PDA

View Full Version : New Parker Terrible's Open!

Boatcop
04-13-2007, 04:55 PM
The new Terrible's in Parker opened today.
Has diesel and 100+ Octane.
Beer, wine, mini-mart.
Fast food hasn't been decided yet, and the car wash is a week or so away.
Screwed up one-way in - one-way out driveways, though.

Wheeler
04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
And I drove by (twice) today and did not, even notice.
I guess, I was to intent on filing my appeal with the tax assessor.

Boatcop
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
And I drove by (twice) today and did not, even notice.
I guess, I was to intent on filing my appeal with the tax assessor.
Let me guess? The Keys?
Were you at the meeting last week?

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Let me guess? The Keys?
I heard about the meeting

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
So are they going o have 2 Chevrons gas stations with in 2 blocks of eachother?

Boatcop
04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
So are they going o have 2 Chevrons gas stations with in 2 blocks of eachother?
Yep.
Not to mention 2 Terrible's right across the street from each other.
They own the AM/PM, too.

Faceaz
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Let me guess? The Keys?
What's going on with the taxes? I had a couple of people from Marina Manor call me - up in arms. It's our first year paying them, so I don't have anything to base it on, but it's got some people ticked off.

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
What's going on with the taxes? I had a couple of people from Marina Manor call me - up in arms. It's our first year paying them, so I don't have anything to base it on, but it's got some people ticked off.
yeah what happen is 2005/2006 values have caught up to us AZ peeps and we have to pay taxes on it

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Yep.
Not to mention 2 Terrible's right across the street from each other.
They own the AM/PM, too.
Do you think they will rename the town to "Terrible" hahahahahahah Oh sorry not funny

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 06:50 PM
No, Marina Village. The increase from last year to current, more than doubled.
This is why, the Jarvis Gahn initiative came to be.
HOA increase or property taxes?

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Not totally true.
Parker house, 107% increase
Ranch house 40 acres, .055% increase
Unimproved 40 acres, 0% increase
All in La Paz County
http://www.arizonataxrevolt.org/
Ps. Hey Boat Cop! you've been hijacked! sorry, but you did ask ....
OH boy...... Sorry Alan i was just trying to give some freindly imput.

SK48
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Property taxes have doubled in the last two years in La Paz County.
California looks really good about know.:(

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Property Tax. The HOA dues, are still 50.00 per month or 600.00 per annum.
yeah the property taxes went up because of value increases......I wish my HOA was only 50.00 a month

Tequila-John
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Property taxes have doubled in the last two years in La Paz County.
California looks really good about know.:(
Let us know when you move. Take care :)

SK48
04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Unfortunaly property on the California side of the river has gone wild. The
Palm Springs crowd has driven the price out of site. Just looked at a tear down on Colorado River Road north of Blythe for $ 950,000. Also looked at two lots below interstate 10 for 1.3 mil. I like this part of the river, but as
Parker realestate goes down it keeps going up. I already own too much property in Parker at this time.

Boatcop
04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Not totally true.
Parker house, 107% increase
Ranch house 40 acres, .055% increase
Unimproved 40 acres, 0% increase
All in La Paz County
http://www.arizonataxrevolt.org/
Ps. Hey Boat Cop! you've been hijacked! sorry, but you did ask ....
No sweat. :D
The biggest problem isn't so much the taxes, but the assessments. As pointed out, the Parker area (including here in town) have gone way up, and are being assessed at about 70%, while the rural areas are around 7%.
Now I'm not against paying my share of taxes, or even upset about my valuation. Most everyone else shouldn't be either. Your homes in the Manor, or Keys or wherever are valued somewhat, if not a bunch, below what you could sell it for. I know mine is.
The problem lies when there's property out in the boonies that is assessed so far below their value, it's ridiculous. I know of one parcel that was bought a year or two ago for a couple Million dollars that's assessed value is around $70,000.
Don't blame the County leaders for the high taxes. Our rate actually went down, and the Supervisors have nothing to do with valuation. The County is limited to 2% spending growth each year. So if revenue is expected to be more than 2%, the tax rate has to go down. We dropped from 2.25% to 2.04% because of that law.
But the Special districts (School, Hospital, Fire, Sanitation, College, Lighting, etc) aren't bound by the 2% growth cap. They can increase spending as much as they want, or at least what they think they can get away with. Some areas of the County are paying a total of 13% or 14% because of Special Districts. Only 2.04% of that goes to the County. They just collect it for the Districts.
All I know is that when I added on to my home, the Building Permit triggered a re-assessment. They were parked across the street, figuring the new valuation, while the framers didn't even have the walls up. My valuation doubled overnight.
Unfortunately, the only thing you can appeal is if you're property is valued much higher than similar properties in your immediate area. Or is assessed at more than it's worth. You can't appeal because someone on the other side of the County is paying less for a more valuable parcel, or just because your own valuation went up, as long as it's not more than you could sell it for.