PDA

View Full Version : This might work...

HavaTan
04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I NEVER rant on this site, but I've been thinking about this for almost 2 weeks...
I, along with everyone else on here are getting more and more tired of being treated like a disease more and more often when we go to Havasu. A couple weeks ago many of us were there having a good time, trying not to bother anyone when what many of you like to call LEOs rolling up and told my friend to (1)turn the music off, (2)change the song, (3)leave the channel OR (4)go to jail... I guess they were offended by whatever lyric came from the speakers. ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!?! Well, he opted for option 2. Fine.
Now, they cutoff half the channel in the Spring (when they easily could've done it in January), they don't want the music, they only want 1 boat per tie (without providing enough of them), you can't launch at the most well maintained marina in the city, and the list can go on and on and on...
BOOBS!!! (Just keeping your attention, keep reading)
I am barrowing from a concept that many have said we should do, BOYCOTT a certain gas station... (That doesn't work, you'll just buy gas tomorrow)
My idea is probably not new, but here it is...
PACK IT IN!!! LEAVE IT THERE!!!
In other words, STOP buying the necessities in Havasu. You know, BEER, CHIPS, SODA, BBQ ITEMS, TANNING LOTIONS, BEER, LIQUOR, TOWELS, DIPS, BEER, BEER, BEER, and so on. We can all buy these items here in California and throw them in the bed of our trucks and pack them in to Havasu, besides COSTCO is cheaper that Bashas, Food City, Safeway, etc. Also, try to avoid whenever possible eating in the restaurants there. BBQ more, the food is usually better and the wait is less time... Let's not feed the dog that bites us. It will take thousands of dollars away from the local economy and won't take long for those businesses to start screaming at the city about the drop in income. Think about it:idea:, 100 boaters NOT spending $100.00 in Havasu each week is $10,000. In a year, that's over $500,000!!! I know, I spend more than $100.00 each week I'm there and that's only 100 of us.
It's time we all reminded the leaders of Lake Havasu, why they're there to begin with. To quote a bad song by Jefferson Starship, WE BUILT THIS CITY! I think it's time they started appreciating that a little more. OK, I guess I'm about done ranting. Time to chime in...:D

Summer LuvN
04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
100 bucks? How do you get off so cheap? Everytime we go to havasu we spend a 1000... Rooms, gas, food...etc...

charlyox
04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Well said HavaTan. I am in.
By the way, your pops did the lettering on my boat.

HavaTan
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Very nice to hear. That was Taylor's Dad, I'm the other one...
I've already started doing it at I spent $175.00 in CA that I won't be spending in Havi this weekend...

HavaTan
04-17-2007, 03:44 PM
100 bucks? How do you get off so cheap? Everytime we go to havasu we spend a 1000... Rooms, gas, food...etc...
Fortunately, I do have a house there. But my $100.00 was just for reference, I know we ALL spend a lot more than that there.
I really do think this will make the community leaders think twice about the next retarded and overly restrictive thing they do there AND I apologize in advance to all the business owner this is going to affect. The sooner they speak up on OUR behalf, the better it will be for them!

Ziggy
04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Apparently the same guy that found Kilr the other weekend found your crew.
Very subjective enforcement of the new laws they have.
I just avoid that area if at all possible...........I understand why they want to try to "clean it up" but there must be a better way.
Boycotting will not have much effect unless you get 75% or better to buy into the idea........Thats a lot of people, and I doubt there is much more than a fraction of the boaters on HB.

UnionJack
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Tip him well, he just bought new headers for his ride...... HavaTan has a Plan

shadow
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Fortunately, I do have a house there. But my $100.00 was just for reference, I know we ALL spend a lot more than that there.
I really do think this will make the community leaders think twice about the next retarded and overly restrictive thing they do there AND I apologize in advance to all the business owner this is going to affect. The sooner they speak up on OUR behalf, the better it will be for them!
Personally i've never had a problem in the Channel and the LE has always been friendly and i do crank my music.
I can see your point and understand your frustrations and agree about the construction in the Channel,The piss poor management at the Marina and
the stories of pettiness from LE.
Do you think say 100 people off ***boat stop spending or say even stopped
coming to Havasu will make a difference?
Like i said i see what your are saying and the City leaders seem to act as if they don't want tourism here,but if you want to be effective you better take out full page ads in every California,Arizona and surrounding states major news pappers if you want to try an stop visitors spending,
***boat people are just a drop in the bucket. Better invest in alot icemakers as well cause if the stores are losing in everything else you know they will rape you on ice.:D

