PDA

View Full Version : impeller question

UltraJet
04-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Is it safe to say that most stock jets come equipped with A or AA impellers?? Is there any easy way to confirm which impeller I'm running without actually having to pull the bowl and measure the thing?

jbone
04-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Mine has a tag by the packing gland that has the size impeller among other info.
J

bp
04-15-2007, 03:01 PM
how old is the boat? what kind of pump? how long have you had it? do you know if it's ever been rebuilt?
likely that it's something like an a, but not being the original owner, no telling what someone else might have done... only "real" way to know is to pull the bowl, but that's not as bad as it sounds.

UltraJet
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Jbone!
What an idiot I feel like.:confused: It is right there over the packing gland where you said it would be. It is infact an "A".

cave
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
How old is you boat? Is it new or new to you? If new to you can you get the original owner to inform you if he or she ever rebuild and replace the original impeller. The tag informs you of the original set up.

YeLLowBoaT
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
heres a pic....
http://www.berkeleyjet.com/images/Impelle1.JPG
only way to know for sure is to measure... its not hard...

UltraJet
04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I bought the boat used from a dealer down south. It is a fairly new boat, particularly for a jet, 2000 Ultra Formula model(18.5'). No info as to whom the original owner was. Got the engine info directly from Ultra. It has a stock 454, w/ 390hp upgrade I was told. The pump has been tricked out a little bit though(rideplate,shoe, rooster booster, etc). I suppose the owner could have changed the impeller to improve performance but I doubt it. The boat is equipped to tow skiers so I don't necessarily think that speed was first on the guy's agenda.
Here's a pic although not so good.

pw_Tony
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
How many RPM can a A cut usually run up to?

UltraJet
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
According to American Turbine website, for Dominator 12-S pump and approx. 400 hp, 5000rpm. Boat has a speedometer with p/u in the rear of the hull which I've read from thread to thread is not very accurate. Do not have gps. Speedometer reads approx 60mph at approx 4200rpm when on smooth water and diverter slightly up.