PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know...

Jetaholic
04-13-2007, 12:40 PM
...who makes these headers? They're standard (i.e. non-twisty) headers, but unlike the Bassetts, these are angled in toward the engine.
Does anyone know who makes headers like this?
Uh..oh yeah...the featured model is Topless!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28610&stc=1&d=1176496978

Taylorman
04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Those a probably Cmi stainless jacketed headers. Trust me, you dont want to know how much they cost.

Rondane
04-13-2007, 05:19 PM
could be stellings headers too.
rondane

RICHARD TILL
04-13-2007, 05:49 PM
i could`nt see the headers. was distracted.

brad22
04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Considering this is a real question:) Why dont you ask teague since they are in his booth. They have a forum section on the forum homepage.

victorfb
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
by looking at the huge primaries id say definatly water jacketed. most likely stainless. and definitly cost more than my boats worth. :eek:

RCB19
04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice but It would be a bitch running the lash without having to remove these headers. Don't burn yourself!!:sqeyes:

TAF
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
...who makes these headers? They're standard (i.e. non-twisty) headers, but unlike the Bassetts, these are angled in toward the engine.
Does anyone know who makes headers like this?
Uh..oh yeah...the featured model is Topless!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28610&stc=1&d=1176496978
from stroking headers to a bald head:sqeyes: :D

Jetaholic
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Those a probably Cmi stainless jacketed headers. Trust me, you dont want to know how much they cost.
Lemme guess..that's TMI? :D
And yes it is a valid question. This was the pic where I had seen these headers and I thought they looked badass.
Of course, so does Ali standing next to a blown big block. :D

poncho-pwr
04-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I think those are some of the high dollar stainless headers you see that are angled the wat they are so they they will fit in the big offshore hotrods with multi engine set ups. In those boats if you have headers that are layed outwards very much they will touch the headers on the other engine. BIG$$$$$$$$$$$

topless
04-14-2007, 12:07 PM
What??? You guys don't like head lickers...................Jetaholic, I'm gunna kick your ass for bringing this pic up again.:mad: :mad: You're in trouble now.

TAF
04-16-2007, 08:15 AM
What??? You guys don't like head lickers...................Jetaholic, I'm gunna kick your ass for bringing this pic up again.:mad: :mad: You're in trouble now.
Jetaholic's gunna be confused because I already thanked him for posting it and yer saying he's in trouble. Can I be in trouble too?:sqeyes: :jawdrop: :idea:

Dominator Scott
04-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Nice but It would be a bitch running the lash without having to remove these headers. Don't burn yourself!!:sqeyes:
Water jacketed headers don't get hot enough to burn you if you touch them.
I can grab a hold of my Lightning headers while the engine is running and they are nice and warm but that is it.:)
I also eliminated my valve lashing problem with some Kieth Eikert valve covers. They have a base that bolts directly to the head and the cover itself has an O-ring to seal it on the base. They fasten down with T-nuts on each end so removing them is a snap.(No removing the header.)

Jetaholic
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Jetaholic's gunna be confused because I already thanked him for posting it and yer saying he's in trouble. Can I be in trouble too?:sqeyes: :jawdrop: :idea:
I'd rather have her take it out on you. I'll get my ass kicked, but you'll probably get your home wrecked. :D

RIVERTIME247
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
topless is that really you in the pic ....well now we have a face behind the voice.