PDA

View Full Version : What Blower for a 350 MPI Merc?

caroftheweek
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
If you were to own a boat with a 350 MPI and wanted to put a blower on it, whose product would you use? Whipple? Procharger? someone else?
Thanks, Ryan

TBONE1904
04-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Go to the blower motor section. I bought a set of heads off a guy who had a twin engine with blowers set up on his boat. Not only do they know what they are talking about, they have some money so you might get the goods for a good price:D

caroftheweek
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Go to the blower motor section. I bought a set of heads off a guy who had a twin engine with blowers set up on his boat. Not only do they know what they are talking about, they have some money so you might get the goods for a good price:D
Thanks for the heads up.

Cole Trickle
04-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Leave the Tooner alone!!!!!:crossx::D:eek:

GETSOME
04-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Leave the Tooner alone!!!!!:crossx::D:eek:
Shhhh.... If the man has to drive a mini van at least let him put a blower on it

Cole Trickle
04-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Shhhh.... If the man has to drive a mini van at least let him put a blower on it
It's like polishing a turd........:devil: :D
Leave it alone and spend the extra $$ on stereo and flotation devises for all the old people and kiddies that will be riding with you;)
"Blue Hair Express" has a cool ring to it;)

BADBLOWN572
04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Honestly, I believe that putting a blower on a stock Merc 350 is a bad idea. :( The internals are not built to handle more h.p. than what they have originally. If you really do want to go faster, you can sell the motor, and buy a BBC that is built to run.
The ones that we are building right now is a 600/600 h.p./torque. 510 CID. Motor dynoed is about 13K. If you want all the marine accessories & SS headers, you are looking about $16,500-17K. Comes with a 1 year warranty and an option of an additional year for $750. Take your motor out and sell it. Get $5-6k for it, at that point in time, you are $10-11K away from the motor. Basically the same price as what you would pay to put a blower on it. To me it makes much more sense. Then again, I always over build and under drive. :)

caroftheweek
04-13-2007, 08:22 AM
It's like polishing a turd........:devil: :D
Leave it alone and spend the extra $$ on stereo and flotation devises for all the old people and kiddies that will be riding with you;)
"Blue Hair Express" has a cool ring to it;)
i think the "Polished Turd" has a better ring to it.

Cole Trickle
04-13-2007, 08:53 AM
i think the "Polished Turd" has a better ring to it.
I agree...
I think you should just sack up and do the 496 with polished toons and a good stereo. Whats an extra 15K when your a member of the Baller Waters family?:D :devil: :D

Chico&Zeus
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
If you were to own a boat with a 350 MPI I Wouldn't own a boat with a 350 MPI....................
I love that I get to say that now:D