PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for rigging my cruiser

Nailhead
04-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I need somebody good & reasonable to rig my cruiser. The stringers & the holes in the bottom are filled & the bottom is flat for the drop thru sturt. I need to get the prop shaft hole drilled, the v-drive & the strut mounted. Somebody in SoCal. Thanks in advance

wsuwrhr
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Prime Marine in Rancho
I need somebody good & reasonable to rig my cruiser. The stringers & the holes in the bottom are filled & the bottom is flat for the drop thru sturt. I need to get the prop shaft hole drilled, the v-drive & the strut mounted. Somebody in SoCal. Thanks in advance

Nailhead
04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
:D A little info on the good riggers, they don't work for free, most are booked 6 months to a year out, they'll be happy to do your project, don't be shocked when you see the bill:D
Just remember the Fram jingle, "You can pay me now, or ya can pay me later", you get what ya pay for.
I've already found that out on you get what you pay for. I used guys that were recommended for the glass work & the interior & i'm still waiting after 2 months & no work being done.

Nailhead
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
I've talked with Jim Lange, I'll be seeing him next week. Ol' Bob teague is giving advise on what too do & ordering the parts I need.

RiverGames
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
rush marine does rigging. his shop is about 5 minutes from downtown LA

wsuwrhr
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
rush marine does rigging. his shop is about 5 minutes from downtown LA
Get a thing from Rush and I will pray that your boat sinks.
:)
How is that guy still in business?
Brian

RiverDave
04-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Nailhead, a good friend of mine John Deposik has just setup his shop in Riverside. He's rigged quite a few v-drives and used to work for Prime marine awhile back.
Like others have said, he doesn't work for free, but I've seen some of his installs and they are pretty clean. On top of which I can pretty much garauntee you that you won't go into cardiac arrest when you get the bill. ;)
If you'd like his # I can send it to you via PM to talk about your project.
RD

WILDERTHANU
04-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Hands down Prime Marine here in Rancho. Do it right, and give them a call. Dont half ass your running gear, they have years under their belt with doing exactly what you need done.
http://www.primemarineusa.com

river redy
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Prime marine is the shit!!!!!!!!! They will be completing my boat this week and it is perfect, Mike King is the guru of rigging, and they will be posting pics. just remember you get what you pay for:D

SK48
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Grier Rush is about as good as they get. He probably taught the younger guys. He does awsome work, had some legal problems a while back, but if
you need his phone #, I can get it from Bad Attitude marine in Parker.

Nailhead
04-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I will talk with a couple of these guys next week.

wsuwrhr
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Grier Rush is about as good as they get. He probably taught the younger guys. He does awsome work, had some legal problems a while back, but if
you need his phone #, I can get it from Bad Attitude marine in Parker.
Legal problems, are you serious?
I must be getting old.
Sorry I didn't realize it was no big deal.
Brian