Phat Matt
04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Gas is cheaper in AZ. :D

WYRD
04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Personally i've never had a problem in the Channel and the LE has always been friendly and i do crank my music.
I can see your point and understand your frustrations and agree about the construction in the Channel,The piss poor management at the Marina and
the stories of pettiness from LE.
Do you think say 100 people off ***boat stop spending or say even stopped
coming to Havasu will make a difference?
Like i said i see what your are saying and the City leaders seem to act as if they don't want tourism here,but if you want to be effective you better take out full page ads in every California,Arizona and surrounding states major news pappers if you want to try an stop visitors spending,
***boat people are just a drop in the bucket. Better invest in alot icemakers as well cause if the stores are losing in everything else you know they will rape you on ice.:D
I agree, not much is going to happen with a boycott. Besides I don’t find too much offence with what the city is trying to do. The only time I have ever been harassed by LEO in Havi is when I had 12 people on my boat and looked like a buncha spring breakers (so in my opinion I was asking to get checked out) and even then they checked out my gear, made sure I wasn’t plastered and sent me on my way. Most of the laws are there as tools to toss the trouble makers for foul play not the families or occasional law abiding guys trip ect. Just man up and respect others when it comes to your music, language, nudity, ect. Not everybody shares the same view on what constitutes a good time...
WYRD

RiverToysJas
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif Did someone mention BOOBS?
RTJas :D

Pheelin Phroggy
04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I always buy elsewhere... then again we only do Havasu a few times a year and very seldom stay there... problem with boycotting is "IF" you could actually get enough participants to make an actual impact, they will find somewhere else to get there money i.e raising property taxes, higher building fee's.... somewhere, so if you have a place or have anything to do with Havasu, you could actually end up paying for the impact forever.
Don't get me wrong... I have no tolerance for blatant harassment or stupidity. My solution... Mojave and Mead are great lakes to frequent, my priority is the "Enjoyment" of boating and when I quit enjoying Havasu, I quit going. I have no urge to end up having to deal with LE over some drunk dumbas.... wearing black knee highs, looking like they are carrying a load in their shorts or anyone else with a testosterone issue!
When we do go, we launch at Moabi, make the standard Steamboat, Channel and Sandbar loop to see our friends, slip at Topock and stay in laughlin. Works pretty good. And instead of supporting Havasu, I support Harrahs...
Just my 2 cents worth and I needed to get over 100 posts... haha

phebus
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I think it's a dumb idea to punish the business owners in an attempt to get back at the city.

WYRD
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I always buy elsewhere... then again we only do Havasu a few times a year and very seldom stay there... problem with boycotting is "IF" you could actually get enough participants to make an actual impact, they will find somewhere else to get there money i.e raising property taxes, higher building fee's.... somewhere, so if you have a place or have anything to do with Havasu, you could actually end up paying for the impact forever.
Don't get me wrong... I have no tolerance for blatant harassment or stupidity. My solution... Mojave and Mead are great lakes to frequent, my priority is the "Enjoyment" of boating and when I quit enjoying Havasu, I quit going. I have no urge to end up having to deal with LE over some dumbas.... wearing black knee highs, looking like they are carrying a load in their shorts.
When we do go, we launch at Moabi, make the standard Steamboat, Channel and Sandbar loop to see our friends, slip at Topock and stay in laughlin. Works pretty good. And instead of supporting Havasu, I support Harrahs...
Just my 2 cents worth and I needed to get over 100 posts... haha
Where in Hesperia are you?

JB in so cal
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
How about Kilr and Hava Tan compare names/badge numbers? Is it the same Jack hole? I bet he's short:)

WYRD
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
How about Kilr and Hava Tan compare names/badge numbers? Is it the same Jack hole? I bet he's short:)
shhhh youre gonna piss Hootersled off:D

Xlration Marine
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
By george I think he's got it. But ya'll need to stick together and do it.
:) :) :) .
They hit you where it hurts, you might as well return the favor.

WYRD
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
out toward the lake
we should get together sometime, I am twards oak hills

Pheelin Phroggy
04-17-2007, 04:56 PM
we are always up for fun.... I will PM you

slowinhavasu
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I think it's a dumb idea to punish the business owners in an attempt to get back at the city.
YEA, what he said.............

