than dining out we usually do self made cold cut samiches.
No cheetos or nacho doritos...but I do roll with the BBQ sunflower seeds occasionally when I ride with djunkie;):D

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 01:54 PM
WORD OF WARNING!!!!!!!
That and cigarettes. ;)

djunkie
04-12-2007, 01:55 PM
.but I do roll with the BBQ sunflower seeds occasionally when I ride with djunkie;):D
Phucker!!!!! Thats it. I'm leaving a steamy pile in your mid cabin at the poker run. :D :D

HavaSkank
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Anything cylindric

Cole Trickle
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Phucker!!!!! Thats it. I'm leaving a steamy pile in your mid cabin at the poker run. :D :D
Your not welcome on my row....bring your walkie talkies so I can order beer for your girlfriend that you can send over via remote control boat:D :devil:

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
We take chips, grapes, watermelon, cheese and crackers, and sandwich fixins. A little cutting board does the trick. Water, gaterade, water, and iced tea. For some reason, when it's HOT out there, the last thing I want is a beer...go figure....:idea:

DeltaSigBoater
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Leftovers from Last Night's Dinner
Spicy Pickled Eggs
Sandwich Stuff
about 3 different kinds of chips
EASY CHEEESE (2 Cans per day)
Cookies
Pickles
1 72qt cooler - 1/4 water, 3/4 Beer
1 72 qt cooler with soda, iced tea, fruit drinks, more water, etc.
I also try to do breakfast on the beach/lake/river at least once a year.

Mrs. 20
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
i like making shrimp cocktail, make it in the morning put it in a zip loc bag and eat it later floating in the channel or on the sandbar and wash it down with champayne
That's very sophisticated.
We just do cold cut sandwiches and chips. Love Jerky too!