PDA

View Full Version : Where was Trident?

doggystyle
02-06-2006, 02:35 PM
I was at the LA boat show last week and I did not see Trident boats anywhere. Whats up with that? I was hoping to see the latest and greatest in twin jet technology. All of the other major boat manufacturers were there.

SHIFTY
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
YOU SHOULDA HIT THE BEER LINE WITH THE REST OF THE NIMRODS, I WAS SEEIN' DOUBLE ALL DAY :)

little rowe boat
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
He was probably afraid he would get his designs splashed. :D

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Didn't make it this year... (I know... or last year... or the year before etc...)
But, if you are anywhere near San Diego I would be happy to take you for a ride on it and let you test drive the boat instead of just look at it at the show.
This goes for all of you folks. Just give me a call first at (619) 448-8584.
Wes

ROZ
02-06-2006, 02:51 PM
He said months ago that the trident wasn't going to be in the show :)
I was speaking to someone over the weekend who priced a certain deckboat that was over Wes's 160k number.. That was without any upgrades... Suddenly the Trident looks like a STEAL with everything it comes with :) Just have to like the dual jet :)

fourspeednup
02-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Didn't make it this year... (I know... or last year... or the year before etc...)
But, if you are anywhere near San Diego I would be happy to take you for a ride on it and let you test drive the boat instead of just look at it at the show.
This goes for all of you folks. Just give me a call first at (619) 448-8584.
Wes
Last Friday I followed a white van with a trident custom boats sticker into a parking lot up here in Ventura. Pretty odd in this area to see a boat sticker much less a TRIDENT. Got to talking with the guy and he's the one who developed the resin infusion deal....can't remember the guy's name to save my life :rolleyes:

doggystyle
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks for the reply. I am curious to see how the twin system performs.

MagicMtnDan
02-06-2006, 03:01 PM
I was at the LA boat show last week and I did not see Trident boats anywhere. Whats up with that? I was hoping to see the latest and greatest in twin jet technology. All of the other major boat manufacturers were there.
The "other major boat manufacturers" are afraid of advanced technology so to everyone's surprise they've been able to band together to fight Trident and keep their industry using the antiquated fabrication processes, materials and propulsion they've been selling to the marketplace for many years now.

MR HARLEY
02-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I seen the Trident , up-close and personnel, great boat, (love the infusion hulls) cant wait to go for a spin. With everything that Wes is putting on his boats as standard stuff is amazing , let alone the 10 year warranty. :cool:

ROZ
02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I seen the Trident , up-close and personnel, great boat, (love the infusion hulls) cant wait to go for a spin. With everything that Wes is putting on his boats as standard stuff is amazing , let alone the 10 year warranty. :cool:
So did you lift the top deck of the red and white one? That could easily be lifted by 2 people !! What's a normal weight deck take, 4 - 6 people?

MR HARLEY
02-06-2006, 03:20 PM
So did you lift the top deck of the red and white one? That could easily be lifted by 2 people !! What's a normal weight deck take, 4 - 6 people?
I did :) I went through all the excercises :rollside:

MR HARLEY
02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
:mad:

ROZ
02-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I did :) I went through all the excercises :rollside:
How did you like those new clips he's using to hold the interior in? SICK I tell ya... Airbornd seat pads when towing(due to old velcro) are a thing of the past :D

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
You guys are going to like this...
Go find HCS... here is the Front Ramp Video (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=659) ...

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Roz,
Stay away from the red and white one. That bitch is MINE.
Well not really, I can dream right?
Brian

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Here is the new shifter. This might be the single coolest thing I have ever built... seriously. Trident Billet shifter (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=644)

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
BTW nice first post. Somethin' tells me you ain't got the sack to post crap like this under the screen name you normally use.
Better duck.....
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Go find HCS... here is the Front Ramp Video (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=659) ...
I like the ramp, nice and sturdy.
Brian

gmocnik
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
wes...
my quess is you have already thought about this ...(it appears that nothing is left off this boat!!!)
when i want my blowup toys (like towable toys, not the other ones....) i want them inflated/deflated quickly...every pump/gadget thing i have ever bought is a piece of crap...a deck boat with a built in compressor/pump for blowing up inflatables would be cool...good lord, dcb has a pump gizmo for washing off your feet.. i solved that years ago by just having my wife wipe my feet down....
i have already drawn my concept on a cocktail napkin and dated it so there is prior art....
all joking aside...serious about the air pump..also sincere in praise for your efforts....great looking boats..
gary

cola
02-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Roz,
Stay away from the red and white one. That bitch is MINE.
Well not really, I can dream right?
Brian
If I wasn't looking for a Trawler, that red & white one would have Mike & Kim hanging on the build tag. Wes that boat looks like a millon $$$$.
Thanks, Mike

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
If I wasn't looking for a Trawler, that red & white one would have Mike & Kim hanging on the build tag. Wes that boat looks like a millon $$$$.
Thanks, Mike
Mike, you can call it a trawler if you want to... I would love to have your name on the build tag...

cola
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Mike, you can call it a trawler if you want to... I would love to have your name on the build tag...
Do you think 1K miles on a tank of fuel is out of the question. :)

INSman
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
That's pretty darn sweet Wes !! :cool:

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 07:20 PM
wes...
my quess is you have already thought about this ...(it appears that nothing is left off this boat!!!)
when i want my blowup toys (like towable toys, not the other ones....) i want them inflated/deflated quickly...every pump/gadget thing i have ever bought is a piece of crap...a deck boat with a built in compressor/pump for blowing up inflatables would be cool...good lord, dcb has a pump gizmo for washing off your feet.. i solved that years ago by just having my wife wipe my feet down....
i have already drawn my concept on a cocktail napkin and dated it so there is prior art....
all joking aside...serious about the air pump..also sincere in praise for your efforts....great looking boats..
gary
Gary... I can put a pump in for you. I know of a couple that were burley enough to do our Zodiacs in the SEALs. I can hard wire one in with a port for you if you want.
Come get a ride in it... the rest sorts itself out.

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Do you think 1K miles on a tank of fuel is out of the question. :)
No. Problem is, you will be redefining what a "tank" is, and where it is located in relation to the boat... for example... I would say that with an appropriate tender, you could go 1K with this on one of the tenders tanks... ;)

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 07:22 PM
That's pretty darn sweet Wes !! :cool:
Waiting on that one, huh.... ;)

Boa1277
02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
That is a really cool ramp my question is do you drive it with it down or up, I guess there is no cutout if you plan to have that ramp? Very cool Idea, I also really like the shifter, everytime I see your boat I like it more and more...

cola
02-06-2006, 09:30 PM
No. Problem is, you will be redefining what a "tank" is, and where it is located in relation to the boat... for example... I would say that with an appropriate tender, you could go 1K with this on one of the tenders tanks... ;)
Such a smooth talker. :)
Mike

Brady Bunch
02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Wes,
The ramp looks sweet. Do you need me to come over and test it out......lol

Froggystyle
02-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Wes,
The ramp looks sweet. Do you need me to come over and test it out......lol
I rated it for you and your brother to jump off of a dock with a 100 pound cooler from 3 feet onto it. Seriously. Used your name and everything. And then when somene said, "Well, sure, you know one guy, but two guys that big???" Brothers dude... brothers...