Moneypitt
04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=HavaTan;2506927]I NEVER rant on this site, but I've been thinking about this for almost 2 weeks...
I, along with everyone else on here are getting more and more tired of being treated like a disease more and more often when we go to Havasu. A couple weeks ago many of us were there having a good time, trying not to bother anyone when what many of you like to call LEOs rolling up and told my friend to (1)turn the music off, (2)change the song, (3)leave the channel OR (4)go to jail... I guess they were offended by whatever lyric came from the speakers. ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!?! Well, he opted for option 2. Fine.
I'll bet he wasn't playing Willie Nelson......I gotta ask, what music was it? MP

Ziggy
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I was wondering if Havatan was in Havasu if he'd still feel the same way.:confused:

framer1
04-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I NEVER rant on this site, but I've been thinking about this for almost 2 weeks...
Now, they cutoff half the channel in the Spring (when they easily could've done it in January), they don't want the music, they only want 1 boat per tie (without providing enough of them), you can't launch at the most well maintained marina in the city, and the list can go on and on and on...
I am barrowing from a concept that many have said we should do, BOYCOTT a certain gas station... (That doesn't work, you'll just buy gas tomorrow)
In other words, STOP buying the necessities in Havasu. You know, BEER, CHIPS, SODA, BBQ ITEMS, TANNING LOTIONS, BEER, LIQUOR, TOWELS, DIPS, BEER, BEER, BEER, and so on. We can all buy these items here in California and throw them in the bed of our trucks and pack them in to Havasu, besides COSTCO is cheaper that Bashas, Food City, Safeway, etc. Also, try to avoid whenever possible eating in the restaurants there. BBQ more, the food is usually better and the wait is less time... Let's not feed the dog that bites us. It will take thousands of dollars away from the local economy and won't take long for those businesses to start screaming at the city about the drop in income. Think about it:idea:, 100 boaters NOT spending $100.00 in Havasu each week is $10,000. In a year, that's over $500,000!!! I know, I spend more than $100.00 each week I'm there and that's only 100 of us.
It's time we all reminded the leaders of Lake Havasu, why they're there to begin with. To quote a bad song by Jefferson Starship, WE BUILT THIS CITY! I think it's time they started appreciating that a little more. OK, I guess I'm about done ranting. Time to chime in...:D
I agree with almost everything except that really wasn't that bad of a song:D That boobs to keep your attention crack me up. I have already figure out out nothing helps when it come to the government because they just don't give a fock what anybody thinks:eek:

Ryphraph
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Actually, the City makes its money from sales tax revenue. Spend less in Havasu, it hurts the City's bottom line. Obviously, the business owners are collateral damage. The thinking is that the bussines owners could influence the City once they start to feel the pinch.
Ryph

MR.rvrluvr
04-17-2007, 06:48 PM
lets get to the real issue................
Where are the BOOBIES :devil: :devil: :D :( :D :)

BIGRRNU
04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
If you boycott and the city needs additional tax money they will just start taxing you by boob size , Lucky for you boys there will be plenty of taxable ASSets there!!

EAZYKILLER2006
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
we should get together sometime, I am twards oak hills
:) we are by walmart...hesperia side:)

EAZYKILLER2006
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
lets get to the real issue................
Where are the BOOBIES :devil: :devil: :D :( :D :)
i think u have mine:devil:

MR.rvrluvr
04-17-2007, 07:32 PM
i think u have mine:devil:
YES I DO...here is a pic of you I keep on my night stand..:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28909&stc=1&d=1176867045

bonesfab
04-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Can you say "Motor boatinn" :D

Havasu1986
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree with you Rick. If I had to buy all the beer i drink in Havi at home...Well the dogs would not have any room in the back of the Tahoe with the seats down.:D And HavaTan if this was happening in Upland would you want people boycotting your business for something you have no control over.:)

Havasu1986
04-17-2007, 07:36 PM
YES I DO...here is a pic of you I keep on my night stand..:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28909&stc=1&d=1176867045
Nice necklace..:D I love hearts...Pearls maybe better though.:devil:

SHOTKALLIN
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Was the music offensive? Didn't they pass a law regarding offensive language? Was your buddy breaking the law causing the leo contact? I dont know the whole story, maybe you can fill in the blanks.

