PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Sport Cat O/B

riverratrob
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Has anyone heard any good or bad info on this boat .Saw it at the boat show thought it looked real good .

Run_em_Hard
04-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I own an advantage and love it...my old man has had three. Awesome boats.

That Guy
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I drove one a year or so ago...I have their 25 V and they asked me to come drive it and give my impressions...nice boat, pretty unique in the way they are configured...handled well, but don't underpower it or you will be kicking yourself...overall a nice boat and Advantage has been great to deal with over the years....just my .02.:)

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Has anyone heard any good or bad info on this boat .Saw it at the boat show thought it looked real good .
WELL HECK...guess i will have to read this thread :( since its my boat TYPE they are talking about...http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/SPORTSCAT.jpg
OH THANKS TODD FOR THE PIC, BY THE WAY...

Throttle
04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
did they have one of those at da show in OC? I didnt even see it...

MR.rvrluvr
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
WELL HECK...guess i will have to read this thread :( since its my boat they are talking about...http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
spent the weekend following this boat around...VERY nice boat... Fernando loves it and has nothing but good things to say about it....Looks really good on the water too..

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
they had it at the last one boat show when saw you...;) and you got us the beer :D way back when...oh, that was the LA boat show...:D

Havasu1986
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
they had it at the last boat show when we saw you...;) and you got us the beer :D way back when...oh, that was the LA boat show...:D
Fixed it for you. Now it's understandable.:D

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Fixed it for you. Now it's understandable.:D
oh thanks...and by the way ;) FRANK.... you lurker...feel free to give your opinion anytime...jump on in...MEOW...LOL:)

ToMannyToys
04-16-2007, 07:09 PM
No sport cats at the OC Show. Limited on room sense we had the 34 offshore on the floor. We did have 7 different models at the show. The 28 Sport cat is a very nice boat!

NuckinFutz
04-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I like the way they look as well. Haven't driven or even been in one moving, but I love my 25' V. Advantage has always treated me well.

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
No sport cats at the OC Show. Limited on room sense we had the 34 offshore on the floor. We did have 7 different models at the show. The 28 Sport cat is a very nice boat!
well heck thank you manny!!~!

Thorsinc
04-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I vote for the 34’! Customer service is great with Advantage.
Eazykiller thank for not laughing in my face when I almost ate shait on the curb at car toyz, sad thing I was sober and pulled a move like that :)

Throttle
04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah, I didn't think I would have missed it...

Mattman
04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I have had 3 Advantages over the last few years. 22' Sport Cat, 27' Victory, and the 30' Victory. I can't say enough good things about their boats. Would love to own the 28' Sport Cat some day. I could go on and on about the quality of the boats, rigging, design and so on. However, the best part about Advantage is Debbie, Scott, Bob, Bill and Kevin. They are an all around class act in my book. If you get a chance, check out the regatta which is a blast or better yet stop by the factory. You will be glad you did!

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I vote for the 34’! Customer service is great with Advantage.
Eazykiller thank for not laughing in my face when I almost ate shait on the curb at car toyz, sad thing I was sober and pulled a move like that :)
oh yeah... hope your leg is ok...yea that must of sucked ...hey :( i didnt think that was funny at all. ..it looked like you f up your ankle...yikes! hope you're ok
oh and nice meeting you...
did you see me ;) back up the truck, and hit the hitch? yep i was rite on the MONEY...no problem!!! i showed themz, i can do it!!! yepper! a lil ol gurly can do it!

Thorsinc
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM
oh yeah... hope your leg is ok...yea that must of sucked ...hey :( i didnt think that was funny at all. ..it looked like you f up your ankle...yikes! hope you're ok
oh and nice meeting you...
did you see me ;) back up the truck, and hit the hitch? yep i was rite on the MONEY...no problem!!! i showed themz, i can do it!!! yepper! a lil ol gurly can do it!
My ankle swelled to about ½ of a baseball. Bradman and his crew kept me on a (beer and patron) liquid pain medication for the weekend. No boat no responsibilities!
I love watching a women out back down (boys) at the launch ramp. My wife finally a week ago got the courage to try it with our 34’. It looked like she’s been doing it for years.

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
My ankle swelled to about ½ of a baseball. Bradman and his crew kept me on a (beer and patron) liquid pain medication for the weekend. No boat no responsibilities!
I love watching a women out back down (boys) at the launch ramp. My wife finally a week ago got the courage to try it with our 34’. It looked like she’s been doing it for years.
yea a couple weekends back, chris got paid 100$ TO BACK A 30 FT KACHINA into the water, on site six...i dropped our boat rite next to chris...and of course :D had to be done, before him....:devil:

ToMorrow44
04-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I second everyone else with Advantage being the best to deal with and having a great boat with great looks and features. May not be the fastest boats, but definitely the best all around boats and thats why they sell so many. Never been in a 28 cat but the only time I saw one run it was outrunning an HTM near the sandbar and it looked awesome.
-Tom

DMOORE
04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I own a 28 Sport Cat with twins. These boats are just fantastic. They handle all types of water with a very good ride, predictable handling, and can handle some big power. Mine is a closed bow. But I'm sure the open bow would be more of the same. BTW, Advantage is a great bunch of folks to deal with.
Darrell.

Decided Advantage
04-17-2007, 04:03 AM
A cat without the quirks. The sport cat is the corvette of the water. There are faster cats but I don't know if there are any easier and safer to drive fast.
They like power. The rush in this boat come through the sensation of speed and leaves you asking for more. Everyone in the boat feels it vs. a rush from uneasiness and living on the edge where your passengers will be climbing over you to pull the power back. VERY solid handling.
A boat everyone enjoys!
:D

EAZYKILLER2006
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
:)