PDA

View Full Version : NEXTEL sucks !! I need a VERIZON Hookup !

THATJEFFGUY
04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
OK so after several years using a Nextel, I'm finally sick of their shitty service ! The upside to Nextel is that I have an excellent pricing plan that's gonna be hard to beat. I also wanna take my Nextel # with me. So, who has the Verizon Wireless hookup on here ??

EmpirE231
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm in the same boat as you.... gonna dump nextel after 4 years or so.... and looking at either verizon, sprint or cingular :)

slotracer
04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
if you go to sprint its the same as nextel. over all i run 45 nextel radio's
and its just like any where else some good days and some bad. but like you
say its going to be hard to beat the price. i am a corporate account so i get
some great prices.:D

wright27
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I have nextel through work and yes it sucks. I also had Verizon and it sucks also. I switched to T-mobile and I have no problems. I get great service and I have a great rate. Just my .02

27 Awesome cat
04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Can you hear me now??? Nextel=No signal...

Eliminator 4 Life
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I was a nextel customer and now I have verizon and I cant wait tell July when my contract is up Im done with verizon.. :D

INI
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I was a nextel customer and now I have verizon and I cant wait tell July when my contract is up Im done with verizon.. :D
Ditto that....Trust me...In my line of work i have to have a phone on and available 24/7 365.....RX sucks... :D
With that said......I have every carrier and depending on where iam i will have each phone forward to a phone to a phone to a get the picture.....:mad:
Nextel is the best for ALL OVER service..Not the best phones but great service
Boost same as nextel...Good customer service
Cingular works in So Cal San Clemente to San Diego its the best
T-MO works in Newport Beach to Long beach ( they have the best ocean coverage)
Verizon works well everywhere but water...OCEAN SUCKS, HAVI SUCKS, BLYTHE SUCKS, LAUGHLIN SUCKS :confused:

nextel4u
04-16-2007, 03:47 PM
OK so after several years using a Nextel, I'm finally sick of their shitty service ! The upside to Nextel is that I have an excellent pricing plan that's gonna be hard to beat. I also wanna take my Nextel # with me. So, who has the Verizon Wireless hookup on here ??
Jeff
Have you tried our Hybrid phone yet?
I can give you one to demo for a few days.
This new phone operates on our Sprint CDMA network for cellular and our Nextel IDEN network for walkie talkie.
dm25advantage here on ***boat sells Verizon. We grew up in the same area in Ventura County Ca. He will take great care of you if you want to swith over.
Here to help
John

pattymelt18
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I love my nextel everyones cell phone works in parker, look down NOT MINE crappiest service known to man.:D

H20 Toie
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
i got rid of nextel after having them for years and went to cingular and its not perfect but way better then the nextel ever was

blown65
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Ditto that....Trust me...In my line of work i have to have a phone on and available 24/7 365.....RX sucks... :D
With that said......I have every carrier and depending on where iam i will have each phone forward to a phone to a phone to a get the picture.....:mad:
Nextel is the best for ALL OVER service..Not the best phones but great service
Boost same as nextel...Good customer service
Cingular works in So Cal San Clemente to San Diego its the best
T-MO works in Newport Beach to Long beach ( they have the best ocean coverage)
Verizon works well everywhere but water...OCEAN SUCKS, HAVI SUCKS, BLYTHE SUCKS, LAUGHLIN SUCKS :confused:
Nextel up here sux, coverage and dropped calls galore. We switched everything over to Cingular a yr ago and couldn't be happier.

Summer LuvN
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
I had verizon, they suck too. I think they all suck, dropped calls, high bills, overage. Bite the bullet. I went to cricket. One price unlimited minutes. Verizon nailed me for four hundred dollars on overage ( the bast***s) I still have dropped calls but at least I'm not paying 427.00

Ryphraph
04-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a Nextel for work.
The good thing used to be that it got no service in Parker.
Now we have service there suddenly after 5 years...
Still sucks though.
Ryph

THATJEFFGUY
04-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Jeff
Have you tried our Hybrid phone yet?
I can give you one to demo for a few days.
This new phone operates on our Sprint CDMA network for cellular and our Nextel IDEN network for walkie talkie.
dm25advantage here on ***boat sells Verizon. We grew up in the same area in Ventura County Ca. He will take great care of you if you want to swith over.
Here to help
John
Hey John
That would probably be a good idea. I never use the walkie anyway. I'll give you a call tomorrow...this old i760 is a POS now anyway, so it's time to upgrade I guess