EAZYKILLER2006
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
LMFAO....WOW...i have a new avatar ...j/k

UnionJack
04-18-2007, 09:09 AM
NO! What's dumb is not doing anything... The business owners are who really control the city, it will come time for them to start wielding that power and make the city deal with and enforce existing laws, not created new laws to make it convenient for them.
It will take time and a word of mouth campaign. Not for one minute am I foolish enough to believe that the ***boat community is large enough to create change, but we all have mouths (some bigger than others) and we can use them to spread the idea to everyone we see in the channel and surrounding areas. Remember, that thing sitting on top of your shoulders isn't just for putting a hat on...

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 09:24 AM
I was wondering if Havatan was in Havasu if he'd still feel the same way.:confused:
I am in Havasu (about 40 weekends a year) and YES, I would feel the same way. Perhaps I should refer you to our own Constitution and maybe the first 10 Amendments, maybe even Ghandi... I live in a place that affords me the ability to disagree with my ELECTED leaders, I can also disagree with them openly and discuss it with other without fear... CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE IS COOL!!!
The best part about it is that YOU have the right to disagree with me and discuss it openly. The PUBLIC have the opportunity to weigh each side any way they want and can decide for themselves. So, go on with your bad self...
Remember, canyons are carved one drop of water at a time.

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, the City makes its money from sales tax revenue. Spend less in Havasu, it hurts the City's bottom line. Obviously, the business owners are collateral damage. The thinking is that the bussines owners could influence the City once they start to feel the pinch.
Ryph
DING DING!

Wet Dream
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
So, let me get this straight...you want the HB community to basically stop contributing to the city's economic structure because you're pissed off that a cop came up to your friend (assuming he was with you) and told him to do something about the music? Whether it was too loud or perhaps offensive lyrics, what makes you think that anybody that happens to be around your friend wants to hear what some might deem "crap" coming from the radio? Tunes are cool, but the people 3 boats over don't want to hear it. Whats the problem? You're pissed because you want to have the right to play your tunes loud with whatever language? But I'll bet that you are the first person that would bitch about someone else doing it and you didn't like it. You're kidding, right?

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree with you Rick. If I had to buy all the beer i drink in Havi at home...Well the dogs would not have any room in the back of the Tahoe with the seats down.:D And HavaTan if this was happening in Upland would you want people boycotting your business for something you have no control over.:)
Of course not, but YES, I'm a rebel at heart. If the community was doing something that affected my business? You're damn right I'd be down at City Hall screaming my head off. Without commerce there is no community!

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
So, let me get this straight...you want the HB community to basically stop contributing to the city's economic structure because you're pissed off that a cop came up to your friend (assuming he was with you) and told him to do something about the music? Whether it was too loud or perhaps offensive lyrics, what makes you think that anybody that happens to be around your friend wants to hear what some might deem "crap" coming from the radio? Tunes are cool, but the people 3 boats over don't want to hear it. Whats the problem? You're pissed because you want to have the right to play your tunes loud with whatever language? But I'll bet that you are the first person that would bitch about someone else doing it and you didn't like it. You're kidding, right?
No, of course not. I want the HB community to stop contributing to the city's economy because we're all "pissed off." It really has nothing to do with the music, that's just another straw on the collective back. It is the continual alienation of the people who have built the city to be what it is today. I, like so many others, have been going to Havasu since I was a little kid and have seen it grow from a One Light town to a real city. The city is just big enough that it's forgotten who created growth and wealth. It's time WE reminded the area how important WE are to the continued prosperity. Just as I appreciate that I "enjoy" driving 250 miles every week to enjoy the lake, they need to appreciate more that I come there...

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
OK, the defense rests, do with it what you will...;)

Fifty One Fifty
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
A couple weeks ago many of us were there having a good time, trying not to bother anyone when what many of you like to call LEOs rolling up and told my friend to (1)turn the music off, (2)change the song, (3)leave the channel OR (4)go to jail... I guess they were offended by whatever lyric came from the speakers :D
Did you steal Weaver's Ashlee Simpson CD again?
-Wilson

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey, get back to work! Oh, and shall we stop at the Costco here in Temecula for our bbq in Havi this weekend? :D :D :D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey, get back to work! Oh, and shall we stop at the Costco here in Temecula for our bbq in Havi this weekend? :D :D :D
Damn right!
I can't stand the lines at CostCo though... I go to mini CostCo (Smart & Final) and I'm gonna pick stuff up. Make sure you call on your way back through RAUNCHY CUCALOMA!!!

