PDA

View Full Version : Saw a head on today...

YeLLowBoaT
04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
HD vs full cement truck...( wheels down and all) he was passing on a 2 lane road, and did not make it... cut the bike and him in half. The guy I had with me had to get out and puke.
I feel bad for the truck driver and every one that wittnessed it, not so much for the guy on the bike...
its funny its almost 9 pm and I have not eatin since 7 am... I'm still not hungry.

Ziggy
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Ugh.....................sad.
Saw remnants of a bike/car wreck on Rice......I'm guessing it was a fatality based on most everything was cleared and the Evac Chopper was still grounded.
Not a pretty sight.:(

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
HD vs full cement truck...( wheels down and all) he was passing on a 2 lane road, and did not make it... cut the bike and him in half. The guy I had with me had to get out and puke.
I feel bad for the truck driver and every one that wittnessed it, not so much for the guy on the bike...
its funny its almost 9 pm and I have not eatin since 7 am... I'm still not hungry.
See that crap all the time, usually eat sometimes during the clean up also...
Whats the problem?

bigq
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
yucky..
I would imagine the truck driver won't be eating for a week.

YeLLowBoaT
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
See that crap all the time, usually eat sometimes during the clean up also...
Whats the problem?
you didn't have to clean parts off your grill and windsheild...( I did not want to bring that up)

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
you didn't have to clean parts off your grill and windsheild...( I did not want to bring that up)
No, but I have had to clean it off my clothes and hands

CBadDad
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Happens ALL of the time.
And we eat just fine. That's how jacked our jobs make us...but to you, we're just a bunch of overpaid union goons.
Ya can't have it both ways.

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
For those who do not deal with gruesome crashes on a regular basis it can be pretty disturbing. For those of use who see it as part of our jobs become immune to it. Anyone want some lasagna?

little rowe boat
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
For those who do not deal with gruesome crashes on a regular basis it can be pretty disturbing. For those of use who see it as part of our jobs become immune to it. Anyone want some lasagna?
No, I prefer spaghetti.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Anyone want some lasagna?
That is only on tuesdays, you overpaid union, lazy worker:D

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
First you saw a head on, then you saw a head off. :eek:

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
That is only on tuesdays, you overpaid union, lazy worker:D
Check yer fact amigo! OSCD is now the 2nd lowest paying agency in the County. And the County's negotiators have had us at impasse for 4 months to boot! I wish I was OVERPAID! Then there are those "desk jockies..." :D

YeLLowBoaT
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Seeing the aftermath of a wreck is not the same as watching it happen 50 ft infront of you...its like everything else in life... once you get use to it, its no big deal, and you will be amazed at what you can get use too.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Seeing the aftermath of a wreck is not the same as watching it happen 50 ft infront of you...its like everything else in life... once you get use to it, its no big deal, and you will be amazed at what you can get use too.
Having someone die in your arms is not like watching it on TV either

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Having someone die in your arms is not like watching it on TV either
It's when crap like this happens that cops and fireman don't ever come close to making enough money for what we have to do. We're all underpaid!

CBadDad
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
How would you know?
I wonder how many times first responders "missed the wreck" only to tell the victim to hang in there while they busted their ass trying to keep them alive long enough for them to see a trauma surgeon while they slowly died in front of their eyes. Or walked out of an emergency room, past the family who just lost a loved one. Or found out a couple of weeks later that the mother of the child you delivered had HIV. Or....it doesn't matter, you'll never ever understand.
I hope you don't have nightmares tonight.

MudPumper
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Speaking of dinner, Where are the pictures???

shrek
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
If anyone is used to it, and its no big deal, then you should get out of that line of work.
Sorry to hear that you had to see that......very unfortunate.
Shrek

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
If anyone is used to it, and its no big deal, then you should get out of that line of work.
Sorry to hear that you had to see that......very unfortunate.
Shrek
he is only experiencing life, he will get over it...

Windy
04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Shrek
Its not that its not a big deal...its that you learn to put your emotions aside to do your job.
Then afterwards EMS personnel is offered Post Traumatic Stress Debreifing if they want it.

