PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Island Lake No Wake??!!

MilJack
04-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Hey all,
I posted last year about the MIL marine commission pushing to get Nance Cove declared a no wake zone. They got it passed, effective Jan.1 of '07. NOw the same commissioner who pushed this through (she lives in Nance Cove) now wants to make the 150ft rule cover the entire lake! Think about this, how long till she wants to ban motorized traffic on this lake? It is afterall a drinking water supply for Charlotte and Gaston county.
I don't know what actions are neccessary, but this Marine commission appears to be a pretty powerful commission. Probably need to have some people attend some of their meetings, and figure out how to make MANY VOICES heard that a 150 ft. zone is unacceptable to the majority of the USERS of the lake.
Jack

DaveA
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Dang.
I know Nance Cove is narrow, but if you go 150' on the entire lake, how much of it will you have to run on? Good grief, the lake ain't too wide to begin with.
Like up here, all the Yankees that have moved in and/or retired on this lake think it's gotta be like 'On Golden Pond' or some crap like that. If it's faster or louder than a pontoon, they think it needs to be illegal.

orange peel
04-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I live on lake Wylie i can see the dam to Mt island from my dock.
Ive been going to Mt island for 6 years i am one of the 1st jetboaters out there and will not be the last there were only 2 or 3 jetboat then now there are 20 or more that come out through out the year but i think it wil be hard to do much more than that because there are alot of big new homes and the people that spent all that money to live on the lake are noy just going to sit around and let them take the lake away from family. but anyway we can always go out here but damn its 18 miles to the sand bar!! anyway keep us posted on what u hear and about the meettings.