Wet Dream
04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
No, of course not. I want the HB community to stop contributing to the city's economy because we're all "pissed off." It really has nothing to do with the music, that's just another straw on the collective back. It is the continual alienation of the people who have built the city to be what it is today. I, like so many others, have been going to Havasu since I was a little kid and have seen it grow from a One Light town to a real city. The city is just big enough that it's forgotten who created growth and wealth. It's time WE reminded the area how important WE are to the continued prosperity. Just as I appreciate that I "enjoy" driving 250 miles every week to enjoy the lake, they need to appreciate more that I come there...
I hear you, but you have to understand that alot of other people do the same thing (travel) and don't want to hear your radio. Thats why they got on your friends case. Its called living in harmony. ;)

Hardly Satisfied
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree 100%

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
-Wilson
LMFAO!!! That's hilarious. Sorry, you heard that??? :eek:

UnionJack
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
-Wilson
weaver got go to bed

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Damn right!
I can't stand the lines at CostCo though... I go to mini CostCo (Smart & Final) and I'm gonna pick stuff up. Make sure you call on your way back through RAUNCHY CUCALOMA!!!
Only if I get to tan...... ;)
I have nothing to do today...maybe I'll go shopping.

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Only if I get to tan...... ;)
I have nothing to do today...maybe I'll go shopping.
Absolutely, it's on US (that's for you Goose)!!! Come visit!

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Absolutely, it's on US (that's for you Goose)!!! Come visit!
LMFAO! Ok, seriously I think we're heading to Havi on Friday. He'll call you.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM
First of all. You and the boating community did not build this town. Have you ever have read a city report in the Havasu News on where most of the money in Havasu come from?
Its SNOWBIRDS!!! :jawdrop: NOT BOATERS!!!
If you are a boater you are here 3 days a week every other week if not every 3 weeks. Snowbirds are here all winter long. They go out to eat almost every night. Think about it.
Like Phebus said Why hurt local businesses? If you have all this spare time to p*ss and moan about Havasu. Do something about it. Go to a city council meeting.:D

Fifty One Fifty
04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
ROFL :)

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Bah, LIES and PROPAGANDA! :devil:
SnowBirds??? Are you kidding, they're only there for 4 months of the year, they park their motorhome on the outside of town (cuz it's FREE), they're up at 5:00am for the Metamucil, they do their morning walk of 50 feet, they drive 15 mph to get their prescription filled, they spend $5.00 at the store for a banana, an apple and some saltines. They take a nap from 11:30 to 2:30, they drive 15 mph to go to Denny's for the senior discount for dinner, they watch Murder She Wrote on reruns for the 1st time they can remember:confused: , they're in bed:sleeping: by 8:30pm. And then they start it all over again the next day... OMG, I didn't realize, they spend a GRIP all winter long... Of course, I'm just generalizing.:sqeyes:

Havasu1986
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
My snowbird is there for 6 months and he drinks Whiskey.:D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 11:17 AM
My snowbird is there for 6 months and he drinks Whiskey.:D
OMG LMAO!!! Yes, but YOU pay the taxes on that house they stay in and that guy sleeps all day, wakes up for a couple shots and then back to bed for him...:D

shadow
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Simple solution if the distance is Too far and anyone feels they are being harrassed and Havasu sucks enough to stop spending money to try an change a community in which you are a visitor.STAY HOME!Don't spend any money here.The problem is those that choose to stay home will only be hurting themselves and noone is gonna miss them or thier money.
By the way get a sticker supporting the boycott on Havasu bussiness's and have everyone that supports it put one on thier tow vehicle and when they
drop thier keys in the Lake or overheat thier car blow a tire and have thier vehicle towed in i will know who to tell **** off push it home to your Dealer.
Theres alway Elsinore or Perris

Havasu1986
04-18-2007, 11:19 AM
OMG LMAO!!! Yes, but YOU pay the taxes on that house they stay in and that guy sleeps all day, wakes up for a couple shots and then back to bed for him...:D
Yea..but it's a write off and 6k in my pocket. I hope he leaves me a bottle this year.:D

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Bah, LIES and PROPAGANDA! :devil:
SnowBirds??? Are you kidding, they're only there for 4 months of the year, they park their motorhome on the outside of town (cuz it's FREE), they're up at 5:00am for the Metamucil, they do their morning walk of 50 feet, they drive 15 mph to get their prescription filled, they spend $5.00 at the store for a banana, an apple and some saltines. They take a nap from 11:30 to 2:30, they drive 15 mph to go to Denny's for the senior discount for dinner, they watch Murder She Wrote on reruns for the 1st time they can remember:confused: , they're in bed:sleeping: by 8:30pm. And then they start it all over again the next day... OMG, I didn't realize, they spend a GRIP all winter long... Of course, I'm just generalizing.:sqeyes:
It was in the Lake Havasu City Newspaper in December. They did a whole artical on it. More snowbirds are buying houses here and spend more money then summer boaters and tourist.