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
You know what some things you dont get over? I still remember my first full arrest and my first pediatric arrest. So does that make me a wimp? People deal with stress in many different ways. Im not sure what line of work you do but some times you need to be a little more receptive to how people deal with situations in there lifes or work situations.
Yes some have sence more then others, does it make it easier yes, but for some they will never see alot of it.
Just remember everyone has there first time for everything
$0.02 applied
Kilr is too tough for that...........just ask him.

brianwhiteboy
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
whether you see it in person on a daily basis or not, it's not something that most people deal with lightly....but if you can, then you are a stonger person than most...hopefully you'll never have to experience that with someone you actually do know.

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Kilr is too tough for that...........just ask him.
No! kilr is a big pussy, but I dont come on here crying every time I see someone die and cry about it to H.B....

brianwhiteboy
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
No! kilr is a big pussy, but I dont come on here crying every time I see someone die and cry about it to H.B....
how do you really feel :D :2purples:

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I did nearly the same thing back in Dec. only mine was train vs. car. Your right bro, it is horrifying....no two ways about it. I don't wnat to get used to it..hope I never do. Heres hoping you take a shot of Nyquil and get a good nights sleep...best to you....;)

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
But your pretty quick with letting someone know when you think they being a pussy.......

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
But your pretty quick with letting someone know when you think they being a pussy.......
People like YB , Absolutely

dicudmore
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
So what do you do for living?
cop last time I checked...

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
cop last time I checked...
Check again.......

dicudmore
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Check again.......
Wal-mart greeter? :D I dunno--and its common knowledge that I know NOTHING :D

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Check again.......
Last time I saw him his shirt said Police and he had a gun. That was last Tuesday so maybe it changed. :idea:

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
So what do you do for living?
Last I heard, he's been put out to pasture behind a desk...the only weapon he has left is his mouth....and even that ain't much....

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Last I heard, he's been put out to pasture behind a desk...the only weapon he has left is his mouth....and even that ain't much....
Dont you have some sweet nothings, you need to be working on trying to land Topless:rolleyes:

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Last time I saw him his shirt said Police and he had a gun. That was last Tuesday so maybe it changed. :idea:
Right.....

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Right.....
Huh? Why would I make that up? He showed up to our friends funeral from work.

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Dont you have some sweet nothings, you need to be working on trying to land Topless:rolleyes:
I'm married, shit for brains, which is more than I can say for you...

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Huh? Why would I make that up? He showed up to our friends funeral from work.
Didn't say you did make it up..........

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm married, shit for brains, which is more than I can say for you...
SO profound, im almost getting impressed now, Should I start speaking like you....

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Didn't say you did make it up..........
I guess I thought that is what you were implying. I guess you can think a lot of things when you are going off just one word.

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I guess I thought that is what you were implying. I guess you can think a lot of things when you are going off just one word.
You are correct.

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
SO profound, im almost getting impressed now, Should I start speaking like you....
Dude, your the one driving a desk.......no matter what you say, your a desk jockey, that equals half a cop....might as well get a beer belly and a double chin, start hangin out at Krispy Kreme, either way, your done...so take your best shot dude, either way, thank God I ain't you....

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
You are correct.
Do you want to elaborate so I can correctly respond to your "right" comment then?

C-2
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
This fawkin thread is like wrestlemania - I'm still trying to figure out who's kicking who in the junk:D :D

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Dude, your the one driving a desk.......no matter what you say, your a desk jockey, that equals half a cop....might as well get a beer belly and a double chin, start hangin out at Krispy Kreme, either way, your done...so take your best shot dude, either way, thank God I ain't you....
Your actually funny, I can't top what an ass you make of yourself, so I wont even try.
Oh by the way KK is out of business in so cal, genius, or atleast north L.A. county. And it's bagels.
I bet you wish you had a DCB, that is why you hate on me so hard, Opps you probably strive for only a howard, once again second best.LOL

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Do you want to elaborate so I can correctly respond to your "right" comment then?
No. Because I dont really care what your response would be let alone have to explain why I made the comment. I'm sure Kilr knows and since this is something that has nothing to do with you, I choose not to elaborate.