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Dont make the switch!! I did it and it was a mistake. Nextel rocks compared to Verizon!! I will put up with a little shiat from Nextel now, Verizon sux all the way from customer service to phone service. Sprint is my only second choice, I just like my radio sometimes too.

wright27
04-17-2007, 06:18 AM
If you don't need the two way, and phone service is all you are looking for seriously check out T-mobile. There rate plans are the lowest I found and there service is great.

dm25advantage
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
hey john, thanks for the kind words. john and I have been in the businees for a longtime. he's the guy if u need nextel..
to be honest, they all suck...... i tell all my customers to find a carrier that works best at home, work and your vacation stops period. they all have dead stops and it depends on the rep that picks up the call to make your customer service call a good one... when u deal with my company, u never have to call customer care. u call us and we take care u anything u need..... if we have to call customer care, we do it for u. if u have anymore questions please call me.
Young@ Vision Wireless

Roaddogg 4040
04-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I second the vote for Young. He got my last two phones for me that Verizon wanted me to pay for. He got them free and I didn't have to deal with Verizon... He did all the calling and paperwork. Great guy...
Steve

LLGirl
04-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I have two phones, one is nextel, the other is with cingular. Absolutely hate the nextel. Coverage is horrible. Drop calls a lot. Love my cingular phone. Coverage area is great where I use it, including the river. dm25advantage is right though. Customer service is a big deal. Cingular has horrible customer service every time I need to use them (to change phones, plans, etc). Very hard to get anything done with them. Haven't had to deal with nextel customer service. Purchasing guy does that. Don't know how good/bad it is.

dm25advantage
04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I second the vote for Young. He got my last two phones for me that Verizon wanted me to pay for. He got them free and I didn't have to deal with Verizon... He did all the calling and paperwork. Great guy...
Steve
hey steve,
thanks for the kind words... how have u been? i'll be out in 2 weeks for the poker run, maybe we can meet up and have some cold ones.... take care

Roaddogg 4040
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Just workin on the boat and house. I'm getting ready to go back to Michigan for a few months. Hell, I don't even know when the poker run is..:D
Steve

bignet
04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Nextel sucks balls!! I drop calls everywhere! I swear I could be in the middle of Rancho Cucamonga and I'll have no service for minutes at a time. And, I don't get messages right away! :hammer2: I wish I could pull out my :lightsabe and start taking suckas out!
Anyone have great service with any other plans? :confused:
:devil:
bignet

THATJEFFGUY
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Nextel sucks balls!! I drop calls everywhere! I swear I could be in the middle of Rancho Cucamonga and I'll have no service for minutes at a time. And, I don't get messages right away! :hammer2: I wish I could pull out my :lightsabe and start taking suckas out!
Anyone have great service with any other plans? :confused:
:devil:
bignet
\
Exactly !!! I'm sick of missing calls and messages

Ivan Dan
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM
hey john, thanks for the kind words. john and I have been in the businees for a longtime. he's the guy if u need nextel..
to be honest, they all suck...... i tell all my customers to find a carrier that works best at home, work and your vacation stops period. they all have dead stops and it depends on the rep that picks up the call to make your customer service call a good one... when u deal with my company, u never have to call customer care. u call us and we take care u anything u need..... if we have to call customer care, we do it for u. if u have anymore questions please call me.
Young@ Vision Wireless
Any experiences with this phone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2200&changingCompletedOrder=)??? I'm a realtor and this is the only phone Verizon offers that is compatible with my system to be able to access real estate lockboxes via infrared. What kind of deal could you hook up on this phone for me?
Appreciate the help!
DAN

HM
04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I have Nextel...I ported my Verizon number to it. Verizon was the best coverage, but they reemed me hard on overages. I have a Nextel corporate contract with 5 phones and it is pretty darn cheap.
Dropped calls sucks....especially on Fridays.
I can't switch between calls on a somewhat regular basis, even when the other call has hung up and is no longer connected.
Won't let me call out on occassion with full green bars.
And, I get that surely drunken connection atleast once a day. If it is someone that knows, it is no big deal...but I have to tell people the connection is bad and makes me sound like I am drunk half the time...when I am really only drunk about 25% of the time. :D
Also, end of the day...usually Fridays, a bunch of messages will show up from hours earlier.
And, occasional my VJay Golf Game locks up.

