PDA

View Full Version : El Capitan SB

Just-Us
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Who's been here? And how is it? Never been but reserved a site for this w/e. Any input would be appreciated.

breezeblocker
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
i have stayed there once. really liked it. rv spots are basically on an old parking lot all the way in the back next to a group camp area. short walk to staircase leading to the beach. very clean, cold water. great weather, and short distance to solvang or santa barbara. i saw people when i stayed there pulling in late at night and just parking in the lot and staying all night ( no reservation). you could probably try this on another weekend when you cant get a res. i have been meaning to myself:idea:

Just-Us
04-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i have stayed there once. really liked it. rv spots are basically on an old parking lot all the way in the back next to a group camp area. short walk to staircase leading to the beach. very clean, cold water. great weather, and short distance to solvang or santa barbara. i saw people when i stayed there pulling in late at night and just parking in the lot and staying all night ( no reservation). you could probably try this on another weekend when you cant get a res. i have been meaning to myself:idea:
Thanks for the info....

n8dawg
04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Used to work there when I was a kid. Great place! I recomend going in July or August when there is no fog ("June Gloom" as we call it.) Also in the summer time they have live Blues Music every Friday night.
Good times.
Enjoy

Desert Rat
04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey Scott
Did you get a new Motorhome? Haven't been over your way in quite a while. Wife and I have been triny to get thete, give us your opinion when you get back. have fun!

Just-Us
04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey Scott
Did you get a new Motorhome? Haven't been over your way in quite a while. Wife and I have been triny to get thete, give us your opinion when you get back. have fun!
Hey Paul....How you guys doing? Yea, we got a 'new to us' RV last weekend and plan to take it out this w/e to El Capitan. Weather looks to be cool but don't care. Will let you know how it was....:)
PS. Still trying to sell the old RV if you know of anyone interested.

Just-Us
04-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Used to work there when I was a kid. Great place! I recomend going in July or August when there is no fog ("June Gloom" as we call it.) Also in the summer time they have live Blues Music every Friday night.
Good times.
Enjoy
Thanks for the info.....live music is always cool. Have to revist in July / August.

Desert Rat
04-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Geez Scott your drive way must be getting pretty crowded:jawdrop::D BTW what did you pick up?
If you don't want to travel all the way to El Cap and don't need hookups try McGrath state beach. We seem to like it but I would still like to get to El Cap. B.V is a good place to give the MH that first try out due to the full hookups and easy access/location. Damn did I just give BV a compliment:sqeyes: I must be working on killling off the good brain cells by now:D

eliminatedsprinter
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
We went there several years ago on a tent camping trip just before we got the MH. The Campground is up high above and a bit of a dist (but not much) from the beach. I wasn't looking at it from the perspective of taking a MH there back then, but I do remember the campground had a lot of low hanging trees and somewhat narrow roads. Even though El Cap is more scenic I think I like McGrath better, due to the nice campground at McGrath.:idea:

Just-Us
04-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey all, thanks for the info. I think our reservation is the State Beach and not the Ranch. We'll try and check things out to get smarter for the next trip.
We'll definitely checkout McGrath for another trip. And maybe hit BV. Hookups are always nice but not required.
Yea Paul, things are crowded but the new RV, (1996 Pace Arrow Vision 33 Ft.), goes to storage next week and hopefully I'll sell the old one soon. I need room in the driveway for an enclosed trailer.
Again, thanks for all the info......:)

Desert Rat
04-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Like is full of toys!!! At least it should be!!!

Just-Us
04-22-2007, 05:51 PM
We'll definitely go back. :) Camp was clean, quiet, well groomed and just a short walk to the beach. Good place to take your bicycle. Was able to easily maneuver a 33 foot RV through the grounds and into the spot. Looked into making another reservation but looks like it's full till September. Thanks again for all the input.
One thing to know for RV's/Trailers, generators have to be off from 8 PM to 10 AM.

Desert Rat
04-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Scott glad you had a good time. McGrath has the same stupid generator times which cracks me up because the kids on their 2 stroke scooters are buzzing the park at 8:00am:rolleyes:

Just-Us
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Scott glad you had a good time. McGrath has the same stupid generator times which cracks me up because the kids on their 2 stroke scooters are buzzing the park at 8:00am:rolleyes:
What do you know about installing an inverter? Might be the way to go to beat the early generator times.:idea:

Desert Rat
04-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I installed one in mine, It wasn't a piece of cake but it wasn't all that hard either. Check your PM's i'll send you my #. You can check out my installation if you like. It is the way to go..:D

Just-Us
04-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I installed one in mine, It wasn't a piece of cake but it wasn't all that hard either. Check your PM's i'll send you my #. You can check out my installation if you like. It is the way to go..:D
Thanks....