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I'll just use a magnetic sticker and take it off when I need something!!! :eek:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Simple solution if the distance is Too far and anyone feels they are being harrassed and Havasu sucks enough to stop spending money to try an change a community in which you are a visitor.STAY HOME!Don't spend any money here.The problem is those that choose to stay home will only be hurting themselves and noone is gonna miss them or thier money.
By the way get a sticker supporting the boycott on Havasu bussiness's and have everyone that supports it put one on thier tow vehicle and when they
drop thier keys in the Lake or overheat thier car blow a tire and have thier vehicle towed in i will know who to tell **** off push it home to your Dealer.
Well said.:D
Hey Havatan if you dont like it. Stay in Cali. we wont miss you. Also change the name of your business because it affiliates you with a town you hate and want to boycott.

shadow
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
It was in the Lake Havasu City Newspaper in December. They did a whole artical on it. More snowbirds are buying houses here and spend more money then summer boaters and tourist.
Not to mention 65% or something like that of houses being forclosed on in Havasu are people from Cal.;)

Havasu1986
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Lunch break is over..Back to work Darrel:D

shadow
04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
No work!
The snowbirds are here not the boaters.;) And boy is it peaceful during the week.:D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Well then, it must be true if it was in the newspaper...:devil: Maybe one of them should buy my house there. I bet they don't buy much CL though.

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Whooo Hoooo, I'm over 300.:rolleyes:

shadow
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472awpv3.jpg

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Well said.:D
Hey Havatan if you dont like it. Stay in Cali. we wont miss you. Also change the name of your business because it affiliates you with a town you hate and want to boycott.
Are you kidding, I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! I'm just having fun stirring up an idea... Funny though, if it's such a bad idea that won't work and the HB community is so insignificant, an awful lot of people are getting fired up about it...:idea:

shadow
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Back to work,you guys have fun.:)

Kilrtoy
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
If you are a boater you are here 3 days a week every other week if not every 3 weeks. Snowbirds are here all winter long. They go out to eat almost every night. Think about it.
D
PUT DOWN THE BEER STEIN
You are out of your mind, They dont eat out and if they do it is with a coupon at MCDONALDS. Ask the waiters and waitresses, when they do eat in a nice place they share a SINGLE MEAL and tip one dollar. They buy their boozer out the back of truck and get 10% of at that..

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
And it only took 2.5 years and an idea. :D :D :D

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
kilr and havatan are 100% right on the money on this one.
The average boating family or "truckload" of people probably spend about $500 to $700 a day for food, gas,
tshirts, ice, beer, ramp pass etc. then most of them either
pay a hotel bill or are purchasing a home or condo. Plus
they've bought a boat, who knows what the average is?
let's say $50,000 average per boat.
The snowbirds bring everything with them, OK lots of them
do buy homes now but all that has done for me is raise my
property taxes about 300 percent and what do I get in return that I didn't have before they blessed us with their presence? Less traffic. Funny, I can't think of a single
reason for their presence here except that our roads would be so much quieter and safer without them and my taxes would be less.
I see it like this, for 40 years, hot boaters got chased off the lakes on the coast and we all came to the river so that
we could run hard and have some freedom. Now, that the
river has become so popular, all those complainers with
blue hair want to chase us all out so that the can have
the river for themselves. The first thing that they do when
they get here is try to change it all to make it just like the
dump that they just left.
I figure if you are going to come to Havasu, you better like it just like it is. If you feel the need to change Havasu
why don't you simply stay away! As for all the "pro growth" people who can't wait to populate our little city,
you should go home too! When I moved here, it was
calm and peaceful with little or no traffic, now it's a zoo
and the old people think it should become a retirement
center and a golf community.