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
This fawkin thread is like wrestlemania - I'm still trying to figure out who's kicking who in the junk:D :D
You wanna start something? :mad:
:D

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Get yer popcorn here!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2550popcorn.jpg

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
No. Because I dont really care what your response would be let alone have to explain why I made the comment. I'm sure Kilr knows and since this is something that has nothing to do with you, I choose not to elaborate.
Oh. Gotcha. My bad. This whole time I thought it was a public board. I could have swore you quoted me. I must have been reading Kilr's PM's.
What was I thinking? :confused:

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh. Gotcha. My bad. This whole time I thought it was a public board. I could have swore you quoted me. I must have been reading Kilr's PM's.
Right.....

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Right.....
Ed zachary... :)

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
He is just made because he tried to copy the paint job of my shockwave and it didnt come out as good.;)

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Get yer popcorn here!!!
Bite me :D

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Get yer popcorn here!!!
Screw that crap, I want a Krispy Kreme dozen:eek:

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Your actually funny, I can't top what an ass you make of yourself, so I wont even try.
Oh by the way KK is out of business in so cal, genius, or atleast north L.A. county. And it's bagels.
I bet you wish you had a DCB, that is why you hate on me so hard, Opps you probably strive for only a howard, once again second best.LOL
Your pathetic. You think that a boat defines you. That a hunk of fiberglass is the only statement you need to descibe you. How sad. How utterly sad you are. I got nothing more to say to you.

Phat Matt
04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm going to bed. Have fun ladies. :)

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Your pathetic. You think that a boat defines you. That a hunk of fiberglass is the only statement you need to descibe you. How sad. How utterly sad you are. I got nothing more to say to you.
Damn that is all it took, and by the way , STOP COMMENTTING ON WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T HAVE. Cus it makes you look even stupider, that you dont have it. Oh by the way,
I dont own a DCB ADAM HENRY

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Damn that is all it took, and by the way , STOP COMMENTTING ON WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T HAVE. Cus it makes you look even stupider, that you dont have it. Oh by the way,
Boatless or between boats?

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Easy there now Kilr...Ya gotta cut back on the sugar carbs and the gut bombs. Be politically correct and go get yourself a whole wheat bagel with non-fat cream cheese, and wash it down with a shot of wheat grass! YUMMY!!! :yuk:

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Bite me :D
Shhhhhhh Steve. Don't let our secret out here on a public forum! :D

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:22 PM

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I have never owned a boat.

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Momma??? The bank???

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
:D Easy there now Kilr...Ya gotta cut back on the sugar carbs and the gut bombs. Be politically correct and go get yourself a whole wheat bagel with non-fat cream cheese, and wash it down with a shot of wheat grass! YUMMY!!! :yuk:
I actually had a boysenberry one for breakfast today with light cream cheese.:D

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Momma??? The bank???
MOMMA, I aint no fool(ok maybe I am , I am on H.B.), I own nothing...

Ultracrazy
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Symantec’s I see……..

Kilrtoy
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Symantec’s I see……..
and there is always some dumb ass scum bag lawyer that will find his way around that

Huckleberry
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I actually had a boysenberry one for breakfast today with light cream cheese.:D
Good boy. You get a gold star on your calendar this week. Three gold stars and you can trade it in to get rid of one awshit you have committed this year!

phebus
04-13-2007, 06:26 AM
This thread needs to die, right in front of my eyes, so I can eat and sleep :D

little rowe boat
04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
You were on a roll, until you tried to compare a DCB to a Howard.:rolleyes:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Why cant we all get along? :rolleyes:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-13-2007, 07:14 AM
You were on a roll, until you tried to compare a DCB to a Howard.:rolleyes:
I know! Isnt it funny? Howard builds a way better boat.:D

Mrs.Killer
04-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Lovers huh???:eek:

Mrs.Killer
04-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I see you strive to learn about kilrtoy......he must be your hero. He's mine too.....:D

Ultracrazy
04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I see you strive to learn about kilrtoy......he must be your hero. He's mine too.....:D
Not even close........
It was just a question.

boater72
04-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Adam Henry. How funny as I took my boy and his friend bike riding out to Bell Mountain today. And my boys friends dad also went who is a peace officer and we talked about Adam Henry. :D

3 daytona`s
04-13-2007, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes: :)