dm25advantage
04-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Any experiences with this phone (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2200&changingCompletedOrder=)??? I'm a realtor and this is the only phone Verizon offers that is compatible with my system to be able to access real estate lockboxes via infrared. What kind of deal could you hook up on this phone for me?
Appreciate the help!
DAN
call me, i have to look at your acct, u might get discounts on the phone if u havent got a new phone in two years. it will only take a few mins to look up your acct.. Young 8055272222 in the office all day

lalhc
04-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Just like what dm25advantage said, all carriers suck. and their customer care sucks even more. I have been in the wireless business (Verizon, Nextel & Sprint) for over 18 years now. Whether it is for business or personal use, you need to pick a carrier that works best for you, not for others.

dm25advantage
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
verizon has the best coverage and they know that.. they are not cheap like other carriers out there, but u get what u pay for.... i been hearing all u guys saying that verizon got u on overages... the real problem is that the sales person put u on the wrong price plan... u always want to give yourself a few extra mins(atleast 200 to 300 hundred mins), just in cause that month u need it for extra calls. a extra $20 bucks a month is better than a few hundred when u go over.

dm25advantage
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Just workin on the boat and house. I'm getting ready to go back to Michigan for a few months. Hell, I don't even know when the poker run is..:D
Steve
its april 27th to 29th......

HM
04-18-2007, 10:08 AM
verizon has the best coverage and they know that.. they are not cheap like other carriers out there, but u get what u pay for.... i been hearing all u guys saying that verizon got u on overages... the real problem is that the sales person put u on the wrong price plan... u always want to give yourself a few extra mins(atleast 200 to 300 hundred mins), just in cause that month u need it for extra calls. a extra $20 bucks a month is better than a few hundred when u go over.
Verizon didn't have a plan for someone who does 8000 minutes +++. I got on an unlimited corporate plan with Nextel for $150 month with a 50 year commitment :D. Verizon may have a plan, but I felt I got dicked fairly hard by them as I tried to move around plans a bit, and the rep who moved my plan did it in the middle of the month cause me to be over by 2000 minutes when they prorated it. The rep claimed he explained that i could be charged...dm25advantage...do the math on 2000 minutes over! There is a difference in "could be charged" and "hold on to your asshole because this is going to hurt worse than Bubba in prison!" Then, after I paid Verizon thousands of dollars, they came after me for some bullshit $10 dollar charge...and they harassed the shit out of me for $10. So, I sent them a payment for $0.01 each month. They dinged my credit for it, but it hardly had an effect as it was the only derogatory I had.
Verizon quality of connections was the best I have used - especially when I traveled all over the U.S. But, Verizon did drop just as many calls as Nextel. The quality difference is mostly in the coverage and actual connection of the call.

Hfmnhoe
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
my wifes vorizon service works every where my nextel dosent:idea:

TCN
04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Nextel does SUCK. We just switched to Verizon today and payed the early cancellation rip off, I mean fee's. Got nicer phones, a better plan, and it's cheaper per month.

dm25advantage
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Verizon didn't have a plan for someone who does 8000 minutes +++. I got on an unlimited corporate plan with Nextel for $150 month with a 50 year commitment :D. Verizon may have a plan, but I felt I got dicked fairly hard by them as I tried to move around plans a bit, and the rep who moved my plan did it in the middle of the month cause me to be over by 2000 minutes when they prorated it. The rep claimed he explained that i could be charged...dm25advantage...do the math on 2000 minutes over! There is a difference in "could be charged" and "hold on to your asshole because this is going to hurt worse than Bubba in prison!" Then, after I paid Verizon thousands of dollars, they came after me for some bullshit $10 dollar charge...and they harassed the shit out of me for $10. So, I sent them a payment for $0.01 each month. They dinged my credit for it, but it hardly had an effect as it was the only derogatory I had.
Verizon quality of connections was the best I have used - especially when I traveled all over the U.S. But, Verizon did drop just as many calls as Nextel. The quality difference is mostly in the coverage and actual connection of the call.
sorry to hear that...the rep should of backdated your plan so u started the billing cycle on the new plan.... it's too late now... all carriers will nickel and dime u for a cent....