OGShocker
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Not to mention 65% or something like that of houses being forclosed on in Havasu are people from Cal.;)
Can you spell OPERTUNITY? :D :D :D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
PUT DOWN THE BEER STEIN
You are out of your mind, They dont eat out and if they do it is with a coupon at MCDONALDS. Ask the waiters and waitresses, when they do eat in a nice place they share a SINGLE MEAL and tip one dollar. They buy their boozer out the back of truck and get 10% of at that..
BRILLIANT!!! Kilr, LUV U!

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
And it only took 2.5 years and an idea. :D :D :D
hehe:D
I should write more often. Ya know, they say, "The pen is mightier than the sword."

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
kilr and havatan are 100% right on the money on this one.
AMEN, STOMP YOUR FEET AND CLAP YOUR HANDS!
Keith, LUV U MAN!!!
Y'all don't get it, I'm not a tourist, I own, pay taxes, enjoy, and spend $$$ in my home away from home. I don't blare my music (sort of...), I try not to cause trouble, I don't think I'm better than that guy:rolleyes:, I don't expect special treatment (usually), I don't stand on a box or wave a flag.
I, like the rest of us, want to enjoy the lake and ALL it offers with as little interference as possible as long as we're not physically endangering anyone. If we want the city to pay attention to OUR needs we need to affect that change, unfortunately, that is economical. It will hurt some local $$, but it will get the attention WE want.

UnionJack
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
wow page 4

Havasu_Dreamin
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Y'all don't get it, I'm not a tourist, I own, pay taxes, enjoy, and spend $$$ in my home away from home. I don't blare my music (sort of...)
But since you don't live there full-time you 'kind of' are a tourist. Or better yet you are a part-time resident that has no say, from a voting standpoint, on what happens in LHC...the same boat, pun intended, most of us are in...Only option is to 'vote' with your dollars which is what you are proposing to do...to each their own it's a free country...

Ziggy
04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
I am in Havasu (about 40 weekends a year) and YES, I would feel the same way. Perhaps I should refer you to our own Constitution and maybe the first 10 Amendments, maybe even Ghandi... I live in a place that affords me the ability to disagree with my ELECTED leaders, I can also disagree with them openly and discuss it with other without fear... CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE IS COOL!!!
The best part about it is that YOU have the right to disagree with me and discuss it openly. The PUBLIC have the opportunity to weigh each side any way they want and can decide for themselves. So, go on with your bad self...
Remember, canyons are carved one drop of water at a time.
I wasn't critiquing your Idea but rather the method. If it bothers you that much attend the counsel meetings and express your views but not punish the small biz owners.....for all you know they'd stand by your side at the meetings and support the effort because if people leave the area for other places everyone looses.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
AMEN, STOMP YOUR FEET AND CLAP YOUR HANDS!
Keith, LUV U MAN!!!
Y'all don't get it, I'm not a tourist, I own, pay taxes, enjoy, and spend $$$ in my home away from home. I don't blare my music (sort of...), I try not to cause trouble, I don't think I'm better than that guy:rolleyes:, I don't expect special treatment (usually), I don't stand on a box or wave a flag.
I, like the rest of us, want to enjoy the lake and ALL it offers with as little interference as possible as long as we're not physically endangering anyone. If we want the city to pay attention to OUR needs we need to affect that change, unfortunately, that is economical. It will hurt some local $$, but it will get the attention WE want.
How do you figure? think about the numbers.
If a boater from Ca. comes one weekend a month. You probly spend $200 in gas here in town. plus food and hotel. so $400 here in town for 1 weekend. not the entire trip. just here in town. you come once a month for 7 months. thats about $2800. or 2 trips a month.
If you are a snowbird, and buy a house here like most are, because californias that bought here cant keep up on their payments. thats a 200k - 300k right off the bat. Plus they are here for 5-7 months. add in food, gas, movies, whatever FOP's do. dinner at the elks lodge. plus since they own they pay state taxes and insur. and util.
so who pays more to the state and the city? the californias measly $5000 a years or the snowbird that is here for 5-7 months and owns a house. there is a very few that stay out in the dirt for free.

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
...to each their own it's a free country...
Very articulate. Dreamin, I like you... You don't agree or disagree, you leave it for each to decide on their own. That's all I've been trying to do for 4 pages... Just trying to evoke peaceful change.:)

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Very articulate. Dreamin, I like you... You don't agree or disagree, you leave it for each to decide on their own. That's all I've been trying to do for 4 pages... Just trying to evoke peaceful change.:)
By boycotting small businesses like mine?

