PDA

View Full Version : Paging Bad Med

Brendellaracin
04-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey Mike, hope you guys had a good Easter.
I got a question for you, on the trailer we bought it had a bunch of lettering on it. I got most of it off with a heat gun but alot of the adhesive is left on it. I was using some 3M adhesive remover and it worked ok, Is there anything that works better? some of the lettering had been on there for awhile.
Thanks for the help,
Marty & Cheri

T-Bag
04-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Try some GOOD quality brake clean in a small spot to make sure it won't damage the paint but I have used this before to remove adhesive goo and works by far the best. (I work for ford so have access to a good product) try like a cyclo brand if youy can find it..

T-Bag
04-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Brendellaracin:
I got a question for you, on the trailer we bought it had a bunch of lettering on it. I got most of it off with a heat gun but alot of the adhesive is left on it. I was using some 3M adhesive remover and it worked ok, Is there anything that works better? some of the lettering had been on there for awhile.
Thanks for the help,
Marty & Cheri If you can't find the good stuff pm me and I can send you some I've got a shit load of it at my house!!!!!

Bad Meds
04-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey Marty, Easter was ok . It kinda interupted my working on the boat but as soon as the family left I was back in the garage.Yours was ok I hope.
To answer your question I use this stuff at work called Rapid Remover that is designed for taking off addhesive.I'm not sure where to get it because we order it from a sign suppy place. You could probably go to a sign shop a get a little from them or I can bring some to the lake on mother's day if you still need it by then. As far as brake clean I have only used that on unpainted sufaces but like T-bag said do a test spot and maybe that would work for you? Just don't take the paint off ! What ever you use should be water soluble so you can use soap and water after to clean off what ever remover you decide to use. It seems like the removers keep working sometimes and will make painted surface soft unless you kill them with water.
Good luck , let me know how you do.
Talk to you soon , Mike

Brendellaracin
04-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll let ya know what happens. Mike the floor of the hydro looks great!
Is that new glass work or paint?
see ya soon,
Marty

Bad Meds
04-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks, No there's no glass work. The floor was real nice before just didn't have a shine to it and you know how I like things that shine :D
I was just going to have the floor re -flo coated and I started talking to Kevin about different idea's and one thing led to another and there it is! The inside of the boat is all black now(painted) with the carbon fiber inlay down the center of the floor.The polished Pieces really look good against the black.Can't wait to get it back in the water.

Cs19
04-22-2003, 07:53 PM
goop off or goof off whatever its called from home depot might work. normally anything 3M works pretty good.

GofastRacer
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Brendellaracin:
Thanks for the help,
Marty & Cheri I've always had good luck with good ole WD40!. :rolleyes: :confused: