PDA

View Full Version : any big kids here involved in ......

TRG
04-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Remote controled hobbies??
If so what type?
Im kinda hooked on 8th scale nitro buggies and am having a hell of a good time with it!

racecar.hotshoe
04-15-2007, 07:49 PM
I have a extra 300 plane a TSK46 heli and nitro trucks from 10 scale to a 1/4 sprint car

Sotally Tober
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
When I had time to play. Now that I have kids there is no time for RC. I have acouple of planes. One J-3 Cub that has a 4 stroke engine. A .60 X-cell helicopter. A nitro outboard boat. A lot of fun. When my boys get a little older I think I will play with them.

advantage21
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
I run a 8th scale nitro buggy at revelation raceway with some friends.

Speedin' Ian
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm into it all. Nitro stadium truck, nitro boat, and a few planes. Just finishing my dream plane, .91 Corsair complete with gullwing and retractable landing gear. Should be ready to fly ina few weeks.

Psycho Squid
04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
R/c aircraft mostly scale warbirds newest member is an 84''P-38 with air retracts I'm putting in twin 100's for engines. This thing uses a seven chanel radio with 10 servos.........:D I also have a P-51 Dego Red reno racer ready to fly with a 91 four stroker in it and a P-51D Scale with a 100. Had a F4-U coursair but I got bored and stupid flying it oops. Buying a Zero used to have one it was one of my favorite and best flying planes yet. Tip stalled that sucker seeing exactly how slow I could make it fly. Well There's always Archery.......
squid

racecar.hotshoe
04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
When I had time to play. Now that I have kids there is no time for RC. I have acouple of planes. One J-3 Cub that has a 4 stroke engine. A .60 X-cell helicopter. A nitro outboard boat. A lot of fun. When my boys get a little older I think I will play with them.
The cubs are a blast to fly.All the old farts come out with there flight jackets on calling base......final landing........It makes me giggle..:D

TRG
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
revelation is a hoot! the owner Dana said he should have the big track open here in a week or two when i talked with him today, and got to see how the track is gonna be layed out,...can you say BIG?
I used to have a couple 3.5 K&B OB's that ran real well out at leg lake and am currently working on a new design tunnel for a OB or jet and is a splitting image as my 19' TPR tunnel.
I also run a 1/8 Mugen MBX5 prospec,serio.21 evoIII modded to the "gills"
used to run out at the ranch years ago but just got back into it at the start of '07
I knew i was'nt the only nerd here! lol
Off road buggies are the ticket! imo
Todd

TRG
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I'll post some pics of the model stealth boat here pretty soon after i pop the first one and paint it up!

DeltaSigBoater
04-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I have a Traxxas 1/12 Scale Chaparral Villian IV, got it for christmas '92. I left it at the lake one summer and the heat turned it yellow. Havent used it since 2000 when the speed controler got to hot, & caught fire.
Have all the stuff to make it run, just never have had the time.

ShutYaPieHole
04-15-2007, 08:44 PM
This is not a hobby its an addiction.
1 traxxas t-maxx stock
1 traxxas t-maxx with sh .28 engines
1 traxas jato modded 2.5
1 traxxas rustler w/ mammba 7700
1 traxxas rustler stock
1 8 th scale buggy(himoto pro)
1 tc4 sedan mamba 7700
1 aquacraft nitro hammer
Yea i got it bad

dmontzsta
04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I used to be, back when the RC10s were the daddys of the block! :)
We just bought my son a Traxxxas Stampede, I am trying not to become addicted, but out of the box it does pretty well.

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-15-2007, 08:52 PM
2 Losi XXX-T's. One for me, and one for the other kid in the house. Used to race a Tamiya Blackfoot back when Rc-10's were the mack, and smoked 'em on the flat, but could never corner like they could!!
Always a good time taking the kids out to the R/C tracks!!
Fun way to spend some time with the kids...'course I've always gotta have the faster car, so I guess it's more of a way for the kids to spend time with me!!

boatsnblondes
04-15-2007, 09:07 PM
I used to do RC, long ago...got tired of building and crashing.....now, I do model trains, they never crash, and I could care less about rain....fun stuff....anyone else on here into trains???

Big Kahunaa
04-15-2007, 09:49 PM
jato 3.3
trinity blade brushless 1/18
going to oder the 1/8 mantis truck sone

beaverretriever
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Just a little rtr nitro boat. It started out only running 36 on radar, now it is running 52!!! The day I got it, it came all apart. Blue printed the bottom, raised compression, head work, and every hop up part available was installed. :D Sounds just like everything else I own.

dumbandyoung
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Remote controled hobbies??
If so what type?
Im kinda hooked on 8th scale nitro buggies and am having a hell of a good time with it!
I had a traxxass tmax about 5 years ago. kinda itchin to buy a new one. Theres a big dirt field behind my office where i can go to "relax" once a day. ;)

brianwhiteboy
04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
What's up Todd! Long time no talkie :D I just picked up an Associated Monster GT 1/8 scale nitro truck! Havin' fun and already breaking parts :2purples:

707dog
04-16-2007, 05:00 AM
yep got a...
(NEW)traxxas T-MAX 3.3 W/SOME MODS, traxxas rustler 2.5 w/SOME MODS ALL SO MUCH FUN UNTIL THE FLIP AT FULL THROTTLE:mad: ..LMAO:D
PROBABLY LOOKING INTO A BOAT LATER THIS YEAR...

TRG
04-16-2007, 06:31 AM
i also had a associated GT2 here a while ago,broke so many parts, buy the day i stepped up and purchased the mugen buggy, it's so much of a better built car that any of the ready to run stuff out there (not incl. Losi eight fwd buggy), i drive my car tues./thurs out at revelation raceway, its a great time to get away from work and all of the crap, also pretty cheap when your not breakin'! lol Dont really get into racing much, cuz it seems that my car is alergic to race dirt when saturday night rolls around!:idea:
www.revrace.com has a live streamind video check it out

mmered8299
04-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Are you guys having to carry insurance? I was at the local pond the other day and saw a sign stating you needed some kind of insurance before running your boats. I usee to run hydros as a kid and never needed such a thing.

TRG
04-16-2007, 06:37 AM
"Thats a negative ghots rider!...you are not cleared for a flyby"!

racecar.hotshoe
04-16-2007, 06:39 AM
I have AMA Insurance You have to with the planes and Helis

revndave
04-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Im addicted to R/C also:
2 vintage cox scorpions
1 nitro quake truck
1 kyosho mad force
1 rc10t2
1 hpi rs3 nitro street car
1 all aluminum clod buster
1 tube frame clod buster
1 juggernaut 2
1 juggernaut 2 NIB

78Eliminator
04-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I keep debating to get back into RC cars. They are a blast. I have always had electric, never a fuel powered car. Hmmmm. Todd, now you got me thinking about it!!!!!

racecar.hotshoe
04-16-2007, 07:59 AM
I keep debating to get back into RC cars. They are a blast. I have always had electric, never a fuel powered car. Hmmmm. Todd, now you got me thinking about it!!!!!
The battries last longer in a Nitro car......:D

robsformula
04-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I have a hydro with a 7.5 outboard. It will do 42 mph, I got bored with that and bought the Systems 7 cat offshore put it together with twin OPS 90's. That boat will 90 + on flat water. Great boat and design. The color is red though not black like the orignal off shore boat. Overall length is 58"x 14"

intense
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
what's the story of the Lossi 8ight? That thing looks bad ass!

Big Kahunaa
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
alot of guys are running them at the local track nice buggy the 8ight-t is a bad ass truck

Ziggy
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Fly planes in a circle back when they still had strings attached.
Got my son a RC plane when he was young that we together crashed many times.
Had a Traxxas truck for a while, gave that to the kid.
Nope not really into that stuff any longer but I bet if I tried I could be very easily:D

Some Kind Of Monster
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I fly 1/4 scale RC planes. Only the big ones. I have a scale Corsair, and an extra 300s. I also built a couple RC boats (big ones) that I take to the lake with me. They don't burn as much gas!

98 Vector 21
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
My newest addition!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7011IMG_0466-med.JPG

Psycho Squid
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
My newest addition!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7011IMG_0466-med.JPGSweet. I would like to try the boats but which one. I'm a tunnel guy. Has to be a tunnel / cat.......:D

TRG
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I would have to say that the "Eight" is about as bad as it gets, the kit is pretty badass but the best bang for your buck is the losi "Eight" RTR (ready to run) under 600 bucks and all you have to do is buy fues some AA's and break it in, within 2 hrs you can be "MOBBIN" out at the track! i had a chance to try out the RTR a couple days ago and it is a nice "QUICK'', durable 1/8 buggy,...I am more partial to the Mugen MBX5, well i am actualy selling the one i have now and buying the new MBX5R, nothing wrong with the one for sale but there are a few new features that i want to try out and the fact that its "NEW"!
so if anyone is interested in a nice piece, i'll get up some pics!
On the other hand,the losi Eight T is also a nice piece as well, but one thing i have noticed, a few of the guys at revelation raceway have it and are complaining about the front and rear A-arms having trouble dealing with the abuse of bigger jumps, but i figure that TL will come out with some Adam Drake A-arms or something to that affect, again!...i think that the mugen MBX5T (their model of a truggy) is far superior! just my opinion,...both nice truggies & buggies!
Todd

TRG
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
So...is anyone going out tomorrow night to revelation, for practice night, track opens 4-11PM tues and thurs nights, if so, my car is red and white with a black wing/wheels (like everything else i own! lol) come up and introduce yourself!
Todd

Rocknpalms
04-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I got out of the plane hobby when we had kids. I have a large Hanger 9 Cap 232 (I think it is quarter scale wing span 97") and some large gas engines for sale. Cap has one flight on it and the engine is never run.
PM me if you are interested. I will send pics.

FryJet
04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Got rid of my T and E-Maxx cars and I think im going to pick up a HPI Baja 5b 1/5 scale car. My buddy got one and its pretty bad ass. No more nitro headaches , runs on oil mix and is super reliable tough. Check out this vid, its not his car but it gives you a picture of what they can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOQbWCuVDQ
F.J.

Buddy
04-18-2007, 06:41 AM
I want one of those little mini helicopters for indoors that you see on tv. Anyone have one, looks loke fun for chasing the cat and dog around:D

Billdoe
04-20-2007, 09:14 PM
RC Boats are a blast If you run Gas Powered ones ... gas/oil mix they make some 27cc pullstart motors that put out 6+ hp and turn 18K rpm's . ive ran Nitro boats for about 8 yrs there fast but there tempermental and Messy .... the new Gas Motors they make are so powerful and can push a 45 inch tunnell or mono hull to around 65 mph .. i use to take mine out with buddies to the lake and run it in the coves and race the boat going down the lake .. was fun passing your buddies boat doing 53 on both speedo's and you rip past him doing 60+ mph .. anyway ive done planes cars and boats and the Trick boats out there are actually a Blast .. this winter i plan on building another RC Boat from Scratch .. be about boat number 16 ive built .. now if i can just finish myu first v-drive and get in the water i can have a boat to take my toy out on lol

craiginlaverne
04-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I just got into fixing up old school bmx bikes. Iam bidding on one on evil bay. Its just a frame, but its real nice. I got my first two off of here about 5 months ago. I got an alum. GT and a chromed Haro. The gt is my oldest sons and the Haro is mine. I went through the whole thing. Replaced some parts with anodized stuff. Got rid of th black handlbars and put on some chrome ones. Capped it of with Oakley grips. Its all chrome and blue. Anybody out there have any old bmx bikes they want to get rid of? I prefer 80's bmx bikes, but open to 90's.

spectras only
04-21-2007, 07:52 PM
46" Prather , 38 CC engine with home made Arneson drive
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Prather%20custom%202
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Prather2.jpg
Xray M18 [ 18th scale] 40mph
Bell 47 scale heli
MS composit Hornet micro heli
Walkera electric heli , video >http://media.putfile.com/Walkera-60B
Trex 450 SE electric heli
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_0431.JPG

catman-do
04-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Ive got a T4 that I play with every once in a while. Have a Nitro gas truck that sucks a$$, and now ive gotten into Combat Wings. If you are into planes, you should check these out. They are very fast and durrable. Ive got a brushless motor in mine and it said to do about 75. I bought it over a plane because I can fly it out in Glamis alot. They can be a little tricky to learn though.