PDA

View Full Version : Jordy

phebus
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Jordy, what is a good hotel to stay at in Scotsdale in the old town area in stumbling distance to the restaurants (bars). Anniversary coming up, and want to go with the wife. Want nice, but can't afford over the top.
Thanks

Jordy
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Jordy, what is a good hotel to stay at in Scotsdale in the old town area in stumbling distance to the restaurants (bars). Anniversary coming up, and want to go with the wife. Want nice, but can't afford over the top.
Thanks
When are you planning on being here?? Definately lots of options, even more depending on what you want to do as far as spas, massages, full amenities.. Lots and lots of stuff (i.e. great bars/food) in Old Town. Narrow it down a little bit for me. :D

phebus
04-15-2007, 09:03 PM
No schedule, I want to surprise her for our anniversary which is during Desert Storm, so it won't be then but I'd like to do it before then. Probably just go for a night.

Kachina26
04-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Make sure you turn him on to the massages with "happy endings".

phebus
04-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Our itinerary will be dinner, then drinking. I'm a real romantic :D

squirt'nmyload
04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
there is a marriot suites, comfort suites, hilton garden and many others right at scottsdale rd & indian school rd........really close to old town scottsdale

Jordy
04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
No schedule, I want to surprise her for our anniversary which is during Desert Storm, so it won't be then but I'd like to do it before then. Probably just go for a night.
Before then leaves less than 2 weeks. Let me think a bit and I'll get back to you. ;)

phebus
04-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Maybe we will go the week after Desert Storm, as that is my birthday, and we will just combine celebrations.

BigDoug
04-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Phebus, that's great !! now you can spank each other. :D

PHX ATC
04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Forget the hotel, stay at La Casa de Jordy!:D

Jordy
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Maybe we will go the week after Desert Storm, as that is my birthday, and we will just combine celebrations.
You say it's your birthday, well it's my birthday too!!! Can't wait to be 21 again!!!! :D :D :D
Forget the hotel, stay at La Casa de Jordy!:D
No room at the inn. See above post. I'm thinking some drunken shennanigans involving the hot tub and a bunch of scantily clad females are in order. That's how I intend to celebrate Seis de Mayo. :D :D :D

AZJD
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
The Mondrian! Close to everything, trendy and has a great spa. There is also the Valley Ho that is a remodel of an old and popular resort.

Jordy
04-16-2007, 07:54 PM
:jawdrop: there are some amazing trailer parks in snootsdale:jawdrop: even better over in Jordy's westside world !! Eastside baby, Eastside, home in the 208/209:D :D
I'm not in the west side though. I'm North side, Paradise Valley side. :D :D :D
Valley Ho would be a good one. There's also a Marriott (I think) on the NEC of Indian School and Scottsdale Rd, really in the middle of everything. ;)

AZJD
04-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Marriot is more business oriented. If you don't mind a shuttle ride I recommend the Phoenician. I have stayed at all 3 of these places and the Phoenician is the most resortish of them all. The other two are trendy and have the big bathtubs and the flatscreen tv's. More of a Hollywoodsy kind of hotel.

Jordy
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Marriot is more business oriented.
He said something nice, not over the top, close to everything. The Marriott fits that bill, which is why I didn't suggest the Phoenician, although the thought did cross my mind. ;)

phebus
04-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Which hotel has the softest floor? I plan on stumbling back to the room, and falling in the door. :D

AZJD
04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
:D The Buttes would be cool............
20-25mins south of down town scottsdale.
And Phebus, I will give you Jordans address and the key to the gate aswell as the dogs names and favorite treats........because he keeps his hot tub hot and unlocked. Free room and board and its soft!:D

Jordy
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
And Phebus, I will give you Jordans address and the key to the gate aswell as the dogs names and favorite treats........because he keeps his hot tub hot and unlocked. Free room and board and its soft!:D
Wow, aren't you all kinds of help today. I guess I'll have to drop the price on all the new stereo equipment in my kitchen, just to keep up. People helping people. :D :D :D

cdog
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Well shit! Motel 6 is right there off of camel toe. Just west of the pink taco.:D
I stayed at a cool place called the sunburst just north of cameltoe and scottsdale. Kind of modern tropical and had a bitchen pool.
I guess they've change names a couple of times.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31350-d115494-Reviews-Caleo_Resort_Spa-Scottsdale_Arizona.html

phebus
04-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Jordy, we went to a good dive bar/restaurant yesterday near Lake Pleasant. The Road Runner, I'm sure you must know it. Pretty cool dive.

Jordy
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Jordy, we went to a good dive bar/restaurant yesterday near Lake Pleasant. The Road Runner, I'm sure you must know it. Pretty cool dive.
Is that the little white place over off of 99th/Lake Pleasant Rd and Carefree Highway???
Oh, and I thought you guys weren't coming this way for a couple weeks, or was this just a scouting trip?

phebus
04-19-2007, 06:55 AM
No, it's a old wooden struture off New River. Old, classic place.

Jordy
04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
OK. I've been through/by New River hundreds of times, normally on my way somewhere, so I've never actually stopped to eat or drink there. I'm sure there are some pretty good little places in there though. :)

phebus
04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
We will be in Scotsdale in a couple of weeks, staying at the Marriot. Yesterday we were there looking at a boat.

Some Kind Of Monster
04-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Gainey Suites is very nice and very close to some good bars / restaraunts. They have all the good stuff.

Jordy
04-19-2007, 07:03 AM
We will be in Scotsdale in a couple of weeks, staying at the Marriot. Yesterday we were there looking at a boat.
OK. Didn't hear any reviews of accomidations so I wanted to make sure we didn't steer ya wrong. ;)
Gainey Suites is very nice and very close to some good bars / restaraunts. They have all the good stuff.
Gainey Suites tend to be very business oriented though. Now, if you want to hang out at the newest place in the areay:
http://www.fireskyresort.com/

Tequila-John
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
I suggest here. THE FAIRMONT SCOTTSDALE PRINCESS
http://www.fairmont.com/Scottsdale/

kphayes
04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Is that the little white place over off of 99th/Lake Pleasant Rd and Carefree Highway???
Oh, and I thought you guys weren't coming this way for a couple weeks, or was this just a scouting trip?
Jordy-Your thinking of the Wild Horse. Ask phebus who's boat he scouted yesterday.

phebus
04-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Jordy-Your thinking of the Wild Horse. Ask phebus who's boat he scouted yesterday.
Your folks are the nicest people! Hell, I'm going to buy their boat, and they have a standing invitation to come boating with us any time. Actually, we are going to buy their boat, I'm not kidding. We didn't commit, because we had another boat that was a little cheaper that we looked at today. Tough decision, but we liked their boat better.

Chico&Zeus
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
That place is like 2 minutes from my backyard....spent many a drunken night there for all you can eat fish Friday's...kinda "Roadhouse" like but it's close:idea:

kphayes
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Your folks are the nicest people! Hell, I'm going to buy their boat, and they have a standing invitation to come boating with us any time. Actually, we are going to buy their boat, I'm not kidding. We didn't commit, because we had another boat that was a little cheaper that we looked at today. Tough decision, but we liked their boat better.
That's cool! They said them same about you two, "The nicest couple". And don't think they won't take you up on that offer.
They are a blast to hang out with, most all of their friends are in their 30's & 40's. We were just out there a coulpe of weeks ago for a surprise birthday party for Carter that my mom threw. Can you believe he's 70. He tears it up wether it's riding Rhino's in the desert or boating on the lakes. He introduced us to Sobe bombs while we were out there. DAMN!
Congrats on the boat!!!