PDA

View Full Version : Maui, Puerta Vallarta, Cancun or......

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Tell us where to go:devil:
West Coast of Maui
Puerta Vallarta (all inclusive)
Cancun (all inclusive)
Cabo (all inclusive)
other
This is for our big 30 coming up in mid August, trying to stay away from family friendly;) Been to Maui and Cancun liked them both. Got 7-10 days.:D

Cole Trickle
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I like Puerta Vallarta better than Cabo. Just feels a little more mexico to me.
We are doing a week in PV come October:D

Mandelon
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I've done Cancun, PV and Cabo and they were all fun. Never tried Maui though.
For adult maybe consider one of those Jamaican Hedonism resorts.....:devil:

cdog
04-17-2007, 10:17 AM
You practically live in mexico.:D I'd go to Maui. Maui is the best of those choices. I've been to all but Cabo. I hear it's way over priced.

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm trying to push PV just cause its a quick flight out of PHX nonstop:D She's voting Maui, 7 hours +/- nonstop and a hour drive to where we want to stay in Napili:)

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
You practically live in mexico.:D I'd go to Maui. Maui is the best of those choices. I've been to all but Cabo. I hear it's way over priced.
No actually this is Mexico:D :D

uvindex
04-17-2007, 10:22 AM
West Coast of Maui
Cancun (all inclusive)
Cabo (all inclusive)
other
This is for our big 30 coming up in mid August, trying to stay away from family friendly;) Been to Maui and Cancun liked them both. Got 7-10 days.:DAlthough I love Mexico, the Mexican resorts you listed are going to be pretty HOT and HUMID in mid-August.
The other thing I'd consider when making my decision would be air itineraries from wherever (Phoenix?) you'll be flying to each of those destinations.
Have fun and good luck! :)

shippingguy
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
We did Maui for our honeymoon and it was awesome. We stayed at the Hyatt. We did a package that included (ocean view room, flight, rental car and breakfast brunch every day for 7 days) and it was VERY REASONABLE. We had to pay for drinks and other meals that is it. The hour drive is not bad. No traffic and awesome scenery. We will be going back in October again.

Mandelon
04-17-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.travelersdigest.com/erotic_vacations.htm

Waldo
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
We did PV in late July last year. Had a blast. Anywhere you go that time of year is going to be hot. Have fun.

ACEB36TC
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Without A Doubt ,,,,half Moon Club In Mo-bay Jamaica. Continental Flys Direct From Houston Intercontinental. We`ve Been To All The Places You Mentioned. Jamaica (over 20 Times) Is The Deal. You Can Spend A Ton Or Barely Anything At All. Your Choice.

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Although I love Mexico, the Mexican resorts you listed are going to be pretty HOT and HUMID in mid-August.
The other thing I'd consider when making my decision would be air itineraries from wherever (Phoenix?) you'll be flying to each of those destinations.
Have fun and good luck! :) We're ok with the hot and humid we did Cancun in mid August once, took about a day to get used to it butloved it down there, and travel time is a biggie to me also.

AZJD
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
West Coast of Maui
Cancun (all inclusive)
Cabo (all inclusive)
other
This is for our big 30 coming up in mid August, trying to stay away from family friendly;) Been to Maui and Cancun liked them both. Got 7-10 days.:D
We will be in Puerta Vallarta aug 11th - 18th...................

