PDA

View Full Version : Who got caught on Havasu Thursday??

RaceFace
04-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Nice storm that blasted in. It went from smooth to "Victory at Sea" within half an hour!!....and COLD!!

phebus
04-16-2007, 07:36 AM
We were supposed to go for a test ride on a boat that day, and the winds were calm early. We went out for a late breakfast, and were eating, when a huge dust cloud blew by. By the time we were done eating, the winds were blowing 25mph plus, and didn't slow down. Didn't go for the test ride.

yopengo
04-16-2007, 07:42 AM
I did and it SUCKED!!!! :eek:

Dan Lorenze
04-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I did.. I did a loop around the island and right about site 6 the waves were getting bigger and bigger, we made it back to the Channel where we sat for the rest of the day. The wind really tossed my little boat around... The wife didn't dig it at all.. :D

HocusPocus
04-16-2007, 08:11 AM
we got in wednesday afternoon and thursday was to be our first day on the lake. after getting the boat prepped and feeding the kids breakfast we started heading down and the lake was starting to look a little angry. we decided to just go back to the house, park the boat and then took the kids to the movies. saturday morning we left site six at 7 am and it was fine until around 1 when we decided to head back in. 4 days in havi with only 6 hrs on the lake... still beats working. :)

yopengo
04-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I did.. I did a loop around the island and right about site 6 the waves were getting bigger and bigger, we made it back to the Channel where we sat for the rest of the day. The wind really tossed my little boat around... The wife didn't dig it at all.. :D
Best thing about taking your wife out in big waves...when we got back to the house she said "I think we need a bigger boat" :D The only problem is that she is thinking of a tritoon. :eek: Oh well I have had my full of fast boats and Havasu is such a big boat lake now. I am ready to go low and slow. Can you put a Blue Motor in a JC Tritoon? :D

Dan Lorenze
04-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Best thing about taking your wife out in big waves...when we got back to the house she said "I think we need a bigger boat"
:D :D :D

HocusPocus
04-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Best thing about taking your wife out in big waves...when we got back to the house she said "I think we need a bigger boat" :D The only problem is that she is thinking of a tritoon. :eek: Oh well I have had my full of fast boats and Havasu is such a big boat lake now. I am ready to go low and slow. Can you put a Blue Motor in a JC Tritoon? :D
thats pretty much what we did.. sold both boats a year ago then bought a new tri-toon and seadoo. it has worked out great for us but i still want a deck boat, maybe next year. :D

nodigg
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Loaded the boat with supplies, got the kids all rounded up, drove down to Windsor to launch and made a left onto Industrial and went back home after seeing the white caps.......then it got dark and all heck broke loose. Lucky choice for us.

lewiville
04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Here are some pics I took from sitting in the channel Thursday from the Az side.
looking toward the Nautical Inn
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6738River_4-12-07-30.jpg
looking toward the bridge
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6738River_4-12-07-32.jpg

voodoomedman
04-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah Thursday was nuts. Launched and it was fine so we took off south. I got just past Steamboat and decided to head back and chill in Steamboat cuz I didn't like the way the sky looked. We were chillin in Steamboat for a few and the wind got a little silly so we booked back to the channel and the water wasn't really too bad. Hung out in the channel for a bit and the weather wasn't getting any better so we decided to get the heck out while we could. Got to the mouth of the the channel at Windsor Basin and was staring down 6 foot freaking rollers. It was nuts. I could have made it but why. Dropped my in-laws off by the condos and they hiked the road through Windsor for the couple or so miles and got my truck to pull us out at the Marina. I hate the Marina but they sure do have the best location. Oh and they were jerks that day as well. Made us hate them even more.