PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of Good peeps.....

blackcloud75
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Not to get all emotional but....................
It always blows me away how through this "HI-Tech" pen-pal-type-site that people come together and help one another out.....including fostering close-knit friendships......
There have been a few times where I have had to ask favors of HB members and without a bat-of-an-eye they jump to assist in any form or fashion, no questions asked.......Maybe that is why we all are so addicted to the hobby of Boating(and this site)
The reason I bring this up......
My neighbor(and life long friend/HB Lurker) was having some issues last Friday with his new AC unit on his river house. Down the street their was this AC Technician workin' on our other neighbors house. My buddy, stumped at the issue, walks down and talks to the technician. The tech. offers to come check it out....needless to say the tech. was able to help him out and resolve issues but refused gratuities....very professional and customer service savy.....the tech also is an HB Member that I have never been fortunate enough to meet in person(only read on here)....I guess what I am getting at is SLOWINHAVASU is a standup individual and there are many people on here that show that same character and make me want to come back to the river, even more, after I leave......
Cory
BTW....Carey, Scott can't thank you enough...he will get you that beer

blackcloud75
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
And if it wasn't for this site...........
I would never ever found my long-lost "taller" twin brother..........TCN:D
LOL!!!!! I don't know how many times we've heard that.........

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
;) yep some good peeps!

Throttle
04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
he is not that much taller... hehehe

blackcloud75
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
;) yep some good peeps!
The list is long...... but everybody I have had contact with though the boards, I can't wait to party and hang with again:)

blackcloud75
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
I am 4'13" with a 24 inch inseam.........he's got me by a few inches:D

Throttle
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
always lookin forward to some good times...

EAZYKILLER2006
04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
always lookin forward to some good times...
missed ya this past weekend:(

dicudmore
04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
It always blows me away how through this "HI-Tech" pen-pal-type-site that people come together and help one another out.....including fostering close-knit friendships......
There have been a few times where I have had to ask favors of HB members and without a bat-of-an-eye they jump to assist in any form or fashion, no questions asked.......Maybe that is why we all are so addicted to the hobby of Boating(and this site)
My neighbor(and life long friend/HB Lurker) was having some issues last Friday with his new AC unit on his river house. Down the street their was this AC Technician workin' on our other neighbors house. My buddy, stumped at the issue, walks down and talks to the technician. The tech. offers to come check it out....needless to say the tech. was able to help him out and resolve issues but refused gratuities....very professional and customer service savy.....the tech also is an HB Member that I have never been fortunate enough to meet in person(only read on here)....I guess what I am getting at is SLOWINHAVASU is a standup individual and there are many people on here that show that same character and make me want to come back to the river, even more, after I leave......
Cory
slow-who?? lol--great dude, great family :D Nice Spectre too...
Better make sure he gets that beer though, and it better be Bud Light for him and Coors Light for the Mrs or NO HOT SAUCE for you :D

Throttle
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM
missed ya this past weekend:(
dont know how we missed each other...

98 Vector 21
04-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Ya you know he's ok!:D

Havasu1986
04-17-2007, 06:36 AM
That reminds me I have to call Kool Wave and have Carey (Slowinhavasu) come do my semi-annual. I know how much he loves doing them.:D

HavaSkank
04-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Get this! I went to a party last Saturday night in Hemet and a small group of people were talking about boats, which of course peeked my interest. Im listening to this guy talk about his monster engine and all the work he's done to his pride and joy so I ask, "What kind of boat?" When he answered "A Daytona" I followed up with, "Umm..do you ever go to the ***boat website?" He looks at me puzzled yet intrigued and says, "Only every day!" Then he frightfully asked, "WHO ARE YOU?!"
I got to meet Daytona100! I think he was shocked to see I really didnt have a third tit growing in the center of my back, and for a $5 hooker he was shocked to see I had a few teeth in my mouth.
Good times! I hope I can meet a few more HB'ers this summer out on the lake