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
http://www.travelersdigest.com/erotic_vacations.htm
Actually have spent way to much time cking that site out all ready:) not getting a good vibe from the Mrs. though:devil:

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
We will be in Puerta Vallarta aug 11th - 18th................... Oh Crap, our time is the 16th-26th. That scratches Puerta Vallarta:D :D

OutCole'd
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM
PV in June for me!!!!

mobldj
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
go to hawaii but go to kauai instead of maui,been to both,maui is like going to laguna beach,kauai is where they filmed 6 days and 7 nights with harrison ford.more like tahiti without the 14 hour flight,just my 2 cents

AZKC
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Funny just figured out its Puerto not Puerta:rolleyes:

Brewzed
04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
go to hawaii but go to kauai instead of maui,been to both,maui is like going to laguna beach,kauai is where they filmed 6 days and 7 nights with harrison ford.more like tahiti without the 14 hour flight,just my 2 cents
I have to agree, I've been to Maui once and Kauai twice. Kauia is killer if you just want to get away and relax. Maui fun if you want to go out and party. There's not a lot to do in Kauai once the sun goes down. I stayed at the Hyatt in Poipu both times in Kauia. Very nice resort.

shueman
04-17-2007, 11:12 AM
PV... :cool: Nuevo area has it all....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I would seriously consider the Carribean, mon. USVI, Antigua, Aruba, Bermuda. It is a whole different way of living, from what I've seen.

burtandnancy2
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Tahiti or Fiji

BADBLOWN572
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
PV is awesome! You can't go wrong there. I would LOVE to go back! :)

Ziggy
04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Since I know you like islands and island style stuff I have a couple suggestions.
One, somewhere in the Carribean like MMSW said. We were just recently on Grand Cayman and the waters are fantastic. Thats the place we swam, fed and held the Stingrays.
But still, the best trip me and Jan have been on was to Fiji, by far. Incredible beauty on the 800+ islands, incredible culture to learn about, incredibly friendly people and actually very reasonable cost wise. We'd take day trips to different island most everyday. Most were small sandy places with fantastic beaches, unequalled snorkeling and food/drink non-stop. We'd pay between $20-40 a peice and be catered to for the whole day, food, drink, entertainment, plus all transfers/shuttles to get to these islands.
I highly recommend it.
Another place we really enjoyed was Jamaica, mon. All inclusive the way to go there.

Bradman
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
We loved Cancun!!!
Kids playing on the beach
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Hawaii%20and%20Cancun%20Pictures/DSC01833.jpg?t=1176838522
View from our hotel room
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Hawaii%20and%20Cancun%20Pictures/ViewfromourroominCancun.jpg?t=1176838844

AZKC
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
PV... :cool: Nuevo area has it all....
Does look nice there, couple of Palace hotels and they are usually pretty good, Marival look pretty snazzy also:)
Fiji and the Caribbean is on the to do list but need 2 full weeks for travel and down time:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-17-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna disagree. Caribbean and Cancun are almost the same distance. But since Cancun is technically in the Caribbean, that's where I'd pick out of your choices. Then you can go see the Mayan pyramids :D

Cs19
04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Maui hands down although Mex is insane if your in the right place at the right time. Do your homework if your headed to Mex. Stay away from Cancun, its over rated.

boatsnblondes
04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
None of the above. Kauii..namely, Princeville....love that place, may be heading back soon...we'll se....

Rdude2
04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
[EMAIL=GoldenCrownParadise.com[/EMAIL] Were heading down there Tomarrow for 6 days of Party

Devil's Advocate
04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd like to try PV but loved the Carribean (Bahamas) when I went. :) Can't wait for Tahiti in October though!;)

AZKC
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm gonna disagree. Caribbean and Cancun are almost the same distance. But since Cancun is technically in the Caribbean, that's where I'd pick out of your choices. Then you can go see the Mayan pyramids :D
Disagree with me:devil: How dare you....:D
Funny we are the worst tourists when we go on vacation, we tend to vacation not sight see. But we do seem to be worn out when we get home:idea:

Liquid Courage
04-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Key West.....Stay at The Conche Hotel on Duvall Street...Party like a rock star!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Key West.....Stay at The Conche Hotel on Duvall Street...Party like a rock star!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Don't get me started! I was just there in December and I'm already bugging Jeff to take me back.
Looking for a party atmosphere with not many kids, that is a good place. It's all about the party there.

