PDA

View Full Version : Halle Berry reveals her chatroom secret

RitcheyRch
04-13-2007, 07:50 AM
They claim they want anaminity but they lie
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6551897.stm
Film star Halle Berry has revealed she anonymously joined internet chatrooms to escape her famous persona.
"I have gone online before in search of anonymity and an attempt to leave celebrity out of it and just have a normal chat," the actress told the BBC.
"I just never disclosed that I was Halle Berry." But people she chatted with did not believe her when she revealed her true identity, she said.
Her online friends thought she was "just some kook", the actress said.
"I was just trying to chat anonymously and just be another person in the chatroom having a conversation," Berry said.
"When I decided to say: 'Oh by the way, the person you've been chatting with for a week is me, Halle Berry,' they thought I was just some kook.
"They were like: 'Right, sure, get out of here.' They didn't really believe me at that point. So chatting hasn't gone that well for me."
Sometimes it would be really nice to just go to the market and not have to worry about being followed
Halle Berry
The Oscar-winning actress stars alongside Bruce Willis as an investigative reporter in new thriller Perfect Stranger.
Berry, who receives constant tabloid attention, was quick to dismiss any suggestion that she was a "twisted deviant" on the internet, posing as someone else.
Disappointed that online anonymity failed to provide her with some sort of refuge, the actress said she was frustrated that her life was available for "public consumption".
"Sometimes it would be really nice to just go to the market and not have to worry about being followed there. But to go there and have some feeling of having a private life," she said.
Intimate details of Berry's private life were revealed recently. Parade magazine published an interview with the actress in which she discussed how she attempted to take her own life in 1997.
Berry reacted angrily to the article, which she said had been "regurgitated" from an interview years ago.
But while the actress would prefer not to revisit that dark time in her life, she believes celebrities should not shy away from opening up about their problems.
"I thought early on, if I could help shed some light on a situation and let people know that we, the people that you so admire, are just like you," she said.
"We have bad days and good days. We are struggling to get life right."

707dog
04-13-2007, 07:59 AM
damn and she told me she was just checking work related emails....:D

ChumpChange
04-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Well I guess I might as well come out and say it now. I'm Halle Berry :eek:

uvindex
04-13-2007, 08:03 AM
"Disappointed that online anonymity failed to provide her with some sort of refuge, the actress said she was frustrated that her life was available for "public consumption"."
It must be hard to be rich, famous, and beautiful with people bending over backwards for you all the time and basically treating you like royalty. I really feel for her. Poor baby.

Sigus
04-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Great makeup job!!!! I like the hair do as well.:D

CBadDad
04-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Maybe it's HavaSkank

Jetaholic
04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah...and I'm Tom Brown. :D
Sorry guys, but I was just trying to escape and have a private life here on Hot Boat, without Jbb bugging the crap out of me. Guess it didn't really work out for me too well. :D :D :D

HavaSkank
04-13-2007, 08:49 AM
<-------------- More like Dingle Berry rather than Halle Berry

grads2112
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
That's kind of funny how she says she just wants to be treated normal and be anonymous until that gets boring after awhile so she pulls the I'm Halle Berry card.

RitcheyRch
04-13-2007, 09:16 AM
She could have called and spoken with me if she wanted to feel like a regular working stiff. :D

wsuwrhr
04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't mind giving her a workin' stiff.
She could have called and spoken with me if she wanted to feel like a regular working stiff. :D

RitcheyRch
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
You and me both brother. :D
I wouldn't mind giving her a workin' stiff.