Ziggy
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Kilr has something against cops...lmao ;) He's always bashing on them LHC PD guys... :D

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I think Kilr has something against cops...lmao ;) He's always bashing on them LHC PD guys... :D
Thats because they make us tie up to cleats in the channel. :D
Kilr said it best " Its like putting a condom on to beat off ":D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 02:08 PM
By boycotting small businesses like mine?
It's not a boycott...:D I still need to and will buy things in town. I'm just going to import most of the grocery items I want while I'm there and hopefully many others will do the same.
The quicker the city sees it my way, the better it will be for everyone.:devil:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
It's not a boycott...:D I still need to and will buy things in town. I'm just going to import most of the grocery items I want while I'm there and hopefully many others will do the same.
The quicker the city sees it my way, the better it will be for everyone.:devil:
Dont you think that if 500 people walked in to protest what you think will help would be better and more effective then not shopping here? How long do you think it would take for you and your fallowers to make an impact? The logical answer to your problem is to visit a few city council meeting and express your concerns. :idea:

ClownRoyal
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
PUT DOWN THE BEER STEIN
What the hell took you so long :rolleyes:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
What the hell took you so long :rolleyes:
He had too many beers out of my beer stein:D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Dont you think that if 500 people walked in to protest what you think will help would be better and more effective then not shopping here? How long do you think it would take for you and your fallowers to make an impact? The logical answer to your problem is to visit a few city council meeting and express your concerns. :idea:
Well, as it was pointed out a little earlier, I am "sort of" a tourist with no voting rights. So, it's not me or "my [fallowers]" who need to attend city council meetings, it's the businesses that need to attend them. Hopefully it will be 500 of you. Don't forget to mention that it was HavaTan who came to Havasuland and said, "Let my people boat!" Make sure they spell it write, I kind of enjoy being "on the record."
Besides, I prefer to speak softly and carry a big stick. I think all those Benjamins are a pretty big stick!

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, as it was pointed out a little earlier, I am "sort of" a tourist with no voting rights. So, it's not me or "my [fallowers]" who need to attend city council meetings, it's the businesses that need to attend them. Hopefully it will be 500 of you. Don't forget to mention that it was HavaTan who came to Havasuland and said, "Let my people boat!" Make sure they spell it write, I kind of enjoy being "on the record."
Besides, I prefer to speak softly and carry a big stick. I think all those Benjamins are a pretty big stick!
:jawdrop: wow. a smart ass and cocky :D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
:jawdrop: wow. a smart ass and cocky :D
Why Thank you, Thank you very much, uh huh huh... I'll be there every week...end that is. :D Be sure to tip the waitresses and bartenders.
No wait, WE won't be eating out or buying drinks...:eek:
MUAH!

Mr. Crusader 83
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
:D Shorter waits for locals :D

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
:D Shorter waits for locals :D
LOL!!! :D
Touché, Monsieur.

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
hehe:D
I should write more often. Ya know, they say, "The pen is mightier than the sword."
Such a guy thing to do...bring the sword into it. :rolleyes:

HavaTan
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't help it, it continually pops up!?! :lightsabe
By the by, please tell me you've been reading this whole thread. I haven't had this much fun since....
...yesterday. :220v:

OnlyMoney
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't help it, it continually pops up!?! :lightsabe
By the by, please tell me you've been reading this whole thread. I haven't had this much fun since....
...yesterday. :220v:
I don't know, I don't work anymore....so I'm even easier to entertain. :)

EAZYKILLER2006
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
well, heck we spend 2 to 3 thous every weekend :) we are out in havi...not counting the rhino we bought cash that weekend...then mijo bought his titian truck in havi, and my other son bought his altima in havi...wow, our boat was bought in havi...our house bought and furnished from havi:confused: yea, we do SPEND alot out in havi...

dragboat
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
The business owners are who really control the city, it will come time for them to start wielding that power ...
Really? :eek: LMAO! Do you own a business? It does NOT work that way here. I don't mean to be rude but I think you may have some misunderstandings about how the city and county governments are constructed. Go down and try to get a permit to repave a parking lot.:mad:
I think MY music sounds great with 1000 watts of clean sound, and I crank it but not at the sandbar where other people are trying to relax and enjoy THEIR tunes. Not everyone likes ZZ Top's "Girl Gone Bad" .......It's enough to drive you mad! :D

Daytona100
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Nice necklace..:D I love hearts...Pearls maybe better though.:devil:
NICE!!!!!!