Ziggy
04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Don't get me started! I was just there in December and I'm already bugging Jeff to take me back.
Looking for a party atmosphere with not many kids, that is a good place. It's all about the party there.
I was wondering why you didn't mention it:confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I was wondering why you didn't mention it:confused:
He already saw the pics and read the write up. It wasn't on his short list, so he must have figured he couldn't handle that much vacation :devil: LOL Don't tell Jeff, but I'm planning on going back next thanksgiving or winter break if anyone wants to come along. I will try to refrain from the stage dancing next time, though. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
edit: That sounds like I plan on sneaking away without him, doesn't it? hee hee No, seriously, if I'm going, he's going. I need someone to drive the scooter and carry me into the hotel room :D

Ziggy
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
He already saw the pics and read the write up. It wasn't on his short list, so he must have figured he couldn't handle that much vacation :devil: LOL Don't tell Jeff, but I'm planning on going back next thanksgiving or winter break if anyone wants to come along. I will try to refrain from the stage dancing next time, though. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
edit: That sounds like I plan on sneaking away without him, doesn't it? hee hee No, seriously, if I'm going, he's going. I need someone to drive the scooter and carry me into the hotel room :D
You guys are such High School sweethearts........;) :D
The Stage dancing would be interesting to watch....yup:)

Mrs. 4-B
04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
All those places sound great! We've decided on the Grand Lido in Negril, Jamaica for our 25th. Anybody been there?
cs19: Hope you don't mind if I borrow your sigpic.

halfhers
04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
all of those places sounds good, I've been to Cancun & PV, but now i perfer going on cruise ship. We like the caribbean cruise. just a thought...

squirtn20
04-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Cozomel Mexico. Was there at the reef club. heard it's all brand new now. Nice little island just off the coast of cancun. very quiet!!

GoCiggie31
04-18-2007, 05:54 AM
None of the above. Kauii..namely, Princeville....love that place, may be heading back soon...we'll se....
I agree, infact I love the entire ahoha spirit.

AZKC
04-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm leanin towards PV, she wants to go to Hawaii(Big Island) and look for work:eek: Sort of:D Thats a pretty good argument and a possible right off:idea:

boatnam2
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
figures we picked dreams in cabo dont hear anything good about cabo so i hope its not to bad.

Liquid Courage
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm leanin towards PV, she wants to go to Hawaii(Big Island) and look for work:eek: Sort of:D Thats a pretty good argument and a possible right off:idea:
We (my family) have owned on the Big Island/Kona since the late 60's. It's a nice place to get away from everything and chill, we go there for Christmas every year to get away from the Hallmark Holiday. But it's no party spot. Waaaaay mellow layed back. No high rises or freeways.

AZKC
04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I checked out Dreams in Cabo, it looks really cool. We'll end up there eventually. I was looking for alittle more water/Ocean friendly area so we can snorkle of the beach or do some sailing if we wanted.
I read some stuff about in Cabo some of the hotels that have beachs but don't allow swimming due to the currents. We we're going to Cabo's Fiesta Americana(I think) orginally, had friends go there and had a great time. I'd like to here how your trip goes Boatnams.

AZKC
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
We (my family) have owned on the Big Island/Kona since the late 60's. It's a nice place to get away from everything and chill, we go there for Christmas every year to get away from the Hallmark Holiday. But it's no party spot. Waaaaay mellow layed back. No high rises or freeways.
I've heard that, sounds perfect for us. Thats why in Maui we go to Napili Bay. Its so mellow the birds are lazy.

boatnam2
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I checked out Dreams in Cabo, it looks really cool. We'll end up there eventually. I was looking for alittle more water/Ocean friendly area so we can snorkle of the beach or do some sailing if we wanted.
I read some stuff about in Cabo some of the hotels that have beachs but don't allow swimming due to the currents. We we're going to Cabo's Fiesta Americana(I think) orginally, had friends go there and had a great time. I'd like to here how your trip goes Boatnams.
for sure we are going in the end of may,will let you know how it goes.