Mrs.Racer277
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Yep, Mr. and Mrs. Liera, know how to raise kids, not to mention, he got out of Placentia, while he still had a chance.
Hey what is wrong with Placentia???:confused: --I grew up there :)

Summer LuvN
04-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Get this! I went to a party last Saturday night in Hemet and a small group of people were talking about boats, which of course peeked my interest. Im listening to this guy talk about his monster engine and all the work he's done to his pride and joy so I ask, "What kind of boat?" When he answered "A Daytona" I followed up with, "Umm..do you ever go to the ***boat website?" He looks at me puzzled yet intrigued and says, "Only every day!" Then he frightfully asked, "WHO ARE YOU?!"
I got to meet Daytona100! I think he was shocked to see I really didnt have a third tit growing in the center of my back, and for a $5 hooker he was shocked to see I had a few teeth in my mouth.
Good times! I hope I can meet a few more HB'ers this summer out on the lake
You must be friends with Tom, Rob and Karen. I really miss them. Maybe I'll be meeting you soon. Are you as crazy as Karen?? LOL !!!

HavaSkank
04-17-2007, 07:32 AM
I met Rob and Karen at the hospital on New Years Day. My best friend and her BF were in an accident while en route to their house. Kinda crazy way to meet new friends, standing around the hallway of the ICU.
I met Tom a few Halloween parties back. That boy can throw a par-tee!

HavaSkank
04-17-2007, 07:33 AM
By the way, I make Karen look like a timid, mute nun

Summer LuvN
04-17-2007, 07:38 AM
I met Rob and Karen at the hospital on New Years Day. My best friend and her BF were in an accident while en route to their house. Kinda crazy way to meet new friends, standing around the hallway of the ICU.
I met Tom a few Halloween parties back. That boy can throw a par-tee!
They do take the cake on Holloween Parties. I heard about the accident, my heart went out to all involved. Karen is awesome, fun to party with. Next to my hubby I miss her the most. I'm sure you will be at their place for parties as well. Tom hangs there alot. Thanks to them, Mike and I were no longer the ones hated on the street....LOL.

Jyruiz
04-17-2007, 07:38 AM
It doesn't surprise me, Cary is one cool (no pun intended) dude.:)

HavaSkank
04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
The accident victims are doing awesome, despite some serious head injuries. Now everytime one of them says or does something stupid, they use the "Gimme a break, I had a brain injury" defense. I really need to start using that one.

HavaSkank
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
By the way, to all the single gals out there.... I've discovered the ICU hallway is a great place to meet men. I met this 6'6" fireman that Im doinkin' on a regular basis now. I really need to thank my accident victim friend for her contribution. She's a real pal. Talk about 'takin' one for the team'

Summer LuvN
04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
By the way, I make Karen look like a timid, mute nun
No way, you would have had to strip down naked and danced at the party??? Maybe she was just having a bad day. She is usually the one yanking off her top, skinny dipping and telling the nasty jokes. You should see her famous Holloween costume... I love her like a sister.. I have to tell you, I am not a wild child in public.

Trailer Park Casanova
04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Not much to offer here - knowledge wise outside of my trade, but saw two guys with a Hot Boat Tank top on at the Del Rio Friday and bought them drinks, then they bought a round.
Didn't catch their names.

TCN
04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
I always wanted a brother from another mother. You complete me.

TCN
04-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Bite your tongue.

Baja Big Dog
04-17-2007, 08:34 AM
By the way, to all the single gals out there.... I've discovered the ICU hallway is a great place to meet men. I met this 6'6" fireman that Im doinkin' on a regular basis now. I really need to thank my accident victim friend for her contribution. She's a real pal. Talk about 'takin' one for the team'
Sounds like some new Foxworthy material.....:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
TCBC75....:D

pixilatedpussy
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Cory
I had the pleasure of meeting Carey last week & yes, he is a very sweet man.;)