PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see the news last week?

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 03:34 PM
I was bitching in another thread about something that made me think about what I saw on the news last week.
In the IE last week, there was a traffic stop and an accident, or something like that. I bearly caught it.
A citizen was videotaping an officer that had a man outside the car, on the ground. You could hear the audio of the guy saying several times that he was unarmed, the officer told him to get up, as he did, the officer shot him three or four times.
Luckily the guy lived. I think he was a soldier too.
Did anyone else hear about this?
Brian

little rowe boat
02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Yes, it was a SBCO sheriff deputy and it occurred in Chino Hills.

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes, it was a SBCO sheriff deputy and it occurred in Chino Hills.
Thanks,
I wanted to say it was Corona but I wasn't sure.
Do you know of any other details?
Brian

uvindex
02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks,
I wanted to say it was Corona but I wasn't sure.
Do you know of any other details?
BrianIf you go to google news and search for "officer shoots chino" you'll see lots of stories about it. Here's just one of them:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-highspeed2feb02,0,3338690.story?coll=ktla-news-1

Jbb
02-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Read...this (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104762) ....and this (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105002)

MikeF
02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Disturbing for sure! I saw the vid and can't understand why he fired his weapon at all......and three sucessive shots within one second! The guy was complying! WTF!

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Disturbing for sure! I saw the vid and can't understand why he fired his weapon at all......and three sucessive shots within one second! The guy was complying! WTF!
I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything new. Sometimes there is always three sides as to what happened.
What I saw on TV looked more like an execution you see in a movie.
I am just glad the guy survived. Three bullets?
Brian

Ntwotrance
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Rodney King went to visit him late last week. Last I heard he was out of the hospital, and the family is calling for the cop to be put behind bars. Not sure if there is a link, but appearently, it isn't this cops first time having problems....

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Rodney King went to visit him late last week.
You are kidding right?
Brian

Ntwotrance
02-06-2006, 07:41 PM
No, serious as a heart attack...

wsuwrhr
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
No, serious as a heart attack...
"Can't we all just get along?"
Brian

C-2
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I just saw that video.
Who knows what happened, but if it makes it in front of a jury, the cop telling the guy he just shot to "shut the F up", repeatedly, will hurt him/them beyond belief.

ThongMagnet
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Come on Guys, the guy was just doing his job. Just think, if you were a new officer, and got yourself into his situation.
It's really a tragedy that the officer had to be in that situation, and he has to do that job alone. I'd be scared...probably even shoot a few speeders who looked scary.
Accidents happen, just ask Cheney. :coffeycup

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Come on Guys, the guy was just doing his job. Just think, if you were a new officer, and got yourself into his situation.
It's really a tragedy that the officer had to be in that situation, and he has to do that job alone. I'd be scared...probably even shoot a few speeders who looked scary.
Accidents happen, just ask Cheney. :coffeycup
If that were the case why didn't the officer just shoot the guy when he was prone?
Why make him get up just to put some rounds in him?
I didn't become a cop, I wouldn't want to do a job like that. Locking people up?
Buddy that's out.
Brian